diy solar

diy solar

Any honest state side Eve cells Grade A EV resellers?

I think 18650batterystore has the highest chance of being actual A grade from what I've seen. I have a batch of cells arriving from there on Friday.
Just got off the phone with them and did NOT get a warm and fuzzy feeling. Basically wouldnt let me talk. Blew off all my questions. Made fun of the forums and said not to trust them. Talked for 15mins without letting me get a word in. Sounded like a used car saleman. When I asked about there NO WARRANTY- AS-IS sales policy he said he would cover me if there was a problem. I asked for that in writing and didnt get an answer just more smoke and mirrors. WOW!

ON EDIT..............

I actually did end up gettings EVE 280ah cells from them after another member here tested them as great. My cell ship and arrived undamaged and the cells are AOK. NO issues whatsoever.

Guess I was wrong about 18650, and being a man about it will admit I was wrong.

Last edited:
Is Docan not doing US stock right now? I've ordered 66 cells from them in 2 orders both the US and China stock and they were in excellent condition and communications with Amy Zheng was perfect.. But that was last January. YMMV

It's easiest to reach out to her on Facebook for what's on stock where.

https://m.facebook.com/groups/1156652185086422/?multi_permalinks=1240344583383848,1238708183547488,1238040470280926,1237739843644322&notif_t=group_activity&notif_id=1661309977397146&ref=m_notif&paipv=0&eav=AfZdCyTij5lRWUQGzOXG7v6vD-feuRhers_273yyVrjYnpeCZgao2_G8c3BtypruYfU

Can I get someone to look at these batteries and let me know if they are a green light to buy and also from this vendor?
I am off grid and need batteries ASAP as mine have died and I am running from gen.

Can I get someone to look at these batteries and let me know if they are a green light to buy and also from this vendor?
I am off grid and need batteries ASAP as mine have died and I am running from gen.

$230 per cell seems to like about lot.

Is Docan not doing US stock right now? I've ordered 66 cells from them in 2 orders both the US and China stock and they were in excellent condition and communications with Amy Zheng was perfect.. But that was last January. YMMV

It's easiest to reach out to her on Facebook for what's on stock where.

https://m.facebook.com/groups/1156652185086422/?multi_permalinks=1240344583383848,1238708183547488,1238040470280926,1237739843644322&notif_t=group_activity&notif_id=1661309977397146&ref=m_notif&paipv=0&eav=AfZdCyTij5lRWUQGzOXG7v6vD-feuRhers_273yyVrjYnpeCZgao2_G8c3BtypruYfU
USA warehouse is Out Of Stock all batteries. Just looked.

Thank you for you call. If you are not familiar with us, we've been in the lithium business for 10 years and have over 350,000 customers.

YES we do offer a 1 year warranty on all EVE Energy prismatic cells. If you are a manufacturer with design plans you can submit those to us and we would be willing to offer greater than a 1 year warranty. For DIY, there are too many variables but we do offer a 1 year warranty for peace of mind as well as a 30 day moneyback guarantee.

Regarding the green/yellow EVE spreadsheet, the answer to your question is also in our LF280K page listing and I will post here for you.

"The outbound quality control report is done by all manufacturers and tests electrical performance metrics to ensure they meet all standards.

The cells are tested many times throughout the manufacturing process but EVE will only provide us with the final test report which is done just prior to them leaving the EVE facility.

Because the EVE LF280K we offer include the EVE Dual screw terminal block, which is manufactured and installed by EVE, our cells get sent to the EVE pack building production line for this process.

The outbound quality control test report we provide is completed by the pack building production line and may appear slightly different from the report done by the cell production line. (ie. Our EVE LF105 cells).

Other vendors will choose to have the terminal welds done themselves or by a third party. In this case, EVE will only provide the green/yellow quality control report from the cell production line.
"

In summary, our LF280K cells are tested after terminal blocks are installed by EVE at a different production facility then the raw cell production line. This is the reason our LF280K spreadsheet has a different appearance from the LF105 spreadsheet.

If you are in the Atlanta area, feel free to come by and check us out. I'll attach some photos of our stock here. We receive EVE LF280K in wooden crates, 40pcs per crate. We repackage them into 4pc foam packaging for smaller quantity US orders.
These guys are ok, I retract my earlier feelings about them.

Last edited:
Huh? None of this responds to my post in #21. This is just fluff or filler trying to distract. Maybe next time have a dialogue with the customer instead of a monologue/diatribe. Like I said in post 21 NO warm and fuzzy.
I prefer cells that aren't warm and fuzzy

I thought this was a simple and easy question. I can see now I was wrong.

Can someone else please chime in??????

Looking for USA dealer, solid reputation, GRADE A batteries IN STOCK , tested by many and used by many. No problems seller who HAS A WARRANTY!. Fixes issues that pop up quickly.

Does that exist?

Huh? None of this responds to my post in #21. This is just fluff or filler trying to distract. Maybe next time have a dialogue with the customer instead of a monologue/diatribe. Like I said in post 21 NO warm and fuzzy. After living 6 decades my BS meter is finely tuned. And you may be a good seller of good product. But after listening to the monologue for 5 minutes straight, during which I set the phone down and went to get a cup of coffee, I formed an opinion.
Looks like your answer. I can guarantee that is a better warranty than you'll get from anyone on Aliblabla. How about pricing the shipping charge on a bad 280aH cell to China?

"For DIY, there are too many variables but we do offer a 1 year warranty for peace of mind as well as a 30 day moneyback guarantee."

