diy solar

diy solar

Dirty Electricity Reduction

There are actually meters that can check for this. If dirty electricity is present the effects can radiate through the walls.

As said earlier many are not affected by this. Some notice subtle changes such as improved sleep.

The body consists of electrical currents. There are medical devices that check electrical signals in the brain EEG, the heart EKG and muscle EMG.

The practice of acupuncture actually treats points in the body that when treated can significantly reduce pain.

Put the inverters in an detached outbuilding. Tier 1 low frequency frequency inverter power is going to be as clean as your going to find. Done and dusted as they say in the UK.

I found plenty of health effects due to DE, in just a few minutes online ... perhaps someone (else) will list them out!

OP ... after some of the (minimal) research I did, I think there are numerous strategies you can employ:
- don't use AIO inverters, and instead use individual components
- prevent/isolate the "noise" from the mppt component
- keep all "found to be noisy" components away from you, if sensitive to it

So, it is MPPT's, poor connections, and so on that contribute to DE. The DE problem looks real to me, after just a bit of research. There are plenty of "power problems", and now it appears that DE is in the mix, for some.

(Some) Folks do suffer heavily from DE. A bit more empathy will go a long way, even as we all strive to avoid the snake oil parts of it.

Hope this helps ...
No, it does not help. Why not have the OP tell us what health effects they are concerned about? Anecdotes are not data.

I'm no EE, and I don't have a measuring tool, but I'm going to look into the old AM Radio trick, and see if that $1.00 solution is as effective as the $150.00 stetzer measuring tool. I can imagine that many multitudes of AIO & MPPT manufacturers all have different degrees of noise ... most probably won't be clean.

All my devices are in a separate solar gear shed away from the house, so perhaps I wouldn't ever have to worry about it.

Who knows what the OP would want to pursue for mitigation efforts ... it's info we all need, first.

One could argue against this method because then you have interconnecting wire between each box that could radiate, better to keep it all in one enclosed metal box, no?
As much a scam as I think this entire dirty power think is beside, the wires running between these components would all be DC, there's no additional AC wiring. So, I don't think there would be any additional exposure for components vs AIO.

The only side affect of charge controllers and inverters are radio interference
I have to move my portable dewalt radio about 10 to fifteen feet away from devices to kill the static

I have to move my portable dewalt radio about 10 to fifteen feet away from devices to kill the static

That comment made me wonder if that's the case in general, or just with non UL-listed inverters, and I found this on NAZ:

One of the major problems with solar and DC power equipment is that almost none of it meets the standards for FCC Section 15, Part B. Nearly all appliances and electronic equipment sold today for consumer use in homes must comply with FCC part B - which regulates the maximum amount of EMI that devices (such as TV's) can radiate. That is why you don't get a lot of noise from your microwave and coffee grinder. But nearly all DC and solar equipment are exempt from Part B. Which means that they can put out a LOT more EMI and still be legal.

I don't believe it's a health risk, but it certainly can be a problem for any wireless devices.

If a person is able to explain and provide documentation how electromagnetic interference (or whatever relative errant transmission) is harming a living being lets hear it. Slapping on a pejorative term (DIRTY ELECTRICITY) smacks of marketing lingo.

The whole cell-phone-causes-brain-cancer debate still comes and goes, right? There are those who seek remote areas away from cell service for relief from headaches, brainfog(?). Who are we to say it is not real for certain individuals?

So if I install an EG4 6500ex on the garage wall opposite my stereo and tv I've got problems?

The am radio trick as mentioned make as good a detector as anything so I suggest the following strategy to combat this insidious threat to our health and well being.

1. Get an am radio.

2. Run around your house using the am radio like a geiger counter and find all the nasty stuff.

3. Get some aluminum foil.

4. Wrap aluminum foil around all the nasty stuff and the wires going to the nasty stuff.

5. Make a hat out of the left over aluminum foil(shouldn't waste things!)

6. Win !

:)

So if I install an EG4 6500ex on the garage wall opposite my stereo and tv I've got problems?
If the tv runs off an antenna most likely it will affect reception, definitely the stereo if using FM or AM. But who uses AM anymore, But like I said 10 to 15 feet away you should be ok

Back