diy solar

diy solar

Signature Solar disappointing service

Asymair95

Just wanted to pass along my experience with Signature Solar so other customers don’t make the same mistake I did. I hate complaining about stuff like this online, but I feel my treatment was so egregious it warrants it.

The short story is, don’t accept damaged shipments from Signature Solar...unless you’re ok with using damaged equipment, and MAYBE getting a few bucks off of your order. If you want The damaged item replaced/returned, refuse the shipment. Otherwise, if you accept the shipment, and try to return it later, they will blow you off, and slow roll replacing your damaged item.

There is a long backstory to this incident, and I would be willing to share it here if forum members are interested in hearing it. Bottom line, I won’t be doing business with them anymore, nor will any of my family/friends/neighbors. This is not the way you treat a customer who just dropped $12k at your business.

What did you order that was damaged?

Something like a pallet of 33 panels would be hard to inspect at delivery. Unless the delivery guy is willing to wait around, it'll take quite a while to unpackage and inspect all 33 panels.

But having said that, I've also seen plenty of threads on here about signature solar's bad customer service.

Welcome to the club.

I for one would like to hear the whole story.

Based on my experience with them, I tell anyone who will listen to avoid them like the plague. There are FAR better companies out there.

Based on my experience with them, I tell anyone who will listen to avoid them like the plague. There are FAR better companies out there.
They are nothing more than a get a sea container from China, open it up and put shipping labels to the USA on what's inside. No value add at all.

If you can deal with that, they are OK.

Other than that, I think there are too many left over JB Weld fumes in that building.

Last edited:
Let me guess....

Your solar panels arrived damaged then you contacted signature solar to get replacements sent, they refused and just refunded your money for the damaged panels like their policy states they do and printed all over their website?
please say yes, please say yes...

Just wanted to pass along my experience with Signature Solar so other customers don’t make the same mistake I did. I hate complaining about stuff like this online, but I feel my treatment was so egregious it warrants it.

The short story is, don’t accept damaged shipments from Signature Solar...unless you’re ok with using damaged equipment, and MAYBE getting a few bucks off of your order. If you want The damaged item replaced/returned, refuse the shipment. Otherwise, if you accept the shipment, and try to return it later, they will blow you off, and slow roll replacing your damaged item.

There is a long backstory to this incident, and I would be willing to share it here if forum members are interested in hearing it. Bottom line, I won’t be doing business with them anymore, nor will any of my family/friends/neighbors. This is not the way you treat a customer who just dropped $12k at your business.
You'll be hearing and seeing my story tomorrow afternoon unless my issue is resolved.
Edit: Richard and Ben took care of the issue immediately Tue morning. Thank you!

Last edited:
Knock on wood all the shit I’ve ordered from them is working as expected. Also spent around 12k with them.

Luckily for me the only complaint I have is my batteries didn’t come with the communication cables. I have called a couple times and got the run around. Also luckily for me I really don’t need them, other then it would be nice so I wouldn’t have to switch the cable from my laptop from battery to battery when checking things out. I just hope I never need to use the 5 year warranty. I’m the kinda person that would drive from Oregon to Texas and throw my shit though their front window like the American tire center commercial.

. I’m the kinda person that would drive from Oregon to Texas and throw my shit though their front window like the American tire center commercial.
I almost thought the same when dealing with them. Not in so much for the poor product quality, but the promises of resolving and getting back that never happened after you continually chase after them.

Would you mind messaging me your order # so I might could offer you some help in the situation? At least get some clarification

I almost thought the same when dealing with them. Not in so much for the poor product quality, but the promises of resolving and getting back that never happened after you continually chase after them.
Frustratingly, very consistent of not responding or resolving any existing issue. They will just say, "We are not electrician here..." or something like that. Plsssssssss...

I’ve ordered from them and had no bad experiences.

One thing that stand out though…Atlas Survival Shelters did a video with them where he claimed he had just discovered them. They are both in Sulfur Springs, TX…a town of 15,000.

I wonder if they are tied together?

I smell bullshit just rolling off the owner of Atlas. Used car salesman on steroids vibe. Hell, someone firebombed his office not too long ago.

I’ve ordered from them and had no bad experiences.

One thing that stand out though…Atlas Survival Shelters (who is a bit on shady side IMHO) did a video with them where he claimed he had just discovered them. They are both in Sulfur Springs, TX…a town of 15,000.

I wonder if they are tied together?

I smell bullshit just rolling off the owner of Atlas. Used car salesman on steroids vibe.
We have ZERO affiliation with Atlas. We insisted that he remove the video he made in our facility. We are not now or will we ever be attached to that company in any way. That was an unscheduled, unexpected drop in.

Frustratingly, very consistent of not responding or resolving any existing issue. They will just say, "We are not electrician here..." or something like that. Plsssssssss...
There are certain things that we are not allowed to comment on in regard to wiring for liability reasons. We can only assist between PV input and A/C output on the inverter.

Back