diy solar

diy solar

Signature Solar disappointing service

I don’t know what is wrong with that video. Actually, I think it was a good promotion of Signature Solar.

I don’t know what is wrong with that video. Actually, I think it was a good promotion of Signature Solar.
The only thing that really tripped me up was Atlas stating he didn't know of them before...in a town of 15k in the middle of Bumfrak, TX. It's not like Sulfur Springs is a suburb (within reasonable driving distance to DFW, but definitely not remotely connected). It's like a Case dealership not knowing about the John Deere dealership in the same small town. I wish I had never brought it up, but too late now.

The only thing that really tripped me up was Atlas stating he didn't know of them before...in a town of 15k in the middle of Bumfrak, TX. It's not like Sulfur Springs is a suburb (within reasonable driving distance to DFW, but definitely not remotely connected). It's like a Case dealership not knowing about the John Deere dealership in the same small town. I wish I had never brought it up, but too late now.
Atlas owner was fairly new to the area at the time. I've lived in this town for a long time and only met the owner through a program set up by the Chamber of Commerce. Coincidentally, we showed up to tour his facility the day after the fire in his office. He was making that video when we got there.

He did edit it down some - originally there was a ton of talk about products that weren't available or were in R&D. We got 100's if not 1000's of phone calls and emails about this stuff. Was a very rough few weeks, all in the midst of rebuilding a website and a number of other large scale projects. As our dealings with him continued we decided it was best not to be affiliated or partnered.

I have to say this sounds like you are now trying to take advantage of Signature Solar. This guy Ben is trying to remedy the situation, and now you want to abuse his kindness. Greed can get the best of people. Please recognize that Signature Solar has to stay in business in order to give any of us good customer service. We can not bleed them dry and expect quality customer service.
I definitely was not trying to take advantage. Far from it. I thought this would save them shipping the thing back to Texas, and show a gesture of good will for the inconvenience of this situation so far. It is strapped to the pallet and ready to go back if that offer wasn’t agreeable to SS. I thought it could be beneficial to both of us...that’s all.

Looks like SS still has not learned anything form all the bad PR, and they will play tit for tat. Will had to make an entire section for all the SS complaints. Good thing I I did not spend any money with them and never will now. Ill stick with watts247 and AltE.

Well, I wont fit in here but, here goes anyway...
I spent a bunch of money with Signature Solar and was afraid of bad things to come. But, everything came in wood crates or boxes with a ton of thick foam. A minor scratch on somthing (i don't remember, don't care) and everything worked. I did have to call about a cable and they sent one right out.
Then came a issue (intermittent restart) one call to SS and they started the process to fix the issue. THEY contacted me several times to confirm everything was resolved with the issue. They even helped me install the firmware, as I had trouble with my p.c. That impressed me!!!
Ok, blast away. (All fun intended)

Looks like SS still has not learned anything form all the bad PR, and they will play tit for tat. Will had to make an entire section for all the SS complaints. Good thing I I did not spend any money with them and never will now. Ill stick with watts247 and AltE.
no, will started a new section because (new) members where misusing this forum to pressure the suppliers into doing their bidding.

furthermore, in this case SS/eg4 does huge numbers compaired to all others out there, so there's bound to be more issues.

couple that with the growing pains of a booming company, and some that seem hellbound to badmouthing them instead of trying to help the member with issues .

Hello all. My first post here. I have bought 2 EG4 3000 Inverters, 3 EG4 48 Volt Batteries from Signature Solar. Have no experience with solar at all. All were freighted to North Carolina, no damage and on time. Set system up in parallel with 3k in panels. All work done my self. No problems with system, running for 3 months. Cannot understand why others have so many problems. Bad mouthing companies will accomplish nothing.

I have ordered 2-SPF 3000TL LVM Growatt inverters, 1-EG4-LL and 2-EG LifePower batteries and a 6-bay battery rack. I have received and installed the inverters and the LL and 1-LifePower batteries. The order confirmation clearly states that "When receiving your order please visually inspect your shipment for any damages or shortages prior to signing your delivery receipt." It goes on to describe the steps needed if you find any damage.

I had an issue with my inverters throwing 04 and 20 errors. Ben tried to help me here in the forum and then asked that we talk off-line to better understand how I had setup my system. He put me in contact with tech service and my issue was solved. Tech service was not hard to reach - it just took some time (a day or two). I'm a satisfied customer and would buy again from them.

