diy solar

diy solar

CATL 271Ah cell issues.

@Michael B Caro, 3 weeks have passed without an update. Has any progress been made to correct these CATL debacle issues? I was amongst those who received nothing which is reflected in the tracking information; that seems like it should be a cut and dry refund from your seller? Can you refund my un-delivered order?
Same circumstance for me, too.

I'm still waiting for Micheal Caro to make good on his promises. I'm out $1864 with zero money returned to me yet. Hopefully he comes through. Are we any closer to a resolution Micheal?

@Michael B Caro sent you yet another PM. Still waiting on ANY information about the cells I ordered abck in May. Tracking info, whether they were ordered or not...basically any info on the cells. 7 months and all I've received was a tracking number for someone else' shipment....

@Michael B Caro, 3 weeks have passed without an update. Has any progress been made to correct these CATL debacle issues? I was amongst those who received nothing which is reflected in the tracking information; that seems like it should be a cut and dry refund from your seller? Can you refund my un-delivered order?
@Michael B Caro - I probably don't need to point this out but, leaving everyone hanging AGAIN, for 4 weeks now, IS BAD.

What has Alibaba said or done about orders that were not delivered? Is there any chance I will every get my money back? What is your view on this CATL debacle? Are you still working on it or are you just waiting for us to stop asking and move on without our money or batteries?

Michael is too busy to respond but has a lot of time to fight PayPal cases. If you are still waiting for a resolution, you may have to wait a lifetime.

What do you mean by the PayPal reference ?
I'm not involved, but several people have been filing with PayPal to get refunds if they paid Michael via PayPal, and in some cases (I can only recall one) he objected and said the individual had received the cells when they actually hadn't. It eventually worked out, but I'm not sure we know if Michael actually made a mistake and reversed course, or if he fought and lost.

It's sad to read all this. Michael has really handled this pretty badly. My purchase through him for 8 x 230Ah cells went off without a hitch. But it seems that when things go badly, he doesn't deal with it well.

I contacted Michael directly on Facebook about this at the beginning of December since he has been silent on this thread for a month. This was his response to it... Looks like it could be quite some time before we see any money coming back into our pockets from him

1639591113615.png

I feel for those who paid via PayPal friends and family or waited too long to file a dispute with PayPal or their credit card. Since the beginning, I have said I doubt anyone will see a dime. Michael has pointed the finger at the supplier since day one, and has washed his hands of this. He has gone so far as to call those who already filed a claim and received refunds "thieves". Does anyone really think he will voluntarily refund out of his pocket (despite being the one to take the money)?

Or those who filed a dispute via PayPal and had PayPal side in his favor even though you provided them with the proof that you couldn't ship the item back to him...

Or those who filed a dispute via PayPal and had PayPal side in his favor even though you provided them with the proof that you couldn't ship the item back to him...
In all fairness I believe PayPal is asking for the return of the cells and not Michael and it's an auto generated response. Did you or anyone else clear this up with PayPal?

In all fairness I believe PayPal is asking for the return of the cells and not Michael and it's an auto generated response. Did you or anyone else clear this up with PayPal?
I asked the same question, and have been told by several members in this thread and the other one that these emails are auto-generated by Paypal. I'll dig up the posts if you want, but this seems to be Paypals default response upon the filing of an "item not as described" case.

Paypal told me on the phone once escalated that this was their standard response to "items not as described" or "not delivered" and that they realized that sometimes an item was not able to be shipped back for safety reasons. Their example to me on the phone was a glass object that might have been broken. Would not be safe to ship, and in those cases they make provision and allowance for that.

The only issue you run into with LFP cells, is now that you have received them in a damaged state, they are a bio hazard. No one wants them and there becomes the issue of what to do with them.

Thanks to both of you for confirming. As much as I don't like this mess I also think it's a good idea to nip rumors in the bud....so to speak.

I had previously posted I could not understand why Michael would want the cells returned to him. And as I recall, people who filed PayPal disputes received refunds with no need to return the cells to Michael.

I can see disposal can be a problem. I wonder if a hazmat team would take them although I have no idea what that would cost. What about taking them to the nearest landfill?

I can see disposal can be a problem. I wonder if a hazmat team would take them although I have no idea what that would cost. What about taking them to the nearest landfill?
Most municipalities have a hazardous materials roundup once a year. People can bring in old TV's, old yard chemicals, etc no questions asked. This seems like the best option for no-cost proper disposal.

perhaps drive around to the battery drop off locations inside best buy were they say they will take old laptop and cell phone batteries and drop a couple at each store.

Most municipalities have a hazardous materials roundup once a year. People can bring in old TV's, old yard chemicals, etc no questions asked. This seems like the best option for no-cost proper disposal.

perhaps drive around to the battery drop off locations inside best buy were they say they will take old laptop and cell phone batteries and drop a couple at each store.
Yeah. Not ours. ?

I went to a local battery store and they said maybe a place 3 hrs north in another state, for a fee... But the battery shop would touch them.

Back