diy solar

diy solar

Check my build. Please?

LTLking

I've been overloaded with a lot of different information before finding DIY solar.
I'm still a bit confused on a couple things.

I have a 6*12 v nose trailer.
I've taken a few days to build this list and about ready to purchase. I want to get it all at once.
Later I'm going to get a 2nd panel and another battery or 3 for a 4 battery system.
If I have room as I get everything placed on the roof in I'll see how much room I have left to fill in remaining space with smaller panels.

In order of connection,

BougeRV 9BB 200W mono Solar
Cable Jusction Boc, double wire cable entry gland box
Eco-worthy 60A MPPT controller 12/24/36/48V
60A Fuse go here?
Kohree Battery disconnect 12V-48V

Feence 12 100Ah lifepo4 1280Wh lithium 100a
Fuse go here see below. Will upgrade fuse when new battery added.

Battery Monitor charge 4in1 DC 80V 50A soc AH volt amp Capacity
Sunthysis 2000w pure sine 12V dc-120V ac with remote. (I got the 2000w as I expand I won't need to get another.)
Direct to battery Kohree 5gang 12-Way 12V blade Fuse block, Rocker switch bundle For DC light switches.

Lighting
Keepsmile 100' LED strip lights
Will pick up a couple DC lights local

Will install components in place then measure to get wiring needed and pick up local.

Inverter issue. Eventually I want to have at least 3 outlets.
I want to run a wire from the inverter place in front left. Run it up along ceiling to the back to 1 outlet. 1 across for outside use and 1 near or inverter with plug.
1 by or on the inverter. 1 across from inverter outside by door and 1 in the back.
I couldn't find an inverter with a lug for a buss bar option. If you have a suggestion or solution.

I'm a bit lost on the fuse. According to the video he says 1000W inverter 180amp fuse.
Although the battery 100A
Charge controller 60A
I have 2000W so I would be going higher but shouldn't I limit the fuse so if I overload it goes 1st before everything else.
At 1st I'm going to have a few lights and a fridge. In time I'll add another battery to get more A and Ah.

I'll also add a connection to the truck in order to charge from the alternator while driving once I understand more on how to do it.
As much as I can tell the MPPT can handle that?

Last edited:
Back