diy solar

diy solar

CATL 271Ah cell issues.

Ugh. I'm in Canada so my shipment will arrive later than most here. I am curious to know if they will make it past customs if the boxes are in similar condition. If they do, I will definitely not be accepting them.
Ontario here, waiting and worried about what will show up!

Actually, as I re read the notice from UPS for the 1 box out of 4 I did not receive, they say they notified the Sender. Whoever that is?

shipping.jpg

My EVE 230Ah cells were shipped via FedEx from a place in Hawthorne, CA. I think once they clear customs, the shipping company has a warehouse they go to, and then from there they are shipped out via domestic carriers.

First of all, no one is or should be happy with this crap.

They claim to be working on a "solution".
I will give them another day or two to tell me me what that is and if it is
not replacement of all cells, or perhaps preferably refunds, I will file with Alibaba and include as many pictures as I can get my hands on while asking Alibaba for refunds.
At that point I would also let it be known who the supplier is and actively encourage anyone I can reach to blackball them.
It's raining. I'm bored so I was re reading this. It's been 4-5 days since this post. Are we Going to get the name of the supplier? Has there been a claim filed with Alibaba?

I'm not sure the people hate us, just their government and system... Which also oppress it's own people
I think their people are taught to think of us in a certain way; rich, stupid, and to be taken advantage of, just like we are told that everyone hates everyone else by our own government.

I'm not saying at all that everyone in China believes that, but I bet there are suppliers out there who would see a large, American, order and think "Jackpot, let's dump these garbage cells on them" knowing full well than US laws have almost 0 power in their country.

Not saying that's what happened, but it's definitely in the realm of possibility.

Welp. All I can do is hope that my CATL 270's are from the good supplier, and are packed well. Not much else to do but wait on the shipment.

Welp. All I can do is hope that my CATL 270's are from the good supplier, and are packed well. Not much else to do but wait on the shipment.
Do you have a shipping label?? Who is your forwarder?

To those that had damaged cells, what was your forwarder??

My forwarder is the BBB F rated King Speed.

We do not know. We do not know who the Supplier-seller or the Shipper is. The whole transaction was handled thru Michael in the Buy group here on the forum. He has been in touch with them and is seeking a resolution.

Whatever markings were on my box as it drifted across the Pacific were gone. My box did have a little DHL sticker, but everything else said FedEx. The little DHL sticker didn't have any address, just a number. So yeah, I don't think I have a clue who the forwarder was.

Are these cells being shipping in bulk in a container and then being packaged for final delivery once they reach the port? I can't imagine that is the situation, but stranger things have happened.

When I bought my cells from Amy (formerly of Xuba, where mine were purchased), I think I have pictures of them in the boxes as they left Xuba's facility and before they hit the boat.

Are these cells being shipping in bulk in a container and then being packaged for final delivery once they reach the port? I can't imagine that is the situation, but stranger things have happened.
Wow Jim! I hadn't thought of that. You may be onto something there. Michael said something about the cells being packed by the shipper, not by the seller. If all these CATL cells were shipped as one big bulk shipment, and then once they got thru customs the shipper (at his US office / warehouse) packed them up into individual shipments, it would be that US-based guy that screwed everything up. It also would make sense: He probably doesn't have a clue how to package these cells, nor does he have the proper packing materials.

Interesting idea. I think you may be right!

Wow Jim! I hadn't thought of that. You may be onto something there. Michael said something about the cells being packed by the shipper, not by the seller. If all these CATL cells were shipped as one big bulk shipment, and then once they got thru customs the shipper (at his US office / warehouse) packed them up into individual shipments, it would be that US-based guy that screwed everything up. It also would make sense: He probably doesn't have a clue how to package these cells, nor does he have the proper packing materials.

Interesting idea. I think you may be right!
That might help if this f up happened in the US.

Pretty sure my boxes came from China based on the labels on the box. Not repackaged this side. Just no indication of it.

0816211433_HDR~2.jpg

We do not know. We do not know who the Supplier-seller or the Shipper is. The whole transaction was handled thru Michael in the Buy group here on the forum. He has been in touch with them and is seeking a resolution.
Screenshot_20210825-184601_Gmail.jpg
Screenshot_20210825-184601_Gmail.jpg

Chino is the next town over. Maybe I can sneak out of work early one day and check them out.

This is their Google maps review. Great characters we're working with

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210825-185201_Maps.jpg
    Screenshot_20210825-185201_Maps.jpg
    166.1 KB · Views: 46
Back