Today's Daly SmartBMS Android App Update forces a firmware update which fails

update successful system work
android app 2.2.8 old

update via pc

daly bms R25A1-GI16

Attachments

• Bms21_210911_CADC030+309.rar
    45.4 KB · Views: 190
Lol i was about to do it but contacted the seller and got the correct firmware file best contact the seller and get the firmware file and after that its just 5 mins to fix the issue
The files here may not work corrextly as there are multiple versions of hardware and software. Best contact seller and get firmware file.

I have just heard back from the seller on Aliexpress. He apologises that he is unable to help because he "has the virus".

Rolling back the App doesn't work for me. Charge and Discharge are both turned off, so I now have no BMS whatsoever.

I guess I'll just have to wait a while...

Hi in all team here, i put a older version and work fine
here the link https://apkpure.com/smart-bms/com.inuker.bluetooth.daliy/versions
in app close the update for the app
Same for me also if there is something wrong because after a while the app lost Bluetooth connection. Also cells voltage seem wrong because the app prompt me for one of mine 12 cells a voltage of 0.325 volt or so on and also charge percentage is wrong (prompt me 72% but the correct value should be 27% according to value of a SOC meter who I have).

this happens to me also. now my BMS works blindly. only one LED blinks once in a while. stupid SMARTBMS software did not allow me to ignore the update. i am in a process of taking technical help from the deligreen. so far no good result. even the BMSmonitor PC software cannot communicate with the BMS now.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2022-12-26 at 23.51.10.jpg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-12-26 at 23.51.10.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 34
  • WhatsApp Image 2022-12-26 at 23.51.11.jpg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-12-26 at 23.51.11.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 34
  • WhatsApp Image 2022-12-26 at 23.51.12.jpg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-12-26 at 23.51.12.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 33
The forced Daly Smart BMS update screwed both of my BMS units up as well. From what I've read this is only a temporary bug and will be fixed...eventually. That said, I manually monitored my battery bank and the upper threshold of 3.65V was exceeded during solar charging on a single LiFePO4 cell, but the BMS did not stop the charge cycle. I applied a load to bring the bank down to safe levels. This leads me to believe the BMS is doing zero protection. I did not attempt a firmware update, or unplug the BMS, before this observation, so I'm unsure of how the BMS itself is malfunctioning and not just the app.
Anyways, here is how i fixed it. I deleted the Smart BMS app, and turned off wife and mobile data on my phone. I downloaded Smart BMS V2.2.8 apk from here: https://apkpure.com/smart-bms/com.inuker.bluetooth.daliy/versions
and moved the file to my android with a USB-C cable. I then installed the app on my phone from it's download folder. It didn't work with the BMS units immediately, so i disconnected power and reset them. Then, after about 4 minutes the app screen populated with all the normal information like cell voltage values. It has frozen a couple times in the last 15 minutes but otherwise seems stable and the BMS is now cutting off charge current when a cell hits 3.65V. Good luck everyone.

I HAVE 250A DALY BMS WHICH APP. FROZE JUST LIKE EVERYBODY'S. MY BMS CAME WITH ADDITIONAL SCREEN. I'VE DISCONNECTED BLUETOOTH AND PLUGED SCREEN IN THE SAME SOCKET. I REGAINED COMPLETE CONTROL OF MY BMS. I CAN REED DATA OF EACH BATTERY AND MANAGED TO CHANGE SETTINGS. IT SHOWS THAT RUNNING ESSENTIAL EQUIPMENT AT HOME OR WORK FROM CENTRALIZED APP. IS NOT THE GOOD IDEA. WE NEED TO SUPPORT EQUIPMENT IN FUTURE THAT CAN OPERATE INDEPENDENTLY FROM INTERNET CONTROL EVEN IF ITS CONVENIENT.

Last edited:
The forced Daly Smart BMS update screwed both of my BMS units up as well. From what I've read this is only a temporary bug and will be fixed...eventually. That said, I manually monitored my battery bank and the upper threshold of 3.65V was exceeded during solar charging on a single LiFePO4 cell, but the BMS did not stop the charge cycle. I applied a load to bring the bank down to safe levels. This leads me to believe the BMS is doing zero protection. I did not attempt a firmware update, or unplug the BMS, before this observation, so I'm unsure of how the BMS itself is malfunctioning and not just the app.
Anyways, here is how i fixed it. I deleted the Smart BMS app, and turned off wife and mobile data on my phone. I downloaded Smart BMS V2.2.8 apk from here: https://apkpure.com/smart-bms/com.inuker.bluetooth.daliy/versions
and moved the file to my android with a USB-C cable. I then installed the app on my phone from it's download folder. It didn't work with the BMS units immediately, so i disconnected power and reset them. Then, after about 4 minutes the app screen populated with all the normal information like cell voltage values. It has frozen a couple times in the last 15 minutes but otherwise seems stable and the BMS is now cutting off charge current when a cell hits 3.65V. Good luck everyone.
How do you reset units?

