diy solar

diy solar

Cell prices coming down

Those prices seem pretty good. I'm glad they are coming back down.
I was looking at those $89 305ah grade B cells from 18650battery.com
Seems like I read people like them. And I am close enough to pick up my order so I can look at them while I'm there.
But I don't even want to pay $89 each. lol

edit these are the ones - https://www.18650batterystore.com/products/envision-aesc-305ah-grade-b-cells-3-2v-lifepo4-battery

That's a pretty good price for cells already in your country, we have the same Japanese B grade Envision from Fogster in the UK but £99 each or $126 :cry: - but free delivery.
https://www.fogstar.co.uk/collections/lifepo4/products/envision-lifepo4-305ah-prismatic-cell-grade-a

TBH though, I just don't want the hassle of B grade, they might be great and matched well, or one or two might have higher self discharge, lower capacity, higher IR... who knows, that's why they're B grade, might be fine might not be, might last a year until the balancer can't balance a stray cell properly any more. I'd rather aim to have as little hassle from them as possible and yeah it costs a bit more but compared to replacing like for like of my old FLA Hoppekke 2v Cells or even Pylontech, we're already saving a decent amount building our own.

Maybe I shouldn't be such a cheap ass. I do want safe batteries.
But I am fairly sure 2 crappy grade B batteries with 260ah each would beat the hell out of one 305ah grade A battery.
And they would continue to do so for 10 years.
My point was that it doesn't make sense to me to pay a lot extra for grade A.
I do like the terminals on those EVE LF280K. That is much better than my loctited studs in my EVE's from 3 years ago

I had a quote from Luyuan @ $122 / cell for LF304 (A grade), and it looks like LF280K V3 (A grade) from them is the same, not sure what V2? still costs though? I've gone for GobelPower with the Gotion 340Ah (A grade) @ $128 / cell they had LF304 (B grade) for $107 - all before shipping and taxes to the UK.

It's a similar 30ah extra going from LF280K (V2?) > LF280k V3, for me going from the EVE LF304 (310Ah) > Gotion 340Ah = 30Ah extra for $6 / cell or 5% more cost, but the main factor was having a 26kWh bank vs 23kWh bank for 24 cells (8s3p 24v)

*Edit
The Gotion 340 factory test they sent me showed an average 344Ah / cell
The EVE LF280K V3 factory test shows an average 314Ah / cell
They will only do 314 for a Max of 10-15 cycles,

That's a pretty good price for cells already in your country, we have the same Japanese B grade Envision from Fogster in the UK but £99 each or $126 :cry: - but free delivery.
https://www.fogstar.co.uk/collections/lifepo4/products/envision-lifepo4-305ah-prismatic-cell-grade-a

TBH though, I just don't want the hassle of B grade, they might be great and matched well, or one or two might have higher self discharge, lower capacity, higher IR... who knows, that's why they're B grade, might be fine might not be, might last a year until the balancer can't balance a stray cell properly any more. I'd rather aim to have as little hassle from them as possible and yeah it costs a bit more but compared to replacing like for like of my old FLA Hoppekke 2v Cells or even Pylontech, we're already saving a decent amount building our own.
Fogstar is selling the b grades, nkon was selling the a grades

NKON won't ship DDP to the UK though. ☹️
Pro tip : never go for the latest greatest highest ah , you will get burned..
Although the gotian cells have been on my wanted list for a long time, they became available when it didn't make sense for me anymore

Hi everyone, would you choose EVE 280 V3 over 304 or vice versa? I am planning to use it as a 12V RV battery (diesel heater, inverter for fridge and some drone LiPo charging). The price difference is only 6 EUR (Nkon.nl) so hard decision :D Thanks

280K V3 its similiar to the capacity of the 304 but with double the expected service life. I think the 304 will be discontinued and replaced with the new 306K.

Personally I don't see the need for a 280 and 300 they are so close to the same.

280K V3 its similiar to the capacity of the 304 but with double the expected service life. I think the 304 will be discontinued and replaced with the new 306K.

Personally I don't see the need for a 280 and 300 they are so close to the same.
It is similar for the first cycles..
And I'd like to see them doing 6000 at 1c first :)

I agree on the 304 being replaced by the 306 eventually

Verify the shipping with 18650 everytime they lower the price of the cells they up the price of shipping.

Also add batteryhookup to the list $460 for a 4 pack which comes to about $115 per cell, but probably will have sales tax + shipping so its gets up there, so far 18650 hasn't started charging sales tax in TX or CA yet.

I got my 48 cell pallet of 304 from SFK coming, $114.00 / cell shipped during black friday sale. The wait sucks but mason kits will take the same time to arrive so what the hey.

I wonder how low the will go, maybe this time next year they will be like $50.00/cell shipped haha...

I got my 48 cell pallet of 304 from SFK coming, $114.00 / cell shipped during black friday sale. The wait sucks but mason kits will take the same time to arrive so what the hey.

I wonder how low the will go, maybe this time next year they will be like $50.00/cell shipped haha...
Yes!, I plan on getting more EVE 280ks but I can wait :)

Another price drop. Eve 280 Grade A v3 now $95-$105; Grade A 304s are down to $99-$109. I’m getting close to sending the flatbed over there to load up.
I bet, by the time I get my ESS expansion finished (114kWh target) ,the prices for the cells will then be less than half of what my cells cost me...figures!

I bet, by the time I get my ESS expansion finished (114kWh target) ,the prices for the cells will then be less than half of what my cells cost me...figures!
There is an old saying. "A bird in the hand is better than two in the bush". The ones currently owned are performing their duty as expected. I have older computer equipment that is now outdated. However it served me well during the years of usage.

From where? 18650?

If you buy in quantity, you get a better price. I haven't checked freight though.

I'm getting ready to pull the plug on some cells soon enough.

If you buy in quantity, you get a better price. I haven't checked freight though.

I'm getting ready to pull the plug on some cells soon enough.
$952 freight for 64 cells shipped to my door on UPS.

diy solar

diy solar
Back