diy solar

diy solar

Renogy 3000w inverter/charger: Error 05 & 02

nicoloks

Hi All,

Hooked a 50% discharged 300Ah LFP battery to my Renogy 3000W inverter/charger the other day to see how it handled the job. Both battery and Renogy are sitting on the floor of my study with no obstructions, ambient temperature is around 20c.

After charging at the full 75A for about 30 minutes the unit started beeping and displayed an error code of 05 and 02 before I shut it down. These error codes indicate inverter and heatsink over temperature respectively.

I let the Renogy cool down and set the max charge rate to 50A and the same thing happened again. I am using the 4 AWG wires that came with the Renogy to connect to the battery. I'm guessing I'll need to upgrade the 4 AWG cabling as a first step.

Would there be any other common reason why the Renogy is overheating like this when there are no obstructions and cool ambient temperatures?

Does have a fan that does not seem to be spinning up. Manual says a temp above 50c or 10A charge will engage it. I'm definitely hitting the latter.

Yeah I’ve heard those are noisy units when working properly. Sounds like you got the whisper quite version, sadly they aren’t rated worth much, but are nice and silent.

If you’re brave enough you might be able to see if the fan connector just needs to be fully seated, it’d sure take a lot less headaches than dealing Renogy and an RMA.

My unit is used and out of warranty, not sure if that is a blessing or not ?.

Anyway, pulled my unit apart today and the Yate Loon d90bh-12 fan was not functioning. Have ordered a replacement, hopefully this was the issue all along.

Back