diy solar

diy solar

A simple pleasure I think allot of us never knew we were missing out on

Crowz

Solar Wizard
Ive been doing whole house stuff between two houses for weeks and working on my crypto farm a bunch which is all high voltage complicated stuff with having to think thru it all to keep from messing something up or getting fried a mistake. This is not exactly "fun" at all times.

Today I just got done installing another of those simple duo pwm battery chargers and a single 100 watt panel to charge two vehicles of mine.

I had a BLAST doing it. It was sooooo refreshing to just work on something that didn't cost thousands of dollars or would kill me if I touched the wrong thing.

This setup was the very first thing I had done many years ago. Its how it all started so it was so nice to experience that again. Figured I'd share :)

Simpler make do projects always bring more joy.

It reminds me of being 16 and first modifying cars. Always having to source and hunt for the right used part on forums and trying to make it work with the tools I had at the time. Driving around when it's done with no hood because the hood wasn't ready to go back on lol!

Simple times. Great joy!

Yesterday, I wired up my JK BMS sense leads for my new 8s 280k battery.

It was just crimping some ring terminals and verifying pin voltages, then turning on the BMS.

No surprises (other than I installed my jk display upside down, lol) but very satisfactory when everything looked good.

Ive been doing whole house stuff between two houses for weeks and working on my crypto farm a bunch which is all high voltage complicated stuff with having to think thru it all to keep from messing something up or getting fried a mistake. This is not exactly "fun" at all times.

I guess I'm the odd one here. I love doing complex stuff like that - the higher the difficulty, the better. The simple things are so boring most of the time.

I break large projects into smaller projects. Not so overwhelming.
some large projects are too hard to break up.
rock-loading-jpg.99074

I break large projects into smaller projects. Not so overwhelming.

I spent 18 months remodeling my house.

If I had looked at the whole thing at once, I probably never would have started.

Break it down into non-overwhelming smaller pieces.

This is probably the most valuable thing I learned from my mentor while doing a Master's thesis.

diy solar

diy solar
Back