I'd guess that James and Chris are busier than a one-legged man in an arse-kicking contest right now with a container of 280's to distribute.

timselectric and myself have orders inbound, so I can let you know this Sunday or Monday how warm and fuzzy I get. I was a little worried with my first order, enjoyed our conversations, emails, texting, a little anxious to get them in.

As far as not trusting anyone, well that is a given for me, until I get to know someone really well. On the forums here, he's giving you sound advice. What do you expect from many of us that are newbies at this solar addiction. It isn't like solar or LFE has been around for 100 years.

Last edited:
Seeing that you are running on a generator, I think I would go buy me a few more lead acid batteries to give myself more time to purchase and learn about these lithium iron phosphate cells. Besides it's going to take you a month to get a JK BMS to run them safely (Unless you pay like I did for 10 day UPS Worldwide Expedited. If you plan on switching from 24 to 48 V, well you're gonna be out a bunch more money.

Last edited:
Seeing that you are running on a generator, I think I would go buy me a few more lead acid batteries to give myself more time to purchase and learn about these lithium iron phosphate cells. Besides it's going to take you a month to get a JK BMS to run them safely. If you plan on switching from 24 to 48 V, well you're gonna be out a bunch more money.
I really did not want to go buy $1,000 dollars worth of LA bats to use for one or 2 weeks. No suppliers of this stuff in the USA?
Im looking at a MIDNITE DIY inverter charger to jump from 24v to 48v.

If I buy that I might just buy the sok rack mounts. I really cannot afford to get screwed by the roulette wheel of cell buying bs.

CC gave me a 10% off code.

Im thinking that in the position im in this might be the best route. What do you think? Its a crying shame there is no USA stock of grade A cells.

Also that Ray guy on youtube doesnt use JK bms. He uses a Seplos BMS .

I really did not want to go buy $1,000 dollars worth of LA bats to use for one or 2 weeks. No suppliers of this stuff in the USA?
Im looking at a MIDNITE DIY inverter charger to jump from 24v to 48v.

If I buy that I might just buy the sok rack mounts. I really cannot afford to get screwed by the roulette wheel of cell buying bs.

CC gave me a 10% off code.

Im thinking that in the position im in this might be the best route. What do you think? Its a crying shame there is no USA stock of grade A cells.

Also that Ray guy on youtube doesnt use JK bms. He uses another brand I havent heard of.
SOK would be my first choice due to serviceability and better customer service from CC than SS. Ray uses Seplos. I have 7 brands including Seplos and JK. I have 5 JK 200A 16S with 4.3" LCD's on a UPS plane as we speak. I guess you know which one I prefer.

I have midnight solar charge controller. No problems whatsoever in the last year. They have several new products coming out. A big 200 amp charge controller and a 10KW inverter.

SOK would be my first choice due to serviceability and better customer service from CC than SS. Ray uses Seplos. I have 7 brands including Seplos and JK. I have 5 JK 200A 16S with 4.3" LCD's on a UPS plane as we speak. I guess you know which one I prefer.
So if I buy sok they have a built in bms? Is it a good one or do I need to switch to jk? Any sellers of JK here in the states? If not can you get a airfreight speed delivery from china?
Want to sell me one of the JK,s?

So if I buy sok they have a built in bms? Is it a good one or do I need to switch to jk? Any sellers of JK here in the states? If not can you get a airfreight speed delivery from china?
Want to sell me one of the JK,s?
The SOK batteries have a BMS inside them. I don't know which brand or model, but I don't think there are any problems with them. Current connected will know more. No JK's in the USA. If so, they'd be selling like hotcakes, like the 105 & 280aH cells at 18650 and Docan.

Almost forgot. There are no completed batteries or DIY cells that I know of that would meet their rated capacity at a 1C discharge rate. I discharge capacity test my 280aH cells at 40A and they barely make it. That's at what, 0.14C.

Last edited:
If you are open to pre-built and/or server rack batteries, I would buy SOK from Current Connected without hesitation.

Ian from watts247.com also has them, and had a sale going. Ian has a good reputation here.

Since you are running on a generator, I might call both to see which one would arrive faster.

I have midnight solar charge controller. No problems whatsoever in the last year. They have several new products coming out. A big 200 amp charge controller and a 10KW inverter.
Hey can you give me the link to where you got the JK bms? Im going to order one tonight asap just in case I find the cells in the usa.
I need model and link. I will either run 8x24v or 16x48v. Not sure which just yet.

Hey can you give me the link to where you got the JK bms? Im going to order one tonight asap just in case I find the cells in the usa.
I need model and link. I will either run 8x24v or 16x48v. Not sure which just yet.
HankzorBMS Store

View attachment 111019View attachment 111019

Last edited:

I just bought 132 of them a week ago, but they haven’t yet arrived.

If you don’t need specific BMS to Inverter communication, I would definitely go for the SOK server type batteries. If does also communicate with some inverters.

I wanted REC BMS because it is supposed to excel at communicating with my specific brand of inverters (SMA). If I didn’t need that, and I needed a battery quickly, I would definitely buy prebuilt.

I just bought 132 of them a week ago, but they haven’t yet arrived.

If you don’t need specific BMS to Inverter coms, I would definitely go for the SOK server type batteries.
I bought mine 9/1, departed Anchorage, AK earlier today. Delivery tomorrow 9/9! That is UPS Worldwide Expedited for you, plus a store that provides great customer service. Speak to Nami.

I like the B2A24S20P and the 4.3" LCD. if you can't find that model. Look for the one that has -Can-Heat, after that number. That one will work too. It just cost more. It provides optional interface for a silicone heat pad to keep your batteries warm in below freezing temperatures. Look at the specs, I use it for 16S but it also works for 8S.

Last edited:
Back