diy solar

diy solar

Well pump problem with EG4 18kPV

henglenn

I am having a well pump issue with the 18KPV. I don't know why but the pump runs slower with this inverter and cannot build over 40psi. I had to adjust the cutoff switch because the pump would not shut off. This problem did not exist when I was running it with the eg4 6500ex. Also, it works fine when connected to the grid.

Is there a setting or something I should try?

I'd put an even money bet on the frequency.

I am having a well pump issue with the 18KPV. I don't know why but the pump runs slower with this inverter and cannot build over 40psi. I had to adjust the cutoff switch because the pump would not shut off. This problem did not exist when I was running it with the eg4 6500ex. Also, it works fine when connected to the grid.

Is there a setting or something I should try?
can you take picture under device info?

What’s the frequency set on the inverter. Seen some had issues where factory default was 50 and didn’t get changed.
It was at 50 and I changed it to 60. Now the pump works great! Thanks! Now I know why my hot tub pump failed. I would have never figured this out. Thanks!!!

Unfortunately this happens if the inverter has never been connected to the grid and you forget to check and set it.

Back