diy solar

diy solar

The new "My Sol-Ark" App and Migration to AWS is happening very soon.

Yes, but @robby says:

If that is how it works, then there should be no "lost" data.

I won't lie though, there have been times previously where it looked for all the world like any disconnection from internet caused data loss.
And up until April, that's how it worked. It's only been since they've been messing with the software that it hasn't worked that way. I've had days in the past that were way off, but my totals matched at the end of the month. But for the last 2 days, my PV has been starting out at 6kWh with My solark before the sun even comes up. I had a day this week that had more charging than pv, with only charging via pv. The numbers are all over the place.

And up until April, that's how it worked. It's only been since they've been messing with the software that it hasn't worked that way. I've had days in the past that were way off, but my totals matched at the end of the month. But for the last 2 days, my PV has been starting out at 6kWh with My solark before the sun even comes up. I had a day this week that had more charging than pv, with only charging via pv. The numbers are all over the place.
It no longer stores the data for 18 Hours??

As to your other problems maybe it's time to call Sol-Ark and have them sort it out for you.

It no longer stores the data for 18 Hours??

As to your other problems maybe it's time to call Sol-Ark and have them sort it out for you.
Can't say how long it stores data, I just know I can't make sense of where their data is coming from. For example, today I started with 6kWh of pv in mysolark, but SA was at .1. As of now, with mysolark showing graph up to just 10 minutes ago, it's only at 12kwh, but SA says 16.

I will call them in the near future, I figure, with numbers still changing, they are likely still trying to account for all the data.

Anyone have any thoughts as to how it's even possible to have numbers this skewed?

Here are screenshots of Solar Assistant vs MySolArk:

Solar Assistant:
View attachment 220340

MySolArk:
View attachment 220341

Don't both Solar Assistant and MySolArk basically just "read" data from the inverters? Solar Assistant might track, record and calculate totals internally. But the inverters obviously do the same, so how can MySolArk have these crazy off numbers. And by crazy off numbers, I am referring to how there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason as to where the numbers are at. For instance battery charge is nearly identical in my screenshots. Loads are close but MySolArk is about ~4% lower than SA, but then PV is ~44% lower....
While I see some slight differences in numbers because of the 5 Minute vs 10 second sampling it is nothing like what you are seeing.

TempSolar1.jpg

TempSolar2.jpg

BTW it’s been raining cats and dogs for the last three days so production is very low.

Last edited:
FYI: Here is a link to the instructions if you haven’t already seen it: https://www.sol-ark.com/wp-content/uploads/my-solark-user-guide.pdf

I downloaded the app some time ago and was just waiting for it to go live. I tried to get power view to work but never could.
The first day or so I got a lot of errors but it seems to be working much smoother now.

It’s fun to look at but since I installed my system over two years ago I rarely check on it.
Unlike many other systems you don’t have to futz with it or spend lots of time pulling out your hair to get it to work.
Initially I had questions but Solark answered them all.
I’m as cheap as the next guy but I went with something proven and didn’t want to deal with a company that you can’t get hold of or always blames you.

Yeah I mean the Sol-Arks just work so after a while it becomes kind of boring which is a good thing.

Some people on here think they are not popular anymore because of the lack of new threads on them, but if you look around you will see that tons of guys who were messing with all sorts of other brands quietly went to Sol-Ark and now only occasionally post.

My wifi router will block network traffic by country. When I installed my Sol-Ark 15K I had to unblock China in order to get PV Pro to work. I just tried re-blocking it now that my plant shows up in My Sol-Ark, but after a few minutes it went offline. So apparently my Sol-Ark is still talking to China. I hope that is changed by the time this migration completes.

My wifi router will block network traffic by country. When I installed my Sol-Ark 15K I had to unblock China in order to get PV Pro to work. I just tried re-blocking it now that my plant shows up in My Sol-Ark, but after a few minutes it went offline. So apparently my Sol-Ark is still talking to China. I hope that is changed by the time this migration completes.
Are you actually seeing the router block it? Mysolark goes offline constantly.

Powerview no longer reporting. Mysolark has no data for the past few days.
Same here, my PV app puked out a bunch of error codes (false errors, sol-ark is fine) earlier this week, and hasn't provided any data since. The dongle is definitely connected to my wifi, and it shows up as "online" in the PV app, but...no data...

