diy solar

diy solar

CATL 271Ah cell issues.

Sounds like the only activity that KingSpeed is involved in is the breakdown of the container and proxy to UPS. Doesn't appear that they are repackaging these, although their website leads one to believe that repackaging IS a service that they offer.

I have been wondering about this whole packaging thing. I find it a little hard to believe that these were packaged in China like this. You would think the boxes would have to have had to been stacked more than 2 high in a shipping container, and would have been in even worse shape with the lack of packing material people have had if they were stacked any higher. Seems like it would have made more sense for China to ship lets say 1000 batteries in bulk, and then have someone here box them up according to the orders, and send them off to people. As for the China marked boxes, those could have been sent along (flat) or maybe they already have them here. Anyway, it was just a thought.

I have been wondering about this whole packaging thing. I find it a little hard to believe that these were packaged in China like this. You would think the boxes would have to have had to been stacked more than 2 high in a shipping container, and would have been in even worse shape with the lack of packing material people have had if they were stacked any higher. Seems like it would have made more sense for China to ship lets say 1000 batteries in bulk, and then have someone here box them up according to the orders, and send them off to people. As for the China marked boxes, those could have been sent along (flat) or maybe they already have them here. Anyway, it was just a thought.
All I can say is these were not typical US style "sold and shipped by Amazon" type boxes. I've bought many things from China. The cardboard boxes are just different. And these were definitely Chinese style boxes .

I would tend to agree with you, but I live 4 hours from Chino, CA (KingSpeed) and, assuming they are being sent back due to shipper request because of wide spread damage to every order that was sent out, it would be difficult for them to have been damaged on the short couple of hops they would have had to make to get to me.

I think that what probably happened is that they were boxed and palleted in China, containerized, then pallets were broken down by KingSpeed and proxied to UPS.

There is another question I am hesitant to even ask .... Is there any pattern to who has gotten a refund and who has not?

Yes, the people paid "goods and services" got refunds. And, it seems people who paid "friends and family" have not.

I would tend to agree with you, but I live 4 hours from Chino, CA (KingSpeed) and, assuming they are being sent back due to shipper request because of wide spread damage to every order that was sent out, it would be difficult for them to have been damaged on the short couple of hops they would have had to make to get to me.

I think that what probably happened is that they were boxed and palleted in China, containerized, then pallets were broken down by KingSpeed and proxied to UPS.
I'm 30 minutes from king speed and even closer to ups distribution.

UPS would fail to exist as a company if they did this to this high of a percentage of packages. We're talking a 100% damage rate of only these packages. And, UPS, FedEx, king speed, any of the others, and different ships. The only thing in common is the supplier.

When I ordered cells from Michael he told me I could pay by check, credit card, cash, PayPal friends and family or PayPal goods and services. He never suggested what my method of payment should be, he totally left it up to me.

I don't know why you have jumped to so many conclusions without knowing the facts of this group buy.
I didn't realize that he had offered a choice, but friends and family shouldn't have been one of them. There's even a warning sign on the screen before you hit pay not to do that.

The only conclusion that I've jumped to is that it's a bad idea to use friends and family for purchases. I didn't say that Michael forced anybody to do it, only that it was a not a good choice.

And no, I haven't had a conversation with Michael, he's MIA for now, so except for the one or two tidbits of information he's left us, EVERYTHING is speculation at this point.

Even my in other post in this thread, I didn't assume anything. I said that Michael has been very trustworthy, but pointed out that when something like this happens it really tests the integrity of a person, and so far it's not APPEARING good.

For everybody's sake I hope I'm wrong and that he's doing work in the background to get this fixed.

Well, 3 out of my 4 boxes arrived and they are messed up like everyone elses. Scratched QRs, dinged, stripped terminals. Whats next?
IMG_0930 copy.jpg
IMG_0931 copy.jpg

IMG_0934 copy.jpgIMG_0938 copy.jpg
IMG_0936 copy.jpg

... and don't go sending me check the voltage. I couldn't give a **** if they measure fine, this is not what I paid for and I am not risking my project using this junk. Ugh.

Of course QR codes are stripped, and no identifying information on this being CATL, 302AH or really anything.

Well, 3 out of my 4 boxes arrived and they are messed up like everyone elses. Scratched QRs, dinged, stripped terminals. Whats next?
View attachment 62594
View attachment 62595

View attachment 62596View attachment 62597
View attachment 62598

... and don't go sending me check the voltage. I couldn't give a **** if they measure fine, this is not what I paid for and I am not risking my project using this junk. Ugh.

Of course QR codes are stripped, and no identifying information on this being CATL, 302AH or really anything.
I think the shorted out terminals are unique.

I'm 30 minutes from king speed and even closer to ups distribution.

UPS would fail to exist as a company if they did this to this high of a percentage of packages. We're talking a 100% damage rate of only these packages. And, UPS, FedEx, king speed, any of the others, and different ships. The only thing in common is the supplier.
I hadn't noticed this previously, but the Origin Scan in the tracking history shows that they were initially scanned in from La Mirada, CA, which is 24 miles away from Chino, CA, where they are destined to now that they are on their way "back to the shipper". I also verified that there is no KingSpeed in La Mirada.

On the other hand, what there is in La Mirada is a BNSF rail yard. Conjecture, but I'm going out on a limb and saying that these got off the boat, rode the train to the rail yard, then were offloaded and picked up by UPS (I have no clue who would parse a rail container AT the rail yard). I don't think they ever CAME from KingSpeed. I think that KingSpeed may have been brokered for a repack now that the cells are all showing up damaged.

I'll bet they are on their way there to be sorted into two piles. One for cells with physical damage to be disposed of. The other to toss as many acceptable appearing cells as possible into boxes to fill as many orders as they can.

Ever see the movie War Dogs?

These pictures are killing me.

I order the Lishen 272s only to switch to the EVE 280s in July. I'm afraid I'm going to be in the same boat here.

Question .. when I purchased it was my understanding that I was purchasing new batteries .. and even when I switched to the EVE 280s, there was nothing said that made me thing that I'm be getting used or lower grade batteries? Did everyone here know that they were getting low grade or used batteries?

I don't remember being told grade when switching to the CATL cells from Lishen, but I DO have a message from my conversation history with Michael where he specifically stated that they are "new" and not the cells he previously had from EV packs.

We dont sort at rail yard. But that is where the customs house is.
Chain is .
Boat from china
In la port
Off boat onto trailer chassis.
Trailer chasis goes to customs house.
Leaves customs for either shipping company freight yard or...
Onto tran to next distribution hub

Chicago , Atlanta, rtc

Back