diy solar

diy solar

Tik Tok is Doomed!

robby

Photon Vampire
After listening to a good part of the Congresional hearings I must say I have not heard this much Bipartisanship since the 9/11 attacks.
Both side want this company out of the USA, so I am confident that this is pretty much a done deal.
A Young 22 year old girl was in a store and heard me mentioning it to my wife and to my surprise she said "I really hope so".
I had to ask her why and she said "My Mom is like a total addict, she spends 5-8 hours per day using it."

I've never visited the site once. Most of these social media websites are basically a societal cancer.. Even with Facebook, the marketplace listings are about the only useful feature.

I don‘t like tic tok nor the new youtube shorts - version of it. Most of it mindless idiots doing idiot shit. I’ve got friends and family that think tic tok is great. Just my opinion. I prefer youtube style or something like It rumble, bitchute, vemo,

Google will normally - only bring up youtube when searching for videos…. Any reason why? Youtube also censors same as tic toc. You’d think the chinese would allow us free speech to lure ppl in like youtube once did.

duckduckgo has been compromised and mostly shows just youtube when searching for videos.

have to use yandex to find bitchute rumble and the rest for video content

They are not going to ban Tik Tok.
The theater is required to keep sheeple stupid and distracted from the real stuff thats happening.
They will make a lot of theatrics about it, maybe even some "confessions" (already predetermined behind closed door), but nothing will change at the end of the day.

Not surprised at all. Anything they push is a power grab and means to restrict free speech. They are threatening to block VPN usage and jail you for 20 years if discovered

Looks to me like the standard playbook .... scare people with how dangerous something is .... introduce legislation to "solve" the problem .... sneak things into the legislation that gives the government more power to control you.

Already said “we are living in the Commie States of Merica” ? the govt does this ever chance it gets and we allow it every time. France knows how to party
somewhere there is couch tater saying “not gonna fect me”

After listening to a good part of the Congresional hearings I must say I have not heard this much Bipartisanship since the 9/11 attacks.
Both side want this company out of the USA, so I am confident that this is pretty much a done deal.
A Young 22 year old girl was in a store and heard me mentioning it to my wife and to my surprise she said "I really hope so".
I had to ask her why and she said "My Mom is like a total addict, she spends 5-8 hours per day using it."
That is gross for anyone over about 10 yrs old …especially a mom ….she should seek help…

Last edited:
Not surprised at all. Anything they push is a power grab and means to restrict free speech. They are threatening to block VPN usage and jail you for 20 years if discovered
While in general I do agree with you, the problem I have with Tik Tok is that one of it's main uses is to allow anyone to manipulate videos and pictures into anything that they want. This is the same kind of thing the new AI Photo and video systems are doing.
If this continues then at some point there will be no way to know what is real from what is a deep fake.
If that happens then society will be manipulated by the individuals who can come up with the best scripts and ideas to bend society to their will. Riots and even wars could be started by individuals who are just looking for a laugh.

I am not saying that this kind of thing does not happen today on a State level, but the thought of it being in the Hands of millions of people and most of them being kids, is just frightening.

Last edited:
Peter Zeihan is one of my go-to sources for unbiased world politics. People should watch his videos.

Here's his opinion on Tik Tok.

Peter Zeihan is one of my go-to sources for unbiased world politics. People should watch his videos.

Here's his opinion on Tik Tok.
He kind of lost me when he said they have a convention in Vegas every year to sell your Data.
A statement so unbelievable requires some real proof.
I just cannot imagine the US government allowing the Chinese and Russian Governments to fly into the USA to attend a convention to buy Data on US citizens.

He kind of lost me when he said they have a convention in Vegas every year to sell your Data.
I just cannot imagine the US government allowing the Chinese and Russian Governments to fly into the USA to attend a convention to buy Data on US citizens.

When I first started listening to him, I did what I always do.. fact checked anything I found to be extraordinary, strange, or something I viewed as hyperbole.
I haven't found anything to be inaccurate in either the content, or the context in which it is provided.

To address your reply.. After a lot of "fact checking" Zeihan, I've kind of stopped because the guy hasn't yet been caught BS'ing anything.. In my own personal opinion regarding my strict criteria for a legitimate and honest information source, I have stopped fact checking him. .. and thus, I never checked his facebook claim. After a quick google search, sure enough.. here are some links...

I seriously doubt they call it a "convention to sell your data" or anything related to such a title.

You'd be surprised at how our laws work and how exploits are used to circumvent them.

Hey, I totally get where you're coming from, because it seems like TikTok has been making headlines for all the wrong reasons lately. But let's not forget that at the end of the day, it's just an app – people have the freedom to use it as much or as little as they want.
I wish it was as simple as personal choice, but it really isn't. TikTok is sending data back to China even when the app is closed. Use your credit card? China could could hijack it. In fact, that's the problem and why it's making news. China is compiling personal data on you, and that data could include gps movements, which becomes a national security issue.

The real problem here is that... and I hate having to admit this... sometimes government needs to protect people from their own ignorance.. Ouch.. that hurt to say and I wouldn't agree with such a statement 99.9% of the time, but this is one instance where it's true.

I've even heard stories of families coming together and creating fun content, which is a wholesome use of the platform IMO. Regarding your story about the 22-year-old, it's always sad to see when someone gets obsessed with an app, but it's important to remember that addiction isn't exclusive to TikTok. A healthy balance of screen-free time is key to maintaining mental wellbeing, no matter what the platform. As hard as it might be to believe, some people were able to lead fulfilling lives even before the internet – I found a cool website, iamat.com, that shares nostalgic stories that remind us of life before everything went digital. It's a pretty fun read. In any case, let's see how things unfold with TikTok, but meanwhile do remember that tech has its good and bad sides, and it's up to us to decide how we engage with it.
I completely agree.. but with one exception.. the problem here isn't the tech, its the actor who controls that tech and what they're doing with it unbeknownst to their millions of users. When China decides to release your personal information to anyone who wants it, imagine the chaos that would follow? Millions of stolen identities, millions of credit card fraud cases.. overnight.

And the national security issues? Damn, that's an entire different conversation. Can you imagine a member of the military, or a high level contracting executive, being tracked by China?

Your perspective, which I agree with specifically and exclusively, from your perspective, is limited to its social issues.. Is too much television bad for my child? Is that video game going to cause him to act out in real life? And on that level, I agree that TikTok is not a problem if moderated.

But the problem with TikTok isn't a social issue, its a security problem, and a big one.

As hard as it might be to believe, some people were able to lead fulfilling lives even before the internet – I found a cool website, iamat.com, that shares nostalgic stories that remind us of life before everything went digital.
I am not sure if your being facetious with that remark or believe that it is true.
What I find it hard to believe that people are living a good life today. I think it's more of a material based life style that tries to make you feel good with meaningless stuff.
All the metrics show that this is actually the case. Mental issue's, lack of trust, high Divorce rates, Murders, Division, Low Birth Rates and personal isolation.

I'm thinking @BreannaRhodes is a spam account... First post in the off topic section of a solar forum... The website linked goes to something for autolikes on ticktock... I apologize if this is false, Breanna.

For clarity I only liked the post for the statement below.

.A healthy balance of screen-free time is key to maintaining mental wellbeing, no matter what the platform. As hard as it might be to believe, some people were able to lead fulfilling lives even before the internet

Back