I missed the earlier discussion, was there some sort of change that happened on PV backend that has screwed everything up? How do I fix it...?

Same here, my PV app puked out a bunch of error codes (false errors, sol-ark is fine) earlier this week, and hasn't provided any data since. The dongle is definitely connected to my wifi, and it shows up as "online" in the PV app, but...no data...

I missed the earlier discussion, was there some sort of change that happened on PV backend that has screwed everything up? How do I fix it...?
Sol Ark's email today:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240607-205347.png
    Screenshot_20240607-205347.png
    246.4 KB · Views: 10
Sol Ark's email today:
Ooooh!!🤦‍♂️There's a completely new app, wow, I really missed the boat here🤣 Got the new MySolark app and logged in with my old PV Pro credentials, working great, amazing, thank you so much for the tip!

Ah but as others have noticed, the "E-Today" value (top summary section) only shows PV (MPPT) production, not PV+micro inverter total (like the old PV Pro app did, which was much more helpful/practical). Bummer, maybe fixed in an update someday...?

So far I am not seeing any issues with their servers. I suspect some people might need to call them and have the dongle updated on their system.

So absolutely my load is showing up in overview as PV in Mysolark. Right now, I've had zero PV at 4:15 AM. Mysolark shows 5.1 E-Today, and 5.1 consumption. It also shows 5.1 load for the day. Yet under inverter, it shows zero E-Today. Plus, the overview month total doesn't match the inverter month total.

So absolutely my load is showing up in overview as PV in Mysolark. Right now, I've had zero PV at 4:15 AM. Mysolark shows 5.1 E-Today, and 5.1 consumption. It also shows 5.1 load for the day. Yet under inverter, it shows zero E-Today. Plus, the overview month total doesn't match the inverter month total.
Same for me this morning, just different numbers

Are you actually seeing the router block it? Mysolark goes offline constantly.
Unfortunately the router doesn't log the country blocking, but if I block China it stops working (Dongle lights change and shows offline in app) and when I unblock it it comes back. It's repeatable, so I don't think it is a conincidental outage.

Unfortunately the router doesn't log the country blocking, but if I block China it stops working (Dongle lights change and shows offline in app) and when I unblock it it comes back. It's repeatable, so I don't think it is a conincidental outage.
This is very interesting. I thought I read that Solark is using Amazon servers. Does that mean their servers are in China? If so, how is this an improvement?

Looks like Sol Ark has my graphs up and running now on my desktop browser
Powerview used to update every 15 minutes
My Solark is updating every 20 minutes

The My Sol-Ark App is not updating the Power Flow graph, everything is zero
The screen shots below are from my Desktop Browser, so the Interweb browser is working as of this morning.

Attachments

• MySolark.png
    MySolark.png
    63.9 KB · Views: 4
Ooooh!!🤦‍♂️There's a completely new app, wow, I really missed the boat here🤣 Got the new MySolark app and logged in with my old PV Pro credentials, working great, amazing, thank you so much for the tip!

I changed the My Sol Ark login password to something different than Powerview password
Just to make the Powerview login no good

The dongle needs to know where to send the data. Is it possible this ip address (or web address) is hard coded into the dongle firmware? So does it send the data to a server in China which them forwards it to AWS?

The outside server can not initiate the connection with the dongle as the home router would block the incoming connection.

Just to add one data point, my new install was turned on yesterday, mysolark is reporting all data correctly.

One error is that I can't share access, getting error message 'no permissions' when trying to give my wife access, via the Share Plant screen

Last edited:
Just a note any Sol Ark peeps lurking the thread. It would be like totally awesome if any revisions of the App included the ability to rotate the display using a handheld device ie. Phone, tablet, from Portrait to landscape.

While a general overview in portrait view is okay, I'd like to be able to view the whole day graphs in a bit larger form. Perhaps even be able to touch/click on the graphs to view/stretch to full screen with the parameters.

Last edited:
Ah but as others have noticed, the "E-Today" value (top summary section) only shows PV (MPPT) production, not PV+micro inverter total (like the old PV Pro app did, which was much more helpful/practical). Bummer, maybe fixed in an update someday...?
Oh I see, there are two different E-Today values. One is correct and the other not. Oh well.

1000014643.png

diy solar

diy solar
Back