diy solar

diy solar

Tag along with me on my $30,000 Signature Solar purchase. International Order?

Did you have to arrange the freight forwarder or did Signature Solar take care of it?

*This is not a review as this purchase is ongoing

Just purchased my complete hybrid system from Signature Solar. I've seen some of the reviews previously regarding customer service and warranty claims so I decided to make this thread for anyone to follow along if they're interested in also purchasing from Signature Solar. I'll be sure to include every detail, good and bad.

Item & Price List
12x EG4-LifePower4 Lithium Battery | 48V 100AH | Server Rack Battery | UL1973 $16,308
EG4 18KPV Hybrid Inverter | All-In-One Solar Inverter | 18000W PV Input | 12000W Output | 48V 120/240V Split Phase | EG4-18KPV-12LV $5,599
Boviet 11.47kW Pallet 370W Bifacial Solar Panel (Black) | BVM6610-370-HC-BF | Full Pallet (30 Solar Panels) - 11.47kW Pallet $4,920
2x EG4 Enclosed Battery Rack | 6 Slot | Wheels Included | Welded | Busbar Covers | Fits LifePower4 Batteries $1,098
3x 100ft 10 AWG Copper PV Wire | Black and Red $330
2x 96in 2/0 AWG Battery to Inverter Cables | Black and Red $258
120x Mini Rail | 6in $576
120x End Clamp for Mini Rail | 40mm Silver $180
120x End Clamp for Mini Rail | 35 mm Silver $180 *Panel thickness was between 35&40mm so decided to purchase both to be sure. Can resell unused to market
3x
IMO DC Disconnect Rooftop Isolator Switch $269

LOG START ?

Date: July 17th?
Order status: Paid | Ready to Ship
(So far customer service prior to purchase has been phenomenal. Chat support got to me in less than 2 minutes and was able to answer all of my questions, sometimes even getting in touch with tech support and following up with me.)

Date: July 21st
Order status: Backorder | Partial Ship
(Email came through stating status has changed to Backorder | Partial ship. On checking content of what was shipped it appears everything was shipped. Unsure of why it mentioned backorder and partial ship. Will contact customer service for confirmation.)

Date: July 26th
Order status: Backorder | Partial Ship
(Contacted customer service to confirm what was actually shipped. Was told none of my equipment was shipped due to backorder of battery racks. Not sure why I received an email stating items were shipped and I would receive tracking within 72 hours. Blessing and a curse as I do prefer everything to be shipped at one time for ease of freight forwarders.)

Date: August 2nd
Order status: Shipped
(Received an email today stating the entirety of the order was shipped. Should have tracking in a day or two for an update.)

Date: August 10th
Order Status: Delivered to Freight Forwarder
(Everything arrived, some very minor damage to the box containing the battery racks. Battery racks themselves seem to only have a few small scuffs, I'm sure these can buff) Images on page 3

Date: August 25th
Order Status: Delivered to home
(So far everything looks like it has arrived. I have yet to fully connect and check the products to see if they are in working condition. The only issues I have is that one cabinet came dented in on the rear, and since it's just sheet metal I plan to just pound it back out. Not going to hassle anyone over a dent. Other issue is the pallet containing the panels arrived broken. Hoping the panels are fine, will be checking this weekend for cracks and microcracks.)

Date: September 25th
Progress Status: Panels installed, Inverter installed, battery bank installed.
(Been nearly a month waiting for this install, had to get the work checked over by a separate company to ensure everything was proper. Should be fully online in a day or two when final checks are completed and the electrician signs off. Big shout out to @Luxpower_Gilbert for help in updating my inverter and enabling the features I required. I'll have pictures of everything when completed.)
For God's sake inspect everything before you sign the deliver receipt. I neglected to break down the pallet of 24 panels I got from them. When I did I found the outside panel(they were stacked on edge) smashed. Too bad, so sad, you only have 24 hours to report hidden damage. Now I am one panel short and out $262 and what ever freight to get another one (not from them obviously).

For God's sake inspect everything before you sign the deliver receipt. I neglected to break down the pallet of 24 panels I got from them. When I did I found the outside panel(they were stacked on edge) smashed. Too bad, so sad, you only have 24 hours to report hidden damage. Now I am one panel short and out $262 and what ever freight to get another one (not from them obviously).
Order 1 or 2 extra. You’ll always use them.

Sorry for the long awaited update. Been a lot of turmoil and pretty hectic. Now working with the 3rd installer. Seems they are only about a days work away from completion. I'll be doing an upload of pictures of the whole system. Big shout out to @Luxpower_Gilbert for helping in setup. Reached out to him a few times and he's gotten back to me every time and helped within 5 minutes of receiving a message.

diy solar

diy solar
Back