diy solar

diy solar

Chargeverter Availability? (Early 2024)

This is one of the reasons I like DIY. Yes, it's more work, and yes, not everyone has the skills, but if you do - it offers so much flexibility and you're not reliant on a product that can go away at any time. Like the ones we're building with Emerson R48, Eltek Flatpack2, etc. - you can add as many as you want, control them through CAN or not, add a display or not, etc.

Not for everyone, but maybe worth considering if you have the skills.
AND time.

I'm severely short on time.

Additionally, the unit I've been calling a V2 is actually a new product,

We have one more shipment of the previous model coming in to fulfill the backorders, however, we will not be receiving any more thereafter.
I'm not sure why any company would discontinue offering a product that sells faster than they can stock them.
Sounds like a great opportunity for another vendor to fill the need.
Maybe Current Connected can look into this. @HighTechLab

PS: I have a couple of modification suggestions if you decide to take this opportunity.

It could be that EG4 is trying to develop a product line similar to Victron where all their devices are plug-n-play. Hopefully they will also develop software that brings it all together eliminating the need for third party applications.
The solar industry has seen some major changes over the years. technology keeps advancing and maybe EG4 is making a gamble that just might long term pay off.

It could be that EG4 is trying to develop a product line similar to Victron where all their devices are plug-n-play. Hopefully they will also develop software that brings it all together eliminating the need for third party applications.
The solar industry has seen some major changes over the years. technology keeps advancing and maybe EG4 is making a gamble that just might long term pay off.
many have complained about SS for various reasons, but in my time during the past 2 decades, they are now achieving some great advantages and resources that are better than prior vendors/dealers I have used previously

They are polishing what they have had and brings better products at a lower price point.
20 years ago, putting together a DIY system was HARD, damn HARD.
I love the ease today when compared to what I had to do back then wire by wire

Sorry, Tim, I'm following the trend too.

But I do have an order coming in March for 110x of the yellow chargeverters and am taking names to notify when they arrive (but we are NOT taking pre-orders any longer, only taking orders when inventory is in hand). For the price of the yellow version, and my use cases, I don't think as a customer I would want to pay more for them... that would have been almost $1000 more for my project...

Sorry, Tim, I'm following the trend too.

But I do have an order coming in March for 110x of the yellow chargeverters and am taking names to notify when they arrive (but we are NOT taking pre-orders any longer, only taking orders when inventory is in hand). For the price of the yellow version, and my use cases, I don't think as a customer I would want to pay more for them... that would have been almost $1000 more for my project...
No reason to not offer both.
Most people (in my opinion) are not interested in the additional features or cost.
Plus, if you cut out the middle man. You could offer it for a lower price and increase profit, at the same time.
I hate to see a great option dissappear from the market.

Fb post about the change. Wonder if theres validity to this?
Doesn’t seem to matter much either way, but would make sense
IMG_1998.jpeg

I would guess that it's the same internal equipment with a different screen and paint job.
The previous model was a couple of power supplies that already communicated through can bus. It just wasn't utilized for external function.

Thanks for the correction. I have no idea how these are built personally
The core is more than likely something like this, the original was 2 rectifiers and some additional fancy bits...

$49.82 | Emerson R48-3000e3 Communication Switching Power Supply Module 48V Induction Heater Power Supply Disassemble With interface

I would guess that it's the same internal equipment with a different screen and paint job.
The previous model was a couple of power supplies that already communicated through can bus. It just wasn't utilized for external function.
I wonder if this was any inspiration in the new design. The contributions from @upnorthandpersonal have been above any beyond.

I'm not sure why any company would discontinue offering a product that sells faster than they can stock them.
Sounds like a great opportunity for another vendor to fill the need.
Maybe Current Connected can look into this. @HighTechLab

PS: I have a couple of modification suggestions if you decide to take this opportunity.
Sounds suspicious, perhaps they learned of a failure point?

Simple business would be sell as much as possible, save the "new and improved " card until sales decline.

Maybe EG4 does care and they fix their product as soon as they learn about an issue??

Simple business would be sell as much as possible, save the "new and improved " card until sales decline.

Maybe EG4 does care and they fix their product as soon as they learn about an issue??
I think it's rather obvious that their supplier is not keeping up with the demand.

There have been zero issues.
The only thing that matters is money.

Back