diy solar

diy solar

Schneider xw pro 6848 not powering up with eg4 lithium battery

Sorry you're having to go through all this. I know the feeling. I went through a similar ordeal with batteries for most of last year
Was that the Caro disaster? If so, that's part of the reason i went local with a pre-made module.
You quoted my return idea. Is that something you're going to do, or is it not an option?

Not an option at this point. After i finally got the lifepowers going and saw they were working fine for a few days, i sold my fla batteries. Of course, the next day a battery tripped the alarm light and was not working. Zero confidence at this point. I'm stuck with these and have to find a way to make them work.

Yes Caro. Ordered in Early March. I was one of the 1st 3-4 to start receiving badly damaged and leaking cells

Yes Caro. Ordered in Early March. I was wondering one of the 1st 3-4 to start receiving badly damaged and leaking cells
In fact, my dad and I drove to Sulphur Springs because I wanted to see the shop in person and make sure i wasn't giving my money to some chump in his basement eating cheetos.

I guess sometimes you can do all the due diligence you want and still get screwed.

@Koldsimer for what it's wroth bud, thank you for posting your issue. When I called about this and they wanted to hold my order from shipping until they get a chance to "figure it out", I realized there was indeed an issue with their LifePower4 batteries and not just something weird going on with your setup. I was able to switch to the EG4 LL batteries "LCD screen". Luck and timing was on my side, that's very unusual.

Don't get me wrong I'm still bitter about having to pay the extra $$$ to upgrade just to avoid the defective battery. That was money I didn't have budgeted for this and sucks to be short now...

Was that the Caro disaster? If so, that's part of the reason i went local with a pre-made module.

Not an option at this point. After i finally got the lifepowers going and saw they were working fine for a few days, i sold my fla batteries. Of course, the next day a battery tripped the alarm light and was not working. Zero confidence at this point. I'm stuck with these and have to find a way to make them work.
Well you could get approved for a return, order up some TX cells and build up a diy and then return them.

But this is pretty much crappy stuff going on

We have been working with a stack of schneider 5548 and Xantrex 6048, irritating enough the 6848 is on the way but not here

the 5548 and 6048 all work with 2-3 batteries we have a video showing our demo on the way to our site

we will have all the stats on the ancient Outback and schneider 24v as well,

@Koldsimer for what it's wroth bud, thank you for posting your issue. When I called about this and they wanted to hold my order from shipping until they get a chance to "figure it out", I realized there was indeed an issue with their LifePower4 batteries and not just something weird going on with your setup. I was able to switch to the EG4 LL batteries "LCD screen". Luck and timing was on my side, that's very unusual.

Don't get me wrong I'm still bitter about having to pay the extra $$$ to upgrade just to avoid the defective battery. That was money I didn't have budgeted for this and sucks to be short now...

the upgrade is for the 10 year warranty, if you feel the circumstances in which you made your decision were unfair you can contact us directly and we will make sense of making you happy

I give up. After missing multiple days of work, between the many hours on the phone with tech and doing online research, i'm done trying things on my own. I have gone far beyond what the average user should be expected to do to make something advertised and sold as "plug and play" work.

It's been nearly 3 weeks since i picked these batteries up and installed them. Still not working right.

It's time for @Signature Solar @signaturesolarrichard @SignatureSolarUS to step up and do something. They said they would make this right and I have tried to be patient but it is running thin. Unfortunately, I have no other options at this point. I invested everything I have into these batteries- they have to make this right.

We all know they ordered a Schneider for testing but they have already acknowledged that they extended the time for the resistor and that is the problem that is keeping me from reliably starting my inverter. I have no idea what they expect to do or find out but how would i know? they haven't contacted me directly in well over a week. They know i have this issue and it seems many others are seeing similar issues- but they don't even have someone keeping me and others informed besides what they have offered here.

All this after being told multiple times they will work no problem.

