diy solar

diy solar

4 MWh SRNE ASF48100U200-H 10kw.

Once I get this array done I should be able to run the dryer completely off solar.
Pretty crazy how much power they consume, I couldn't even imagine trying to run a house off solar in the dead of winter with old school electric heat.

Ps the SRNE handled the table saw with zero issues.

Pss I don't really see any difference with separate S and W strings vs having them in parallel on the SGP.
mine had a 5.7kw draw. I plan to put a clothesline outside. the simplest solar and wind possible

mine had a 5.7kw draw. I plan to put a clothesline outside. the simplest solar and wind possible
That's probably around what mine runs at, I had the minisplit cranked too.
I actually had a clothesline in the same area the ground mount is located, haven't picked a new spot for it yet.
I picked up an indoor drying rack this past winter, makes an excellent humidifier.

Updates -
Not much to report, everything continues to work fine.
Between weather, work, and helping family I haven't got as far as I wanted.
I did get 6 panels up today and plan to finish the other 6 tomorrow and hopefully have wiring done by Friday. I would have gotten more done today but dumbass me didn't account for the end panel bolts being shorter than the mid, after 40 minutes of rummaging around my bolt bins for 1/4-20ss (I swear they were harder to find than the 10mm socket ?) I resorted to the trusty die and cutting threads longer...

I've had 0 shutdowns, 0 faults, 0 issues, 0 regrets.

A photo of where I ended tonight and some SA data. Don't judge my temporary panel clamps... I really need to paint that door trim too.

Oh I can't remember if I mentioned it before but the SRNE alibaba sales agent did say these can't be ran in parallel, could be a big deal for some, if I choose to add another I can easily split them to separate loads panels.

Attachments

• IMG_20230912_191833.jpg
    IMG_20230912_191833.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 38
  • IMG_20230912_194722.jpg
    IMG_20230912_194722.jpg
    502.2 KB · Views: 37
Updates -
I did get 6 panels up today and plan to finish the other 6 tomorrow and hopefully have wiring done by Friday. I would have gotten more done today but dumbass me didn't account for the end panel bolts being shorter than the mid, after 40 minutes of rummaging around my bolt bins for 1/4-20ss (I swear they were harder to find than the 10mm socket ?) I resorted to the trusty die and cutting threads longer...

A photo of where I ended tonight and some SA data. Don't judge my temporary panel clamps... I really need to paint that door trim too.

Oh I can't remember if I mentioned it before but the SRNE alibaba sales agent did say these can't be ran in parallel, could be a big deal for some, if I choose to add another I can easily split them to separate loads panels.
This is great news - especially for those who don't need a lot of power

This is great news - especially for those who don't need a lot of power
Yea. On one hand I think 10kw should be ample for the average home if you managed loads on the other I can see how you easily max that out running an electric dryer and cooking or charging an EV.
I'm curious how this SRNE handles my 12k mini split in heating mode with the dryer running, I have a strange feeling another one is in my future before 2024...

Yea. On one hand I think 10kw should be ample for the average home if you managed loads on the other I can see how you easily max that out running an electric dryer and cooking or charging an EV.
I'm curious how this SRNE handles my 12k mini split in heating mode with the dryer running, I have a strange feeling another one is in my future before 2024...
Dryer? How about a clothesline?

Updates -

Looks really good. Getting a lot done.

10mm: hahaha set 1, 2, and 3, on top of that I've got the socket bin with tons of extras. No one has a 10mm, but someone somewhere always has the bolt.
I paired down my nuts and bolts recently.

I am surprised you didn't paint the panel rack. Are you worried about warping or dryrot at all? 10 years?

Looks really good. Getting a lot done.
Thanks.
10mm: hahaha set 1, 2, and 3, on top of that I've got the socket bin with tons of extras. No one has a 10mm, but someone somewhere always has the bolt.
I paired down my nuts and bolts recently.
Freaking 10mm's...
I am surprised you didn't paint the panel rack. Are you worried about warping or dryrot at all? 10 years?
Slightly but not really, it's mostly sheltered. I went back and forth over throwing a coat of sealer / stain on it. I could always do that in the spring (99% of it anyway). With the quality of lumber today I'd be glad to get a decade out of it regardless how I coat it, I have 2 decks that are 9 years old that have been stained at least 6 times... You would think the lumber is half a century old.
I'm most worried about damned carpenter bees getting to it.

Thanks.

Freaking 10mm's...

Slightly but not really, it's mostly sheltered. I went back and forth over throwing a coat of sealer / stain on it. I could always do that in the spring (99% of it anyway). With the quality of lumber today I'd be glad to get a decade out of it regardless how I coat it, I have 2 decks that are 9 years old that have been stained at least 6 times... You would think the lumber is half a century old.
I'm most worried about damned carpenter bees getting to it.
We get carpenter bees here but they don't seem to nest too bad, dig a few holes and leave. Haven't found any nests.

There is always Thompsons water seal and similar products. I bet it would hold up pretty well under the panels, and super easy to apply on dry wood using a pump sprayer. I used on some bare pallet wood siding and has held up well for a few years. It's so thin though, I know people use it on decks but I wouldn't bet it lasting more than a year in that application.

The panel heat and staying mostly dry should keep that wood lasting long anough regardless, hopefully getting at least a decade out of it without too much fuss.

Would like to confirm that this is the same as the PowMr 10K? Or would I be better off getting this unit? Thanks.

Would like to confirm that this is the same as the PowMr 10K? Or would I be better off getting this unit? Thanks.
Pretty certain they are the same. I think there are 2 versions of the powmr, or different display locations at least.
I'd reference the model number for both, that's normally carried over for the re- badges.

Back