diy solar

diy solar

Should you remove snow off panels?

What about removing Frost?
We had this phenomenon occur last week.
First time this season.
It could happen again!
Terrified, we were rummaging around the house looking for Parkas and such.
After spotting this on the roof, I was afraid to journey to the ground mount array and
see the condition. I have read that “Frost” can “bite”.
The horror……frostjan152022 copy.jpg

Here in NC, snow is a rarity… but we’ve had two days of snow/sleet this month… once a few days ago, and again last night. Meh… it’ll melt. I think todays high is 44…

44 is balmy , it was -9 this morning and haven’t seen my solar panels in over a week
I’m running the Honda ?

44 is balmy , it was -9 this morning and haven’t seen my solar panels in over a week
I’m running the Honda ?
-28 at sunrise-ish, only -1 on Mount Washington

Attachments

• AA870329-E2D9-4744-A3ED-33C57CAB6DB1.jpeg
    AA870329-E2D9-4744-A3ED-33C57CAB6DB1.jpeg
    134.6 KB · Views: 5
-28 is a bad number , I think our record cold was -27 but i don’t remember it being that cold in my area .
I was ski patrol in Killington Vermont in the 80s and there where some -30 days but no one was sking

I’m at 2300’ but there are a few peaks 3300 or so around me cold and snowy up there

I did try pumping current into the panels to melt some very light snow on a morning when it was pretty close to freezing. What I thought was a reasonable amount of current for the conditions didn't even phase the panels. Though possible, it just didn't seem worth the expenditure of energy.

-28 is a bad number , I think our record cold was -27 but i don’t remember it being that cold in my area .
I was ski patrol in Killington Vermont in the 80s and there where some -30 days but no one was sking
I lived in Newell SD for 3 years...
Regularly got 40below and colder...
Several nights-100 with wind chill...
It's cold there... lowest elevation is around 6000' wind is usually around 60mph...

Back