It's important for everyone to understand that I did tons of research before buying these batteries. I wanted to make sure the company i invested in was the right choice for my familys future. I watched all the Will Prowse and David Poz videos, i read lots of threads on this site and others. I considered many other brands- Pacific Algorithms, Big Battery, Electric Car Parts, Rosen, Jakiper... I even considered ordering from the made in china site or alibaba. But a couple things kept steering me towards Signature- they were local and they seemed to get good reviews overall. I figured how could i go wrong?

I had pretty much decided on the eg4 lifepowers but I wanted to check the shop out in person to make sure they were legit. My dad and i drove up to Sulpher Springs to check out Signature Solar. We were really excited to find them- we had spent $40k+ on our systems with a different company in 2020 and we were hoping we had found our new source for all things solar.

I had talked to James on the phone several times over the past year and he was always friendly and knowledgeable, so I wanted to meet him. He was busy but i talked to Michael, their lead tech. I specifically asked him if these would work with my equipment. He said no problem, they have plenty of customers using schneider, midnite etc.. I made my purchase in person that day thinking in the off chance something is not right, surely they will take care of me.

It feels like a bad dream at this point...
Did you call in to tech support and share your feelings with them?
the pace of a fine-tune for the PRO 6848 is going to take until next week, we have other options if you call us. or email tech@signaturesolar.us and reference your handle from this thread

Last edited:
did you call in to tech support and share your feelings with them?
James, read this thread in its entirety. Your tech dept is well aware of the issue i am having. My experience is not a one-off anomaly. There are many others having issues.

Share my feelings with them? How will that resolve my issue? I haven't heard anything directly from them since Jan 4th but i will call them tomorrow and express how i feel. Who should i ask for?

Thanks for the update. I'm glad to see you are still pursuing a solution.

Last edited:
Sounds like you have a chance to get out of this situation. If so, I’d jump on it. Thanks for posting all this and sorry it didn’t work out.

I suspect they will get it worked out eventually. Though it’s rough if they have a conex full of these batteries on the way from China.

We have been working with a stack of schneider 5548 and Xantrex 6048, irritating enough the 6848 is on the way but not here

the 5548 and 6048 all work with 2-3 batteries we have a video showing our demo on the way to our site

the upgrade is for the 10 year warranty, if you feel the circumstances in which you made your decision were unfair you can contact us directly and we will make sense of making you happy
No, no need for you to "make sense of making me happy".
I made the choice to spend the extra $$$ to get the EG4 LL to have a useable battery on my inverter. I could have just cancelled my order and had you refund my thousands of dollars I paid months ago, but I really needed these batteries, so I paid you even more.

I'm good, you focus on making those LifePower4 batteries work for for these people that pre-paid thousands of $ and waited months to just receive a battery that won't even power on. They should be your #1 priority right now. If you haven't personally returned their emails or phone calls, that should be on your to-do list tomorrow.

As far as the 10 year warrantee, I'll be honest, I just hope if I ever need to use it, you guys provide better support than you do on a NEW batteries with 5 year warrantee. To be fair, I personally have not had to engage Signature Solar Support, my EG4 LL batteries work so far, but I don't like what I'm hearing from fellow forum members on the EG4 LifePower4 batteries. And to think I would be in the same boat as them, if I didn't stumble across this thread and take action, just irritates me even more....

James, read this thread in its entirety. Your tech dept is well aware of the issue i am having. My experience is not a one-off anomaly. There are many others having issues.

Share my feelings with them? How will that resolve my issue? I haven't heard anything directly from them since Jan 4th but i will call them tomorrow and express how i feel. Who should i ask for?
Ray is the head of tech, the dept is tactical, so if you want to keep a convo going that is out of trained scope then it could go on for a long time.

The situation here from a business standpoint is that if you have done way more than plug and play then you deserve to get a set of packs that work out of the box, we would probably prefer that we could compensate you the shipping value to us both ways in hope that it more than covers a drive to review live.

I am well aware but the battery has been out for long enough, several thousand shipped before the backlog we should have known about schneider XW PRO issues long ago, maybe dumb luck or maybe other factors are being overlooked here, either way you have a customer service problem here. we have given all kinds of situations the "benefit-of-the-doubt" and swapped or upgraded for people when service options ran out.

