diy solar

diy solar

Chargeverter Availability? (Early 2024)

I would guess that it's the same internal equipment with a different screen and paint job.
The previous model was a couple of power supplies that already communicated through can bus. It just wasn't utilized for external function.
I wonder if this was any inspiration in the new design. The contributions from @upnorthandpersonal have been above any beyond.

I'm not sure why any company would discontinue offering a product that sells faster than they can stock them.
Sounds like a great opportunity for another vendor to fill the need.
Maybe Current Connected can look into this. @HighTechLab

PS: I have a couple of modification suggestions if you decide to take this opportunity.
Sounds suspicious, perhaps they learned of a failure point?

Simple business would be sell as much as possible, save the "new and improved " card until sales decline.

Maybe EG4 does care and they fix their product as soon as they learn about an issue??

Simple business would be sell as much as possible, save the "new and improved " card until sales decline.

Maybe EG4 does care and they fix their product as soon as they learn about an issue??
I think it's rather obvious that their supplier is not keeping up with the demand.

There have been zero issues.
The only thing that matters is money.

I don't blame Signature Solar for this - I think they're just buying them from their supplier. But I do wish we could buy a device that does the CORE function of the Chargeverter (cleans up dirty generator power, reliably), and only that. I don't need a fancier device.

I drive a 2012 Tundra pickup (just hit 96,000 miles - there's only so many places I want to go). I just love it, and it does absolutely everything I want or need, and more. When it comes time to replace it, I wish I could buy another one, just like it. Yes, I could buy a newer one, with more fancy stuff on it. But WHY? That's how I feel about this situation. My guess is that they figured out that most buyers would fork over an additional $80 for features that cost much less than that to add. I can't blame them for that. I just wish that wasn't our only option. But that's capitalism. It has admittedly worked pretty well for most of us. Life's about tradeoffs...

Last edited:

diy solar

diy solar
Back