diy solar

diy solar

4 MWh SRNE ASF48100U200-H 10kw.

Again, if it weren't for that silly Victron MPPT and stupid clouds I'd be over 4mWh.

I've made up my mind (I think) , I'll be ordering 2 of the ASP and running them in parallel.
I'll sell the SGP and likely keep the ASF for additional redundancy.

View attachment 208762
isn't ASP the EU version with 230V output which will need Autotransformer to get split phase for US application

isn't ASP the EU version with 230V output which will need Autotransformer to get split phase for US application
No and yes... There is and ASF an ASP Euro and US version. The P is the parallel model.
ASF/ASP 48100U200-H is the US split phase.
ASF/ASP 48100S200-H is the EU single phase.

Should I feel regret for not waiting for a parallel version? 😢
No; I don't. Think about how much you have learned already and the fun you have had.
I just think SGPs markup is to much for the "support" they give.
I was just chatting on the baba again... SGP is paying less than $875 per unit...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240413-111051.jpg
    Screenshot_20240413-111051.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 17
I kind of do. But I need more MPPT for my new array I’m adding and I may just drop another 10k for MPPT and add my garage mini split and washing machine/dryer on that solo unit. Also have it as a backup potentially, have it on its own sub. It’s rare I go over 80% on this one unit. I don’t think parallel is going to be critical for me.

I came across them on CL about a month ago, seller wanted something ridiculous so I offered a ridiculous low ball he replied weeks later that he would take it. They are supposedly new old stock 230Ah CALB cells that have been sitting in a storage building for 2 years.
I'm just trying to get photos of the cells before I drive to NY, all I've seen are sealed boxes on a pallet.
Love this! Almost zero Lifepo4 deals locally here, but the upside is TONS of cheap solar gear. Waiting out some local CL / FB deals on lifepo4 before I make the big move and set everything up. So far I'm happily running the small 24v shed system, and getting the property ready (paint, fence, etc.) Prior to going big!

Love this! Almost zero Lifepo4 deals locally here, but the upside is TONS of cheap solar gear. Waiting out some local CL / FB deals on lifepo4 before I make the big move and set everything up. So far I'm happily running the small 24v shed system, and getting the property ready (paint, fence, etc.) Prior to going big!
I'm not giving up yet... Was supposed to go last weekend, didn't work out. Was told tomorrow morning works but no reply with a time yet.
Definitely boxes labeled CALB but didn't get photos of what's inside them.
I'll be extremely irritated if I drive 3 hours and spend ~$30 in tolls for it to be a bust, irritated enough I'll make a frustration purchase on cells online from US stock.

Attachments

• image 4.jpeg
    image 4.jpeg
    177 KB · Views: 13
Well I can say the house is completely off the grid. Wired the oven back in to panel while the dryer was going through a cycle.
I'm kind of disappointed and irritated. I thought it would use a lot more power, could have been using it all along.
Screenshot_20240413-165343.jpg

I kind of do. But I need more MPPT for my new array I’m adding and I may just drop another 10k for MPPT and add my garage mini split and washing machine/dryer on that solo unit. Also have it as a backup potentially, have it on its own sub. It’s rare I go over 80% on this one unit. I don’t think parallel is going to be critical for me.
Buy mine so I can buy 2 of the parallel ones 🤣

I'm not giving up yet... Was supposed to go last weekend, didn't work out. Was told tomorrow morning works but no reply with a time yet.
Definitely boxes labeled CALB but didn't get photos of what's inside them.
I'll be extremely irritated if I drive 3 hours and spend ~$30 in tolls for it to be a bust, irritated enough I'll make a frustration purchase on cells online from US stock.
Wellllllllll

Back