This crew is 50-60% strength in the service and repair dpt with how many people are sick this week: if you can make it here your situation will end, it would be great if you could bring your inverter for the benefit of this forum and we could do a video, otherwise we won't have live data on the PRO until next week.

Pls holler at customer service and ask for the RMA dept tomorrow and, shipping or driving, either way get a plan locked down.

No, no need for you to "make sense of making me happy".
I made the choice to spend the extra $$$ to get the EG4 LL to have a useable battery on my inverter. I could have just cancelled my order and had you refund my thousands of dollars I paid months ago, but I really needed these batteries, so I paid you even more.

I'm good, you focus on making those LifePower4 batteries work for for these people that pre-paid thousands of $ and waited months to just receive a battery that won't even power on. They should be your #1 priority right now. If you haven't personally returned their emails or phone calls, that should be on to-do list tomorrow.

As far as the 10 year warrantee, I'll be honest, I just hope if I ever need to use it, you guys provide better support than you do on a NEW batteries with 5 year warrantee. To be fair, I personally have not had to engage Signature Solar Support, my EG4 LL batteries work so far, but I don't like what I'm hearing from fellow forum members on the EG4 LifePower4 batteries. And to think I would be in the same boat as them, if I didn't stumble across this thread and take action, just irritates me even more....

To be clear, no "batteries that don't power on" are being discussed on this forum sir.

This is a singular issue with a Conext Pro 6848.

Ray is the head of tech, the dept is tactical, so if you want to keep a convo going that is out of trained scope then it could go on for a long time.

The situation here from a business standpoint is that if you have done way more than plug and play then you deserve to get a set of packs that work out of the box, we would probably prefer that we could compensate you the shipping value to us both ways in hope that it more than covers a drive to review live.

I am well aware but the battery has been out for long enough, several thousand shipped before the backlog we should have known about schneider XW PRO issues long ago, maybe dumb luck or maybe other factors are being overlooked here, either way you have a customer service problem here. we have given all kinds of situations the "benefit-of-the-doubt" and swapped or upgraded for people when service options ran out.

This crew is 50-60% strength in the service and repair dpt with how many people are sick this week: if you can make it here your situation will end, it would be great if you could bring your inverter for the benefit of this forum and we could do a video, otherwise we won't have live data on the PRO until next week.

Pls holler at customer service and ask for the RMA dept tomorrow and, shipping or driving, either way get a plan locked down.
I will call and speak to Ray tomorrow. My family lives 100% off grid with no grid backup. I can't un-install my inverter for testing at your shop.

Maybe i'm reading your post wrong but returning them is not an option. Even driving to swap them out will leave me in a pickle as I have no way to power the house without a battery hooked to inverter. Schneiders wont run on just generator input.

Thanks again for the updates- it gives me hope we can work something out.

To be clear, no "batteries that don't power on" are being discussed on this forum sir.

Sorry, maybe I should have said "Won't power on an inverter", the batteries power up just fine with nothing hooked to them. There is more than the Schneider XW Pro 6848 having issues. There's another member reporting the same issue with Magnum inverters.

I've spoke my peace on the situation and tried to help @Koldsimer get resolution to his issue. I will be watching the outcome though. How this is handled is a telling of the support we might receive if needed. Hope you find a resolution to the issue soon.

There are two other users that detailed their same exact experience i had when attempting to start the inverter. They posted in this thread. @Scott Martinez @HighCountryBill

I'm only 45 minutes from your shop. I would be happy to have a tech come by to witness the startup problem if there are any questions about what is happening. It may help solve the problem.

Last edited:
Just to add another data point...

A co-hort who has installed lots of Sol-Ark inverters and Signature Solar lithium batteries today said that he has not had any issues like this. Or other lithium batteries with other inverter installations.

I am at Intersolar this week. Maybe, if I get the chance, I could ask some of these companies if they have seen this issue before. Growatt and others are here.

H

How about the Magnum MS-4448-PAE?

Back