I
・ 24s 30A BMS
・ 2 update failures at 60%
・ Unplug all connectors and leave, reset?
・ I can't see the data even with the old app

It seems that the charging cutoff is moving.

I'm glad I didn't get a fire as a Christmas present...

I HAVE 250A DALY BMS WHICH APP. FROZE JUST LIKE EVERYBODY'S. MY BMS CAME WITH ADDITIONAL SCREEN. I'VE DISCONNECTED BLUETOOTH AND PLUGED SCREEN IN THE SAME SOCKET. I REGAINED COMPLETE CONTROL OF MY BMS. I CAN REED DATA OF EACH BATTERY AND MANAGED TO CHANGE SETTINGS. IT SHOWS THAT RUNNING ESSENTIAL EQUIPMENT AT HOME OR WORK FROM CENTRALIZED APP. IS NOT THE GOOD IDEA. WE NEED TO SUPPORT EQUIPMENT IN FUTURE THAT CAN OPERATE INDEPENDENTLY FROM INTERNET CONTROL EVEN IF ITS CONVENIENT.

Daly hat eine neue Firmware für 48v 16s 150A BMS herausgegeben und mein BMS endgültig korrigiwoher?
Darf ich fragen woher oder welche Emailadresse?
Ich habe 3 verschiedene Daly Emails ausprobiert, über die ich früher schon mal Kontakt hatte, keiner antwortet. Ich habe mehrer Firmware-Varianten implementiert. Gd32E230-309 scheint überall zu funktionieren, egal wieviel "S" !
Kann das mal jemand bestätigen?
Mein 24V 8s 100A läuft wohl auch mit der Firmware!

L'aggiornamento forzato di Daly Smart BMS ha rovinato anche entrambe le mie unità BMS. Da quello che ho letto questo è solo un bug temporaneo e verrà risolto... alla fine. Detto questo, ho monitorato manualmente il mio banco di batterie e la soglia superiore di 3,65 V è stata superata durante la ricarica solare su una singola cella LiFePO4, ma il BMS non ha interrotto il ciclo di carica. Ho applicato un carico per portare la banca a livelli di sicurezza. Questo mi porta a credere che il BMS stia proteggendo zero. Non ho tentato un aggiornamento del firmware o scollegato il BMS prima di questa osservazione, quindi non sono sicuro di come il BMS stesso stia funzionando male e non solo l'app.
Ad ogni modo, ecco come l'ho risolto. Ho eliminato l'app Smart BMS e ho disattivato i dati mobili e della moglie sul mio telefono. Ho scaricato l'apk Smart BMS V2.2.8 da qui: https://apkpure.com/smart-bms/com.inuker.bluetooth.daliy/versions
e ho spostato il file sul mio Android con un cavo USB-C. Ho quindi installato l'app sul mio telefono dalla sua cartella di download. Non ha funzionato immediatamente con le unità BMS, quindi ho scollegato l'alimentazione e le ho ripristinate. Quindi, dopo circa 4 minuti, la schermata dell'app si è popolata di tutte le normali informazioni come i valori della tensione della cella. Si è bloccato un paio di volte negli ultimi 15 minuti, ma per il resto sembra stabile e il BMS ora interrompe la corrente di carica quando una cella raggiunge 3,65 V. Buona fortuna a tutti.
Scarica da https://apkpure.com/smart-bms/com.inuker.bluetooth.daliy/versions la versione precedente file.apk , disinstalla la 2.4.0 e installa la 2.2.8 funziona.

Mine: version 2.4.0 is still working fine.
Do not push the "Software upgrade"

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221227-095706_SMART BMS.jpg
    Screenshot_20221227-095706_SMART BMS.jpg
    179.3 KB · Views: 53
  • Screenshot_20221227-095741_SMART BMS.jpg
    Screenshot_20221227-095741_SMART BMS.jpg
    164.1 KB · Views: 55
Gd32E230-309 scheint überall zu funktionieren, egal wieviel "S" !
Kann das mal jemand bestätigen?
Mein 24V 8s 100A läuft wohl auch mit der Firmware!
Meines Wissens (OHNE GEWÄHR) sind 40A - SH39F004; 80A, 100A, 150A - BMS-GD230-309E; 200A - BMS-ST103-303E.
Also, nicht überall.

Back