diy solar

diy solar

Any honest state side Eve cells Grade A EV resellers?

I like the B2A24S20P and the 4.3" LCD. if you can't find that model. Look for the one that has -Can-Heat, after that number. That one will work too. It just cost more. It provides optional interface for a silicone heat pad to keep your batteries warm in below freezing temperatures. Look at the specs, I use it for 16S but it also works for 8S.
I'm also running the B2A24S20P.

Comment on the midnite solar all-in-one units, sounds like they are direct copies of other units with their name slapped on them. The specs are non ideal for PV voltage VOC standpoint. I was looking at the 24v unit until I started digging into the specs and sister units from China and was less than impressed.

Many other good options for AIO high frequency inverters, GrowWatt and MPP being too two.

A side note, any idea why your LA Golf Cart Batteries “puked” acid? That might mean over charging which would double down of replacing current gear as it may have failed.

I’m all for replacing for new gear and fancy features (and dropping large sums of money) but knowing why your in this pickle to begin with is probably more important.

What do you have for a solar system to support charging the battery?

Grade A, is a marketing thing.
You don't want to pay what EV quality cells cost.
All of my cells have, and will come from

I used 18650 for mine as well and was very happy with their service (2 day delivery time) and 280Ah cells. Although, it looks like their pricing has gone up a LOT in the last several months since I purchased from them!

Can I get someone to look at these batteries and let me know if they are a green light to buy and also from this vendor?
I am off grid and need batteries ASAP as mine have died and I am running from gen.

If $230 for 4 cells, that seems too cheap. If that's $230/cell, that seems too high for that Ah... But I've never priced these cells.

If $230 for 4 cells, that seems too cheap. If that's $230/cell, that seems too high for that Ah... But I've never priced these cells.
I think it's around $800 for four cells, so $200 each. It's better than waiting 8 to 10 weeks. At least I can drive down in visit if I need to, it's only eight hours.

I used 18650 for mine as well and was very happy with their service (2 day delivery time) and 280Ah cells. Although, it looks like their pricing has gone up a LOT in the last several months since I purchased from them!
I noticed the price increase, for this order. (Arriving tomorrow) but they added free shipping. Which took some of the sting out of it. Everything is getting more expensive. I wish that I could buy everything right now.

My regular vacation trip takes me within 5 minutes of the warehouse. I might be bringing back a "ton" of souvenirs this year. lol

Agreed, I paid $122/cell for 230ah with free shipping back in April. Sure they aren’t EV grade but perfect for my needs.

Last edited:
Do you have a favorite source for this BMS? Thanks
US $45.94 29%OFF | JK BMS 1A 2A 5A Balance Current 8S 12S 13S 14S 16S 17S 20S 24S Smart JK Bms 60A 80A 100A 150A 200A 600A Lifepo4 Li-Ion Battery

Back