diy solar

diy solar

Victron is Over-priced Eurotrash. Why would anybody buy Victron over an AiO?

So been looking for the "March" release of the class t lynx power in. However looks like it will only be in a 3/8"/M10model and not the 5/16ths m8 we are accustomed to. I guess no biggie re-terminating battery cables as needed.

Screenshot_20240312_185140_Samsung Notes.jpg

Ive gone with a direct attach midnite 250A 125A DC breaker (blue seas 6006 switch for size reference).

20240313_135109.jpg20240313_135738.jpg

So been looking for the "March" release of the class t lynx power in. However looks like it will only be in a 3/8"/M10model and not the 5/16ths m8 we are accustomed to. I guess no biggie re-terminating battery cables as needed.

View attachment 201922

Ive gone with a direct attach midnite 250A 125A DC breaker (blue seas 6006 switch for size reference).
Where are you getting that list? Does that Class-T part mean they will actually have built-in support for putting in class T fuses?

So that breaker is surface mount, right? How is that going to play out? Another Milwaukee crate?!? lol

I opted for MRBF fuse internal to my battery (mounted to that same blueseas disconnect switch), as that 24v life is so much easier to manage.

My MPII order was supposed to be delivered today, but FedEx tracking hasn’t updated since leaving Missori since Monday. . . .

Where are you getting that list? Does that Class-T part mean they will actually have built-in support for putting in class T fuses?
Its the 2024 Victron price guide. I don't think we've seen the internal design but apparently that's the plan (for a single class T).

So that breaker is surface mount, right? How is that going to play out? Another Milwaukee crate?!? lol

I opted for MRBF fuse internal to my battery (mounted to that same blueseas disconnect switch), as that 24v life is so much easier to manage.

My MPII order was supposed to be delivered today, but FedEx tracking hasn’t updated since leaving Missori since Monday. . . .
Yeah my days of carting the batteries and sccs etc outside each morning and back in at night are coming to an end. Gonna bring the solar cables into the laundry room and build a little setup in there. Packouts too small now with the monstrosity attached lol.

My guess what ever they come up with to house a class T, it’ll be about the size of that Lynx power in and house one fuse similar to their smart shunt, and in line fuse more than load fuse.

I’d be amazed if they offer multiple class t fuses in one housing.

Well perhaps I am at the end of my " Blue" spending spree. The smart charger and Battery Protect will be here tomorrow...... Now what am I gonna do?......sigh....

Well perhaps I am at the end of my " Blue" spending spree. The smart charger and Battery Protect will be here tomorrow...... Now what am I gonna do?......sigh....
Do you own any black equipment? Could jump into the midnite rabbit hole.
By the time you climb out you can resonate with your black and blue wall art as it bruised the wallet 😅

By the time you climb out you can resonate with your black and blue wall art as it bruised the wallet 😅
Funny you mentioned Midnite,, years ago when the kid first came out I "almost" jumped down that rabbit hole but at that time there were complaints with the programming so I went with the Bogart set up.( sitting in a box now ) I retire on the 29th so I am making sure I have things to do as I transition from a working slave to a house slave 😉

Those hawkes bay and Barcelona sccs sure are purty.

My wife asked if I wanted to put our MultiPlus 3000 in the shed and build a bigger system for the house. 🥰 Of course I would, but I don't think we need that much power out there.
Now I know you are an idiot... (J/K) of course you need more power out there... WTF were you thinking? "wife approved" and you backed out? sighs and shakes head...

Question. If a person posting on this forum has a pecuniary interest in promoting a particular product, should that fact be disclosed to the forum at large?? Or, is it already??
Of course... I have no interest in other than promoting shit that works. I make no money, receive no discounts nor do i care one whit. but the ability to poke fun at a few of the forum members (who actually have a sense of humor) has made this thread priceless... so in the parlance of my former life... Hippidity hop scotch goldilocks and get your ass in gear.

Check the rules. You can't self-promote. However if you're not affiliated with a product/company and you just really like it, feel free to write a review. If you are affiliated with a company, you clearly have to state so in the line below your username. You can find the rules here:

"Yes I self Promote daily... I am the Daddy MFing Tanuki... Coolest Tanuki on Mount Fuji... Bow down and kiss my scent glands."

I'm sure this has been asked before (maybe even in this thread) but don't recall.. why do their charge controllers put all that blue goop in there making it extremely difficult to repair or even replace the internal fuse?
some makers use large blunt chunks of aluminum to act as a heat sink... others use large fins (morningstar) others use a combination with fans.. (avoid as fans die eventually) its all in the design process and the price point.

Yeah but VictronConnect trends stores 30 days which’s is all I need. Right now my AC needs are only when we’re there (propane fridge).

Trust me I would do it, maybe via a pi build but I can’t justify it now. In due time.

I wish I had the mental ability to wrap my mind around PI programming or adurino programming.... I'm an old school fool.

MPII is out for delivery, I routed it to fedex store as I wasn’t going to be home day of delivery that required signature. So now I pick it up at my lunch break or in the afternoon.
Nice peace of mind that some dirty porch pirate won't be running off with it.

Funny you mentioned Midnite,, years ago when the kid first came out I "almost" jumped down that rabbit hole but at that time there were complaints with the programming so I went with the Bogart set up.( sitting in a box now ) I retire on the 29th so I am making sure I have things to do as I transition from a working slave to a house slave 😉
bogart is kind of hard to argue with. it simply works. i use several of the trimetrics to monitor stuff and its always more accurate than the magnum BMK or the SOC meters int he DALY's...

diy solar

diy solar
Back