diy solar

diy solar

CATL 271Ah cell issues.

Michael, I wanted to make sure you were aware that (to my knowledge) none of the cells from this supplier had any QR code’s or labels of any type. That seems odd.

If the boxes are beat up or it looks like there are problems like this, refuse delivery. If the boxes appear to be ok, I would still open at least a couple of them to make sure the cells are in good shape.
Off hand I am not sure if your cells are coming from this supplier or not, as I have ordered CATL 271ah cells from a couple of suppliers. All of these problem ones that I have looked up are from the same supplier though, and I know the other one I ordered 271ah cells from packages all cells very well.
My delivery specified Signature Required however, UPS just left the box on the front porch with a knock on the door and they were gone. Mine were packaged the same way that acacia987 was but my box was beat to hell and back. I PM'd you pics and can take a better pic of the box if needed, just let me know.

My delivery specified Signature Required however, UPS just left the box on the front porch with a knock on the door and they were gone. Mine were packaged the same way that acacia987 was but my box was beat to hell and back. I PM'd you pics and can take a better pic of the box if needed, just let me know.
Yes, I would like a better picture of the box if that is not too much trouble.

Like I said before, I think that both the supplier AND UPS are responsible to varying degrees. The primary problem being packaging and the secondary, but still significant, problem being the way the packages are handled. It happens from time to time with FedEx as well, but UPS seems to be the worse of the two most of the time.

I never run from anything....anyone that has ever tried that knows it always catches up to you.
I did not mean anything disparaging. I hope you did not take it that way. I do not know you and have tried in all my responses, public and private to be courteous. From what I have seen and read you had dealt honestly and fairly with these transactions.

It would be interesting to know if UPS is accepting responsibility for that box being undeliverable.
What am I supposed to do with that. They did not deliver it. And said something about reporting the damage to the "shipper" who ever that is.

shipping.jpg

I did not mean anything disparaging. I hope you did not take it that way. I do not know you and have tried in all my responses, public and private to be courteous. From what I have seen and read you had dealt honestly and fairly with these transactions.
No, I did not take it that way at all. You clearly stated you did not think I was doing that.
I was just acknowledging that I was not doing that, and went on to observe that doing that never ends up well for anyone that tries it. Or at least that was my intention with that post.

UPS does have specific requirements for their packaging that were obviously not followed.. i.e. for anything that might leak:
  • Corrugated box of minimum 275 lb Burst Strength

And the fact that those heavy cells with pointed studs could jostle around means it would be easy for them to break through the box. So I would not expect UPS to be responsible for something that was so poorly packaged

What am I supposed to do with that. They did not deliver it. And said something about reporting the damage to the "shipper" who ever that is.

View attachment 60693
Good question about who they are calling the shipper. They could be referring to the supplier, or they could be referring to the "shipper" in China that put the box in the container. I will try to find out more about that box when I am "dealing with" (dealing with being the polite way of describing how that conversation is going to to) the supplier tonight.

UPS does have specific requirements for their packaging that were obviously not followed.. i.e. for anything that might leak:
  • Corrugated box of minimum 275 lb Burst Strength

And the fact that those heavy cells with pointed studs could jostle around means it would be easy for them to break through the box. So I would not expect UPS to be responsible for something that was so poorly packaged
Perhaps not, but some of the boxes show signs of being improperly handled no matter what the packaging was and, as I have said before, UPS has managed to damage a lot of cells that were in fact very well packaged.

If these packages were not properly labeled how did they get through customs?
There have been tons of packages shipped with cells in them from most every manufacturer and size, and many different suppliers, that were not properly labeled...mine were not. It isn't just the cells being discussed here. I am surprised customs hasn't caught it.

How about the new 302s? Were they impacted by this supplier? Thanks in advance

Last edited:
There have been tons of packages shipped with cells in them from most every manufacturer and size, and many different suppliers, that were not properly labeled...mine were not. It isn't just the cells being discussed here. I am surprised customs hasn't caught it.
Too busy with COVID at the border probably.

Back