diy solar

diy solar

EG4 6500EX 2P1 Blinking

2P1 flashes when one of the batteries is reporting a warning ⚠️ to the inverter. I typically see it Either low SOC or Cell OV.

Edit to say: must be using battery comms.

Last edited:
It has to be something with the battery coms. I wonder if it flashes when the battery throws a warning/error but only displays a code if it knows how to handle the warning?

That would explain why it was only seen on 2p1 because that’s the inverter set to EG4, while the other is USE (or at least it should be).
☝️

2P1 flashes when one of the batteries is reporting a warning ⚠️ to the inverter. I typically see it Either low SOC or Cell OV.

Edit to say: must be using battery comms.
The OP's video showed high SOC on batteries, so that had me wondering if other codes could cause 2P1 to flash, not just battery-related codes?

Your screen was flashing F69 which is a fault stating that "the battery is unable to charge even with functional inverter to BMS communication. Likely cause is a cell or pack being in an over-voltage state".
There is now warning on the batteries. It seems to stop when the batteries discharge some and start charging again.

Mine was flashing 2P1 while 2P2 was steady. Everything working no other errors. Switched 2P1 setting #5 to “USE” and flashing stopped. Then I remember reading somewhere that the com cable between EG4 and batteries is supposed to go in only one direction. Switched cable around and changed setting back to “EG4” and no more flashing 2P1. But as soon as the inverter started charging the batteries, error 61 popped again on 2P1. It is back to “USE” on setting #5 on both inverters until EG4 Electronics comes up with a solution. I set #26 and #27 to 58.0v both. Same settings as when “EG4” is selected in #5.

Mine was flashing 2P1 while 2P2 was steady. Everything working no other errors. Switched 2P1 setting #5 to “USE” and flashing stopped. Then I remember reading somewhere that the com cable between EG4 and batteries is supposed to go in only one direction. Switched cable around and changed setting back to “EG4” and no more flashing 2P1. But as soon as the inverter started charging the batteries, error 61 popped again on 2P1. It is back to “USE” on setting #5 on both inverters until EG4 Electronics comes up with a solution. I set #26 and #27 to 58.0v both. Same settings as when “EG4” is selected in #5.
What voltage were the batteries at? 2P1 flashing with EG4 battery type typically means the battery is sending an alarm status to the inverter. Check battery BMS and you should see a possible alarm such as cell over voltage.

Ran the bms test and mine says Charging mos off.....Over voltage protection......Cell over voltage alarm.... There is no red lights on my batteries.
I switched to use now and set 26....56.8v and 27....55.2 volts not sure if this is normal for the bms to act that way or not.
Looking for suggestions...

Use the "USE" type for several full charges. The max cell volt difference is high so it wouldn't hurt to do several days of top balancing.

Edit to say, off and on... Not several days straight. Just several days of full charge, holding max voltage for a few hours. Max voltage would be where all 6 batteries start passive balancing but none of the cells exceed OV setting.

When you have EG4 set, I believe the 2p1 will flash when any alarm is triggered in the batteries.

Do you know what the cell over voltage param is set to?

With all the packs showing that alarm, and all of them being at 100% state of charge, it almost makes me believe that the inverter is just charging up until the overvoltage alarm is it on the battery.

When you have EG4 set, I believe the 2p1 will flash when any alarm is triggered in the batteries.

Do you know what the cell over voltage param is set to?

With all the packs showing that alarm, and all of them being at 100% state of charge, it almost makes me believe that the inverter is just charging up until the overvoltage alarm is it on the battery.
If I leave it set to eg4 mode will it hurt my batteries by this happening

Use the "USE" type for several full charges. The max cell volt difference is high so it wouldn't hurt to do several days of top balancing.

Edit to say, off and on... Not several days straight. Just several days of full charge, holding max voltage for a few hours. Max voltage would be where all 6 batteries start passive balancing but none of the cells exceed OV setting.
Not understanding

Back