Hello all. My first post here. I have bought 2 EG4 3000 Inverters, 3 EG4 48 Volt Batteries from Signature Solar. Have no experience with solar at all. All were freighted to North Carolina, no damage and on time. Set system up in parallel with 3k in panels. All work done my self. No problems with system, running for 3 months. Cannot understand why others have so many problems. Bad mouthing companies will accomplish nothing.
We simply cannot generalize all cases as every case is different. There are many players involve from customer to seller. I am sure seller would have the merchandise well packed and ship out. Then come the shipper who may be a good one on record. Then come the delivery guy who don't care at all. Your merchandise maybe well secure the first time in the truck. While on his way to delivery to other customers, he may need to move your merchandise around and fail to secure it in place and have it bumping inside the track for another hundred miles to your door. Just need to be lucky.

no, will started a new section because (new) members where misusing this forum to pressure the suppliers into doing their bidding.

furthermore, in this case SS/eg4 does huge numbers compaired to all others out there, so there's bound to be more issues.

couple that with the growing pains of a booming company, and some that seem hellbound to badmouthing them instead of trying to help the member with issues .
There are far to many fanboys trying to defended a company that just dose not care. IF they did care they would simply make things right then move on. Yet they spend so much time replying to EVERY negative post here. That shows people that SS dose not care about the customer just what the masses think of them. SS may be a newer company but they have no excuse for the mistakes that they are making because others companies already made them. If they will not learn form your competitors or other companies that deal with shipping out products then they are not worth your money. They have ONE job to make customers happy by selling them good WORKING products. Mistakes will happen but they must do what ever it take to make it right not make excuses. If a customer has a bad experience it is there right and obligation to tell others. If not then companies could rip people off and nothing would ever happen to them. I will not be surprised if the problems with SS keep rolling in.

Try defending your fellow customers NOT a multi million dollar company, they can afford to fix F.ups the customer might not.

well shoot.... just when i thought we were all on the same page
I think we are. What's missing here is the emphasis on "..they can operate in the same battery stack."

Here is the exact message from @RichardFromEG4 on using the LL and lifepower4 in the same battery bank.

"Here is the data from the whitesheet:

Communicating EG4-LL and EG4 LiFePower4 batteries.

Step 1. Ensure that your EG4-LL is the “Master Battery” (the battery communicating to the inverter).

Step 2. Ensure that your EG4-LL dip switches are in a Down,Down,Down,Up configuration.

Step 3. With the first of your EG4 LiFePower4 batteries in your bank ensure the dip switches are all down.
*NOTE: if you have more than 1 EG4 LiFePower4 make sure the dip switches on the remaining batteries are in a configuration so no 2 batteries have the same address.

Step 4. Run your network cable from the RS485 port of your EG4 LiFePower4 battery to the BATT port of your EG4-LL battery.

Step 5. Run your communications cable from the RS485 port of your EG4-LL battery to the BMS port of your inverter.

Once all above steps are complete start up your system and navigate to your menu and select Lithium w/BMS communications in the menu and your system should successfully communicate with your battery bank."

He stated that several people do it so they have one battery that they can look at for SOC, volts, etc since the LL has the data screen.

I will make judgment from his statements, of any of us that make a positive remark of S.S. being " fan boys". I did not badger him nor make snide remarks towards him, yet he feels free to make childish name calling. I was only giving my experience, which would be of some worth here.
Bottom line... if everyone shares their opinion, than anyone can add up pros and cons to make a personal decision.
Ok, feel free to return to name calling. I hope I get a good one.?

I will make judgment from his statements, of any of us that make a positive remark of S.S. being " fan boys". I did not badger him nor make snide remarks towards him, yet he feels free to make childish name calling. I was only giving my experience, which would be of some worth here.
Bottom line... if everyone shares their opinion, than anyone can add up pros and cons to make a personal decision.
Ok, feel free to return to name calling. I hope I get a good one.?
You "positive experience" dose not delegitimize others negative experience.
As for the name calling telling people to get vagisil or Preparation H is just fine and dandy yet calling them fan boys is crossing the line?!?
Others claiming people are whining or trying to rip off the company wile ignoring the problems altogether.
Also I never called you a fan boy nor badger you so why are YOU getting offended by it?
Turn a blind eye to the comment of people that agree with you and only focus on the one that disagree.
Question: do you know the word Hypocrisy?

The over all problem is when someone comes here to say they were mistreated by company A, then others say "it did not happen to me so you must be wrong about them". As if defending the company will magically make it all better, new flash it won't.

Back