diy solar

diy solar

Xuba Electronics: DEAL - 280AH LiFePo4 cells. Purchase & Review

just so i understand the sea shipping. there is no tracking until it clears customs and is picked up by fedex?
There is no tracking us mere mortals can see with any shipping from China, until it clears Customs.
Not just Sea, but Air, and Mail, too.
I have a small Amazon package of test lead adapters that has been in the China Post mail system since April 1st.
Amazon still says arrival by June 11th. It turned out I didn't even need them, but Oh Whale....
USPS tracking still has them listed as Shipping Notice received.

Your Slow Boat from China, has to have them listed on some Cargo Manifest, someplace.
I'm sure on some computer system, someplace, that could be found, including the ships location on the high seas.

Finally, just checked and my April 1st Amazon order went live on the USPS tracking yesterday.
It's at the LOS ANGELES CA INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER right now.

I'm finally ready to pull the trigger...and Amy informs me "There is no shipping by sea channel to transport to the door to Canada. Shipping by sea to the destination port requires the order of 100kg or more." So sad. Anyone in British Columbia want to split an order of 16 cells with me?
My brother might want to split an order of 280ah cells. Are you thinking 8 cells each. He is in Campbell River on Vancouver Island. Where are you?

Just curious, which port did they enter the US at?
Same question for Capt Bill?

General location for both of Y'all, too. Don't need to be exact, just an idea how they're shipping goes.
for me, ... I think it may have been Long Beach area. or whatever port is nearest to HAWTHORNE, CA US . ... I never got that specific info. even though I asked for it, and wondered about that too.

for me, ... I think it may have been Long Beach area. or whatever port is nearest to HAWTHORNE, CA US . ... I never got that specific info. even though I asked for it, and wondered about that too.
It all depends on the carrier whether it is Port of Los Angeles or Port of Long Beach. Years ago it was said that 30% of US imports came through those two ports. Probably less so with the new Panama Canal.

Hawthorne California, home of the Beach Boys and SpaceEX:)

the name of the ship they're on
Wow to the Track Shipping link. for specific ship used. Have your been able to get that kind of info. from an Xuba battery order? Just wondering. I asked what is port of arrival in usa, but it was not most important question, and I just went to trusting reputation with enough other answers. ... I think Amy is a sweet heart.

Remember that while COVID is creating many issues through the crisis, so are Politicians, I may be wrong but didn't Duerte of the Philippines just have some sort of meltdown against China and made threats or something ? If more Duties, Taxes, or Levies have been added then that would certainly add to the costs. Also since COVID went big everywhere Shipping costs for all of us have gone up, we have seen jumps for deliveries by various couriers even here in Canada. Everything from Battery Cells to just electronics boards I have ordered in the past 2 months have had increased shipping costs. If only everyone could play nice for a change, especially when so much is screwed up, we ALL need to pull together everywhere to clobber this Covid Crisis.
No, Duteurte is in love with China. he recently made a joke to the Chinese premier that maybe Phillippines should be a province of China...
He's been telling Filippinos "we may need to ask China for help in this crisis" etc. It's the US he hates...

My 8 x 3.2v 280 Ah LiFePO4s order finally arrived at my Northern California carport door May 27, 2020 . My credit card payment went through April 2, 2020, and Xuba transferred this order to their choice of Sea Freight shipping April 13; so that was 45 days on a sea freight ride to FedEx to my door shipping route. I took the risk of ordering during the Coronavirus because I wanted the batteries, the price was good, plus I finally got enough questions answered to trust Amy and Xuba's reputation on this forum. Total cost w DDP shipping (for clarity on shipper handling USA customs and customs duties), to FedEx (I requested UPS or FedEx shipping for the security of their tracking info. once batteries cleared customs and got into FedEx system) was $1022 total; which I think includes minor Alibaba fees, and bank conversion of currency fees. I thought the DDP aspect that may not be available outside the USA, was worth allot (from stories I heard/ to me).

Here's My Curious Creator Take: Glad they finally arrived. Packing was excellent with several layers of cardboard plus foam wrap. Brand new batteries with their little square (certification or warranty?) stickers in tack. Came with 8 bus bars and had one extra screw. Each and every cell is nicely matched in voltage; all measuring 3.35 volts. Picture attached above. I was kind of expecting larger batteries, but a double check on of spec sheet dimensions reveals an exact match. One area that could be improved: I notice the shortish screws for the bus bars bottom out before the kind of smallish bus bars are fully tightened down. I think I will be ok with by adding a washer or two. IMO: That part of battery deal is one that could be improved by manufacturer.

I ordered a couple of options for testing battery capacity on Alibabaexpress right before ordering my batteries on Alibaba (and was confused for short while the two have different log on entries; Alibaba vs Alibabexpress), and those express orders also recently arrived just a few days ago. I will post my capacity results later when I see em. HEY WILL: Thanks for turning me on to how much better LiFePO4s are as compared to Lead Acid, plus also for those informative Youtube lessons I can review when I want a refresher course. :+) I am on a Learning More All The Time ...Roll ... I figure I be learning allot more now from hands on ...

Last edited:
....snip......

One area that could be improved: I notice the shortish screws for the bus bars bottom out before the kind of smallish bus bars are fully tightened down. I think I will be ok with by adding a washer or two. IMO: That part of battery deal is one that could be improved by manufacturer.
...snip....
I've posted this many times. #14 Brass washers from Home Depot. They come 4 to a bag and are prefect for this. I would rather have to add a washer or two, and get max thread engagement.

I've posted this many times. #14 Brass washers from Home Depot. They come 4 to a bag and are prefect for this. I would rather have to add a washer or two, and get max thread engagement.
Alternatively... you could get stainless or brass studs and nuts... and not worry about damaging a battery...

Alternatively... you could get stainless or brass studs and nuts... and not worry about damaging a battery...
I've posted that option, too, with a eBay link for stainless studs. Since he is in Nor Cal, he probably has a Home Depot somewhere near and the ones around me have the washers in stock. I would get the same washers if using the studs. I haven't switched to the studs I ordered. The screws keeps everything lower on the top of the battery. I ended up getting 25mm long studs and will cut them shorter if I switch to them.

Back