diy solar

diy solar

The new "My Sol-Ark" App and Migration to AWS is happening very soon.

This is going to be painful. Many plants haven't migrated, including one of mine and now the server isn't responding to those that were ported over. :( Sorry @robby I no longer believe that Sol-Ark developed the original product. Where is the smart load panel and the optimizers? They haven't released any new products in the last 2 years and this migration is pathetic.
I don't know much about what is going on with MySolArk because my friend over there has nothing to do with it.
The company has kind of changed in the last 6 months. It is no longer one big division of people working closely together sharing info, it is now kind of divided into the Big Business Inverter Section (three phase and HV battery stuff) and the Home Market Section plus a completly seperate Firmware and Software divison.

My Inverter went offline at 9:20pm EST from Powerview.
I have tried MySolArk and it throws up a "Network Exception error" when trying to populate the Plant List.
It is what it is, I am not happy about losing any data and I can really understand the frustration of people like you and @Tulex who have lost days of data. So long as my Inverter keeps running fine I will wait a few more days.

I know that the Smart Loads panel was completely in house deigned and ended up being way more complicated than they expected and is now having hardware revisions done.
I suspect that the Optimizers hardware was not designed by Sol-Ark but they evidently bought into some kind of contract that allowed them to develop and install their own firmware design. Don't quote me on that as I have Zero interest in optimizers and have not been asking many questions about them.

Been licking my chops on all the comments about Solar Assistant the last year or so. With the promotion of Mysol-ark I hesitated on purchasing it. Given the seemingly never ending delays of the roll out I decided to. Hat tip to @robby and @Ampster

I finally purchased a Orange Pi with SA from Watts247 a couple of weeks ago.

I am glad I did ...

Last edited:
I see the inverters going to 35.83.190.84 which is IOT AWS ( The MySOLARK site)
and the old Elinter.

I see the inverters going to 35.83.190.84 which is IOT AWS ( The MySOLARK site)
and the old Elinter.
I know some people will be very happy with that. It never really bothered me that it was hosted in China but I know some people hated it.

Been licking my chops on all the comments about Solar Assistant the last year or so. With the promotion of Mysol-ark I hesitated on purchasing it. Given the seemingly never ending delays of the roll out I decided to. Hat tip to @robby and @Ampster

I finally purchased a Orange Pi with SA from Watts247 a couple of weeks ago.

I am glad I did ...
Glad to hear that your happy with it.
Solar Assistant is definitely the best tool for getting live Data and it's super reliable.

I know some people will be very happy with that. It never really bothered me that it was hosted in China but I know some people hated it.
Considering all the traffic was outbound it didn’t bother me.

Everything incoming is blocked by default.
Have to make rules to allow.

Well the MySolArk app is online and running perfectly.
It even had the data that I expected to be missing.
I can only see partial data from yesterday as that is still archived over at PowerView. I will log in with the PC tommorow.

It's odd how the info is never consistent. This morning Mysolark says I've had 6.5 kWh of solar, SA says .4, and SA is correct, because at 7AM with it raining, I've not had over 6kWh of solar. The graph in Mysolark doesn't even show that amount of solar.

As for totals being off, all was good through March. April, May, and June are all low for Mysolark. The only reason I care is that SA doesn't show more than a year, a feature I've requested and they replied it's a feature worth adding in the future. We'll see.

April 121 kWh low
May 379 kWh low
June 141 kWh low

It seems like they are pulling the wrong data together in their calculations/algorithms.

On a (3) 15K system I'm seeing:
MySolArk shows: loads ~34kW, grid input ~26kW, PV ~2.9kW, battery ~5.9kW
Solar Assistant shows: loads~55kW, grid input~ 36kW, Pv ~7.8kW, battery ~9kW

It's almost as if MySolArk was chalking up the CT sensor data to be loads, then subtracting PV and Battery contribution off of that to get grid value... but even then, it isn't showing correct PV and battery data to start with....

I hope in another day or 2 it will get straightened out, but the inverters are all 3 showing up and connected under "Equipment", so my expectations are slowly dropping....

Ok, power view now shows a message that says everything has migrated to My Solark
Looking at My Solark I see a daily graph that ends at 4:05 am and it is now 8:22 am
Is this some sort of time offset issue?

EDIT: I went into my inverter parameters and changed one thing and when I went back to look at the plant over view, the data magically updated and now shows current data on the graphs.
Just in case someone else has this same issue.

You can see in my screen shot how the graph jumped from 4:05 an to 8:20 am right after I made a change to my inverter parameter.

Attachments

• mysolark.png
    mysolark.png
    32.1 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Powerview now has a message up saying that I have two more weeks of access to my old Data.

Is there a way to download more than just one day at a time?
No!
There was an option of date ranges up to about a year ago but it never worked properly and they abandoned it.

I am not really liking the Dark background with the opaque graph. It is visually much clearer on a white background like in PowerView.

I am not really liking the Dark background with the opaque graph. It is visually much clearer on a white background like in PowerView.
And it's going to bleed the black ink cartridge if I print any image.

My inverter shows online, but my plant keeps going offline.
My system is displaying. The dashboard generation numbers for today are off. However the numbers for today are correct if I go into equipment/overview.

Well, Fedex isn't the only one not getting a Christmas card this year.
😂
I knew this was going to be a hot mess, that is why I was not interested in migrating during the beta trials.
I see they added some sort of weather feature but I did not try it.

Maybe it will be a settings option in the futue. I prefer the dark background. It's easier on my eyes.

And, it only downloads PV, nothing else? Or is there a different place to DL than from the plant list?
What do you mean only PV?
It is an excel file with all 56 or so parameters for the whole day.

diy solar

diy solar
Back