diy solar

diy solar

Terrible Signature Solar / EG4 18Kpv Experience - Returning and Replaced with Sol-Ark 15k

It’s a shame you didn’t visit my house so we could solve the issues first hand. I understand that’s ultimately not the most realistic scenario but I wish it had been the case.

Happy to provide extensive feedback if you’re so inclined.
All good now sir, thank you. You have shared so much details. also from my teamate, Gilbert, he also shared how he assisted with that system. He siad you were very thankful to his support.

We've seen Luxpower 8-12kW posts for SPI 2023 show, did you get any result if you can sell 12kW let alone 8-10kW from Chinese court after Luxpower were sued by Huayu? How about their final judgement to Luxpower? Will your existing customers(like EG4, Fortress, Sum Beat and Getsol etc.) face any risks in case you loses?
Again go away

That is a problem as well. Signature is touting new products for advance orders all over their product line.. I had the most ridiculous waste of time experience with them. SO many signs of film fkammery. And the thread Will posted about he will not tolerate endless bashing if companies hear. But as long as he gets his affiliate commissions, he will folate a 16% dissatisfaction rate among what are clearly intelligent well informed customers. And worse, there isn’t even a whisper if this in his reviews or comments. He is obviously deleting any bad reports.
While that may be your opinion, I don't think Will is all-that. He has ripped SS products in his videos and called them out more than once.

I'm no SS fan boy, but any issue I have had over the past 2.5 years they have taken care of. Once a new replacement inverter. And most recently a replacement mini split AC that is right now on the truck for delivery. (I bought 3 and 1 out of 3 has a bad mppt. Warranty replace. No problem)

My first interaction with SS is today. Ordered a refurb EG4, they charged my card, then sent me a fraud verification requirement. It seems like if you were trying to prevent someone's account from being drained, you wouldn't charge the card first ? Are they struggling in general with order of operations in customer service ? I do a lot of business with TireRack, and this is exactly the opposite of how they would manage something like this.

Told them if they don't get back to me today, to just cancel the order.

***and they did not get back to me yesterday. Also a stark difference from customer service in companies I give my $$$ to. Looks like SS and I will have had a very short relationship. Judging from reading this thread, Probably for the better for the both of us. With this business going the way it is, I’m sure they won’t miss me.

Last edited:
The software industry has moved past internal testing.. it's all about live testing now baby! You find the problems, get them to admit there is a problem, then they can work on fixing it, if they can duplicate it.
LOL, this is something I've been noticing. All the popup survey's how are we doing ? What could we do better ? How about you just build a good product and test it well, and then you don't have to bother me with what I think as it will have already been taken care of by your excellent, well built, and tested product. I think Google started this, with everything being beta, and maybe we'll discontinue it tomorrow...

That's why you should be purchasing Victron stuff from a distributor that is known to have good support like Current Connected.
Speaking of Current Connected, has anyone purchased the EG4-18kpv from them? And if so, do you call Current Connected for support for the EG4-18kpv?
Thanks
Scat

Speaking of Current Connected, has anyone purchased the EG4-18kpv from them? And if so, do you call Current Connected for support for the EG4-18kpv?
Thanks
Scat
Yes, and yes. We support everything purchased through us. I have demos of every product setup at the shop, so if a tech needs to go look at something or troubleshoot on a unit they have full access to the hardware, not just stuck with trying to read the manuals.

Yes, and yes. We support everything purchased through us. I have demos of every product setup at the shop, so if a tech needs to go look at something or troubleshoot on a unit they have full access to the hardware, not just stuck with trying to read the manuals.
Thank you very much for your response
Scat

Again, another example of @HighTechLab not totally sucking. :)

Show me the way. ?

But yeah @HighTechLab
- Are you able to remotely log into a 18kpv and tweaked user settings remotely upon request?
- firmware updates?
- etc
For the most part, yes, with the exception of firmware updates, as we do not have the firmware files available for upload; we do however have a direct contact at EG4 that we work through to get firmware updates done as needed.

I think Google started this, with everything being beta, and maybe we'll discontinue it tomorrow...
It's a terrible practice but at least Google is free. Inverter and related product vendors take it to a whole new level with selling half baked products to customer paying $$$.

Last edited:
@HighTechLab out of curiosity, what are the biggest reasons you chose the EG4 version vs the original Lux?

Initially, we had the opportunity to buy the inverters directly from Luxpower at a much better price and I turned the offer down.

I was interested until I found that EG4 has specific (exclusive) customizations, such as proper hand-ties on the breakers (very important for code/safety), a properly sized wiring compartment, UL9540 with reasonably priced batteries in the works, and to top it off a much bigger pull on Luxpower to get firmware issues fixed than if I was doing it on my own. EG4 also has much higher product turnover so any revisions come through to the end consumers far quicker than if I was doing a container at a time.

Our mentality in business is to provide solutions to our customers, not just lists of products that suck or have shortcomings...so why take on all that financial responsibility to offer a lesser quality inverter that hasn't had all the important fixes applied, just to save a add a few bucks in profit? We rather carry the best products (and versions of it) possible so our customers are taken care of as best as possible.

We also are signed on with Fortress Power and can list their batteries and version of the same inverter if we wanted to...but has anyone seen the price on the Fortress batteries lately? To be certified to UL9540, you have to pair batteries with inverter, so by buying their inverter you are stuck with their batteries to be code compliant.

I wouldn't sleep at night upselling a customer a battery/brand that costs twice as much as it should, which adds no benefit over the EG4 option and has a FAR higher self consumption (I forget how many watts per battery, but there is a long drawn out debate thread on this forum). At those prices, it's a money grab, not a solution...and solutions are all we care about.

Initially, we had the opportunity to buy the inverters directly from Luxpower at a much better price and I turned the offer down.

I was interested until I found that EG4 has specific (exclusive) customizations, such as proper hand-ties on the breakers (very important for code/safety), a properly sized wiring compartment, UL9540 with reasonably priced batteries in the works, and to top it off a much bigger pull on Luxpower to get firmware issues fixed than if I was doing it on my own. EG4 also has much higher product turnover so any revisions come through to the end consumers far quicker than if I was doing a container at a time.

Our mentality in business is to provide solutions to our customers, not just lists of products that suck or have shortcomings...so why take on all that financial responsibility to offer a lesser quality inverter that hasn't had all the important fixes applied, just to save a add a few bucks in profit? We rather carry the best products (and versions of it) possible so our customers are taken care of as best as possible.

We also are signed on with Fortress Power and can list their batteries and version of the same inverter if we wanted to...but has anyone seen the price on the Fortress batteries lately? To be certified to UL9540, you have to pair batteries with inverter, so by buying their inverter you are stuck with their batteries to be code compliant.

I wouldn't sleep at night upselling a customer a battery/brand that costs twice as much as it should, which adds no benefit over the EG4 option and has a FAR higher self consumption (I forget how many watts per battery, but there is a long drawn out debate thread on this forum). At those prices, it's a money grab, not a solution...and solutions are all we care about.
Speaking of UL9540, your listing of the SOK batteries indicates that listing is pending. If it’s a battery/inverter combination requirement, what inverter are they being certified with?

I’m already using the SOK batteries so the answer likely won’t have any effect on me, I just wonder what that process is looking like. I wasn’t aware until recently that it was a combination of products rather than individual products with listings being used together.

Back