diy solar

diy solar

Why my system will not run my fridge?

ya, not the same thing the new battery 12.9 drops to 12.7 alarm go off, and restarts.
You could put a multimeter, light bulb, or a variety of things across the battery terminals and see if the voltage drops to zero when the battery resets causing the inverter to reset. Seems the SOK has no indicator lights showing it's status.

When the battery voltage is low .... it is going to required more current to the inverter from the battery to provide the amount of power the fridge needs to start.

Do you have a proper charger for the lithium pack?

You could put a multimeter, light bulb, or a variety of things across the battery terminals and see if the voltage drops to zero when the battery resets causing the inverter to reset. Seems the SOK has no indicator lights showing it's status.
I think that would be a good test once we get the pack fully charged.

Sounds like your old batteries were weak also.

When the battery voltage is low .... it is going to required more current to the inverter from the battery to provide the amount of power the fridge needs to start.

Do you have a proper charger for the lithium pack?
I have a midnight classic 150 solar charge controller that I have not been able to connect yet need some connectors. but will this charge the battery it was set up for 2- 6v golf cart batteries or will I half to change the setting.

Just to rule out the inverter or fridge you could temporarily add a car or lawn mower battery using separate wires to the inverter. In my van the inverter is half way between the house and starter battery. If the inverter really needs power I can flick the switch to the starter battery powering it from both directions. Wire's used were stolen from my 300a heliarc welder.

Last edited:
Just to rule out the inverter or fridge you could temporarily add a car or lawn mower battery using separate wires to the inverter.
I'm going to the home depot to get the cables cut in half cause I think 8 feet long from the battery to the inverter is too long u guys think 4 feet would be a good length?

I'm going to the home depot to get the cables cut in half cause I think 8 feet long from the battery to the inverter is too long u guys think 4 feet would be a good length?
I would keep them as short as possible for your mounting situation.

Just to rule out the inverter or fridge you could temporarily add a car or lawn mower battery using separate wires to the inverter. In my van the inverter is half way between the house and starter battery. If the inverter really needs power I can flick the switch to the starter battery powering it from both directions. Wire's used were stolen from my 300a heliarc welder.
so 8 feet long cables wouldn't be the problem?

If it's 2/0 cable .... with good connectors .... I doubt that is the problem ..... but, it's never a good idea to have extra cable laying around.

You need to get that battery charged.

If it's 2/0 cable .... with good connectors .... I doubt that is the problem ..... but, it's never a good idea to have extra cable laying around.

You need to get that battery charged.
I Will do but I think I need new connections on the side where it was connected to my old battery and also is there an app for my phone so I can post pics and reply to these forums?

Back