diy solar

diy solar

1.5 hp 240v AC deep well pump start up surge of 40amps

Maybe read before you post?

Plus, if you had any experience with pumps, you'd know a good guesstimate is 5X run.

5 * 9.7 = 48.5A
vs
47.8A spec

guesstimate vs. actual: 0.7A or 1.4% error
I asked you for his surge watts for the inverter specs.

You do know how to calculate that right, Chip?

Now tell us how much surge his pump needs since you are the expert in all things here?
He just did in post #38.

I used a TP6048 to start my 1hp deep well pump, clamped at ~37a per leg. I'm currently using an SRNE ASF48100U200-H to start the same pump with no issues.
2, 230Ah packs with 200a bms's.

He just did in post #38.

I used a TP6048 to start my 1hp deep well pump, clamped at ~37a per leg. I'm currently using an SRNE ASF48100U200-H to start the same pump with no issues.
2, 230Ah packs with 200a bms's.
What is the surge in watts for the inverter specs?
When one has dug themselves too deep into a hole, the wisest course of action is to stop digging.
Looks like you don't know how to calculate that. Maybe someone will help you.

Just not me.

Have a great night!

For the inverter you linked?

For this application, effectively 0W. A lightweight high frequency inverter has no meaningful surge beyond a few AC cycles. A well pump would bring that thing to its knees.

Looks like you don't know how to calculate that. Maybe someone will help you.

This isn't my thread. This is the OP's thread. We're here to help him. You're just trying to feign expertise by implying you know something someone else doesn't.

Perhaps you should just admit ignorance (to yourself, not us) and fade into the background.

Just not me.

Typical.

Have a great night!

Ending snarky posts like this speaks to an insincere character.

Again, when you are posting marketing info from a foundation of ignorance, maybe you shouldn't.

The TP6048 claims 18kw for a few seconds, I don't believe it.
The SRNE claims 20kw or 6hp with no time given.
If those are the inverters you are talking about.

Rereading the thread I see the OP is looking for 12v or 24v inverters. I strongly advise 24v and agree with @sunshine_eggo 's recommendation in the first few posts.

For the inverter you linked?

For this application, effectively 0W. A lightweight high frequency inverter has no meaningful surge beyond a few AC cycles. A well pump would bring that thing to its knees.

This isn't my thread. This is the OP's thread. We're here to help him. You're just trying to feign expertise by implying you know something someone else doesn't.

Perhaps you should just admit ignorance (to yourself, not us) and fade into the background.

Typical.

Ending snarky posts like this speaks to an insincere character.

Again, when you are posting marketing info from a foundation of ignorance, maybe you shouldn't.
Not playing your games, chip.

Come back when you figure out the surge watts for his pump so we can size the inverter needed.

That is what he asked in his OP.

Not playing your games, chip.

Come back when you figure out the surge watts for his pump so we can size the inverter needed.

That is what he asked in his OP.

See post #38.

If I'm wrong, YOU owe it to the OP to provide that info if you claim you have it. Otherwise, you have no business here except perhaps to connect others with your youtube channel and products for sale.

The LVX6048 and the EG4 version would work well for this. If you need a lower battery voltage then look at sigineer.

The TP6048 claims 18kw for a few seconds, I don't believe it.
The SRNE claims 20kw or 6hp with no time given.
If those are the inverters you are talking about.

Rereading the thread I see the OP is looking for 12v or 24v inverters. I strongly advise 24v and agree with @sunshine_eggo 's recommendation in the first few posts.
Is that based off the same inverter as the LVX6048? if so then I believe it. I tested it up to at least 16kW surge without issue.

Do you have personal experience with this unit with running a deep well pump, or are you just copy/pasting marketing data? Don't worry. I know the answer.

And if it's this one:

That is a horrible recommendation and absolutely, positively will not work. If you have any competence, you MUST realize that a 17.21# 5kW inverter clearly has no meaningful surge.

There are times your posts show much promise and clear value, but then you pull something like this.

Consider that if you're going to copy and paste marketing info, maybe you're not providing value and should standby and let others with more expertise in this specific area help.
That's a photo I took of the box for the pump that was put in my well in 2008.

If I go with the Sigineer 6kW Inverter, I have questions about wiring the output. I seems that it can only be wired for 120 or 240 and not both at the same time? For the pump (no neutral required) Just the 2 hots. and If I wanted to get 120v then one hot and a neutral. When only feeding it with DC, where does the neutral come from? (center coil in the inverter?)
Sigineer 6kW Inverter: Power output: 6,000W continuous, 18,000W peak

Attachments

• Inverter wiring 2.jpg
    Inverter wiring 2.jpg
    221.4 KB · Views: 2
If I go with the Sigineer 6kW Inverter, I have questions about wiring the output. I seems that it can only be wired for 120 or 240 and not both at the same time? For the pump (no neutral required) Just the 2 hots. and If I wanted to get 120v then one hot and a neutral. When only feeding it with DC, where does the neutral come from? (center coil in the inverter?)
Sigineer 6kW Inverter: Power output: 6,000W continuous, 18,000W peak
I think it's just saying that if you don't need 120V you don't need to connect a neutral

It's split phase. Just like a typical U.S. residence. It provides both 120V (two legs) and 240V.

120V between HOT1 and N
120V between HOT2 and N
240V between HOT1 and HOT2

If powering with AC, it must be fed with 240VAC.

When feeding with 24DC, there are separate DC terminals - a positive and a negative.

It's split phase. Just like a typical U.S. residence. It provides both 120V (two legs) and 240V.

120V between HOT1 and N
120V between HOT2 and N
240V between HOT1 and HOT2

If powering with AC, it must be fed with 240VAC.

When feeding with 24DC, there are separate DC terminals - a positive and a negative.
Think I could split one of the 120V hots and have a 120V plug (with the neutral also), so I could unplug the pump and then plug into the 120V with out rewiring each time I need to use 120? So have a 240 and a 120 plug available, but just using one at a time?

Think I could split one of the 120V hots and have a 120V plug (with the neutral also), so I could unplug the pump and then plug into the 120V with out rewiring each time I need to use 120? So have a 240 and a 120 plug available, but just using one at a time?
Just wire it into a small loadcenter and have whatever outlets you need wired to that

Also any experience with used Santan Solar panels?

Lots of reports here of happy Santan customers. Just search for their name in title.
Some of whom bought the cracked backsheet "Santan" branded (Trina) panels.
Others preferred to pay a fair price for hay that hadn't already been through the horse.

Just wire it into a small loadcenter and have whatever outlets you need wired to that

Or wire the pump direct to the inverter... maybe with a suitable breaker in there, and wire a power strip to HOT1/N and another to HOT2/N.

:)

Back