diy solar

diy solar

Schneider Conext XW Pro project finished!

pvdude

Solar Enthusiast
Finally done w/ this project, and in time for hurricane season!
Amazing to me how the system takes watts from the PV and sends the power to the devices, dynamically changing as the load and insolation change.
I am learning to detest clouds!

Beginning to wish I had more batteries, possibly next year it might be possible to parallel 8 more
batteries and have 890Ah, instead of the 445Ah currently available. (amp joke...)

Driving to Miami to pick up the batteries is a PIA, but ultimately well worth it.

(PS - these guys were great, pricing better than anywhere else I found, and very helpful.)

Here is the display while the well pump is operating:
solar_power_flow.png

DSC00171.JPG

Enjoy the "geek out"! I've had my system for three years now and still enjoy standing in front of it and assessing the varying information gleaned from my Midnite Classic 200, the Conext SCP, and ISDT BG-8s. I do have a minor concern with your proposed acquisition next year of an additional 8 batteries to parallel. That could be a problem. Generally, it is not a good idea to add to an existing bank of lead-acid batteries due to the ongoing degradation that lead-acid batteries suffer from in their daily use.

I appreciate the reminder, forgot about the issue of joining old & new FLA’s.
Possibly may accelerate the addition of 8 more, hoping that if I combine new batteries within 6 months,
lightly used older batteries , might be OK.

Looks great!
What's the useable capacity of your current pack? Is it 222.5 ah of fla?

Also, on the charge controller: does it work to mount it with the top edge even? Or just with the lower edge parallel as you currently have it?

Thanks, it has been a fun project.
445Ah of FLA, want to do more, but don't have enough PV to charge 890Ah.
The charge controller cable knock-outs and the inverter knock-outs / network cable trays line up in that position only.

Back