diy solar

diy solar

CATL 271Ah cell issues.

perhaps drive around to the battery drop off locations inside best buy were they say they will take old laptop and cell phone batteries and drop a couple at each store.

Umm yeah no, Best Buy will call the cops on you real fast if you try this, these are hardly cell phones batteries. They don’t take FLA car batteries, why would they take these?

Same with town municipal waste pick up, they are very specific at what they can and can’t take care of. Only difference is that once in the city’s possession they can’t just pass the buck to some one else, they will prob pay to have them properly disposed thus costing tax payers.

Maybe your better of just dumping them in some random alleyway cause that’s kinda what your describing, if you don’t want to properly dispose of them through the correct channels.

if you are close enough Michael will pick up the bad batteries. At least he picked up mine...

Sorry for the off topic but I believe someone posted here that they cut the 6mm washers for Michael and they had some extras but I cant find it now.
Does anyone know who that was?

perhaps drive around to the battery drop off locations inside best buy were they say they will take old laptop and cell phone batteries and drop a couple at each store.
Don't do that. It would be so easy for those cells to arc in a loose bin of batteries, and ignite the whole box of Li-PO's. You might end up burning down a Best Buy. Now you have no cells, no local Best Buy, and most likely felony charges.

I would be down for them suckers too.
Sorry for the off topic but I believe someone posted here that they cut the 6mm washers for Michael and they had some extras but I cant find it now.
Does anyone know who that was?

Michael asked me via chat to return the batteries to him, this issue isn't a rumor.
if you are close enough Michael will pick up the bad batteries. At least he picked up mine...
I am very surprised Michael wants the damaged cells back. He should arrange for transporting the cells to him at his expense especially if they are a hazmat issue (leaking). On the upside at least you don't have to worry about disposing them.

Michael sent me evidence that shows the Alibaba case is still pending. I wonder why he won't post it here. He seems to be working behind the scenes but lacks the ability to communicate properly.
Because every time he comes here he seems to stuff his foot down his throat, and people crucify him for it.

Michael asked me via chat to return the batteries to him, this issue isn't a rumor.
Great idea, that way you don't have to deal with the disposal of the damaged cells. But when you have cells that have hazmat issues (leaked out some electrolyte and still have some left inside) shipping really not possible and delivering them yourself, not an option.

Great idea, that way you don't have to deal with the disposal of the damaged cells. But when you have cells that have hazmat issues (leaked out some electrolyte and still have some left inside) shipping really not possible and delivering them yourself, not an option.
Yeah, as long as he's paying for shipping.

Yeah, as long as he's paying for shipping.
3 of mine I could not ship since a post on each cell was bent into the top of the cell cracking the plastic around it and releasing the electrolyte. The cells have to remain in the upright position to prevent any more from leaking out. No shipper will take that.

I've been following this thread for a while now. I had originally ordered Lishen cells from Michael back on March 25th, to then change/upgrade my order to the CATL 271ah cells on July 29th, when it became apparent from Michael that the Lishen's were seemingly a long shot/unknown/difficulty for him.

I too was worried but had, intermittently, been in contact with Michael and had been provided shipping tracking information in mid-August for the CATL cells. I still continue to be worried when the tracking was never updated. More intermittent contact with Michael with some information about them still being in transit ...probably stuck on a boat in the LA shipping issue.

Finally, on Dec 30th, a day after a significant snowstorm, my 8 CATL 271ah cells arrive delivered by my UPS guy. All cells actually look in good shape, little not to swelling, 1 cell has the smallest tear in the shrink wrap. All voltages were tested at either 3.28 or 3.29, for comparison with the marked 3.29 on the cells. I have yet to perform any further testing.

I just wanted to bring some alternate perspective to an incredibly difficult issue that I was also part of. I had clearly missed any easy compensation claims so I kept the faith. The biggest issue, obviously, is the intermittent contact but when I did have contact with Michael, he seemed genuine and engaged.

I hope all goes well with those still with significant issues, including Michael. I am, for one, an example of someone not taken advantage of, in my eyes.

Cheers,

D.

Anyone have word from Michael? He seems to have completely went dark. Would really like to have the cells I ordered (ones not damaged or incorrect type that I received). This has slowed/stopped my solar project and I would really like to know what is going on to resolve this.

I've been following this thread for a while now. I had originally ordered Lishen cells from Michael back on March 25th, to then change/upgrade my order to the CATL 271ah cells on July 29th, when it became apparent from Michael that the Lishen's were seemingly a long shot/unknown/difficulty for him.

I too was worried but had, intermittently, been in contact with Michael and had been provided shipping tracking information in mid-August for the CATL cells. I still continue to be worried when the tracking was never updated. More intermittent contact with Michael with some information about them still being in transit ...probably stuck on a boat in the LA shipping issue.

Finally, on Dec 30th, a day after a significant snowstorm, my 8 CATL 271ah cells arrive delivered by my UPS guy. All cells actually look in good shape, little not to swelling, 1 cell has the smallest tear in the shrink wrap. All voltages were tested at either 3.28 or 3.29, for comparison with the marked 3.29 on the cells. I have yet to perform any further testing.

I just wanted to bring some alternate perspective to an incredibly difficult issue that I was also part of. I had clearly missed any easy compensation claims so I kept the faith. The biggest issue, obviously, is the intermittent contact but when I did have contact with Michael, he seemed genuine and engaged.

I hope all goes well with those still with significant issues, including Michael. I am, for one, an example of someone not taken advantage of, in my eyes.

Cheers,

D.
I can only hope that will happen for me. It would be great if my 8 damaged cells were replaced, but i suspect that will not happen. Glad to hear things worked out in your favor.

Back