diy solar

diy solar

Alibaba LiFePo4 batteries

Assuming 8 cells, 280Ah each and assuming you're at 50% charge (you might be below that based on your voltage reading) at a 10A charge rate... 112 hours, or almost 5 days.
Oh my god wow, ok should I disconnect it and charge them up and than go back to top balance or should I just leave it alone and let do its job?

If you only have 2A (I thought you had 10?) you're looking at 23 days as @smoothJoey mentioned. You can put them in series and charge them that way with a charger, but don't do that without a BMS and set your cell cut-off over-voltage appropriately.

If you only have 2A (I thought you had 10?) you're looking at 23 days as @smoothJoey mentioned. You can put them in series and charge them that way with a charger, but don't do that without a BMS and set your cell cut-off over-voltage appropriately.

Its a 10amp, ok would bigger wires help like gauge 4 or 2?

Note:
I don't know if you have followed the posts about damaging the threads in the cells..... but be very careful about putting screws or posts in and out as you switch back-and-forth between serial and parallel. Ideally, the first thing you do with new cells is put studs in with red locktite and never take them out again.

should I disconnect it and charge them up and than go back to top balance or should I just leave it alone and let do its job?
That is a personal choice. Either way works. Just be careful of the threads on your terminals if you are changing things around.

That is a personal choice. Either way works. Just be careful of the threads on your terminals if you are changing things around.
I'm not touching them right now just the lead wires going to the cells.

Attachments

• 16140335480914651107114551439994.jpg
    16140335480914651107114551439994.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 7
It took about 20 Hours for my battery, charging at around 15A.

That is not as much change as I expected...... but that just confirms the SOC of the cells is still pretty low.

BTW: 50% SOC is pretty typical for how cells are shipped.
Well I cant wait till it's done, they should give me alot of storage.

3.65 is fine but not necessary. Just keep an eye on it and make sure the voltage at the battery terminals does not exceed that. Don't rely on the meter that's on the power supply...
Ok another question, my charger is reading 3.61 but my batteries are reading all different numbers like 3.52, 3.35. Could that mean I could have a bad cell?

Back