diy solar

diy solar

EG4 6500EX 2P1 Blinking

So its fine if it goes over voltage at full charge? The BMS is taking care of everything?
Personally I would still top balance, starting at 56.5 ish or what ever max voltage your batteries can handle without pushing any cell over 3.6. (technically 3.65 but start at 3.6 per cell)

Last edited:
What voltage were the batteries at? 2P1 flashing with EG4 battery type typically means the battery is sending an alarm status to the inverter. Check battery BMS and you should see a possible alarm such as cell over voltage.
I did not notice the voltage. Batteries did not show any alarms. How do I check battery BMS? Does this check give you historical data? Thanks.

This just happened to me, 2p1 flashing, no code on inverter, 1 red light on batt 1 of 6. I couldn't get to it for a few days, during that time after a couple days 2p1 started showing a code 69...cell over voltage, all batts were working normal, charging and discharging during those days. Today I was just about to haul a PC out and setup bms tools, and the 2p1 was not flashing, no 69 code and the red alarm batt light is now off...seem like it fixed itself. I still would like to check bms tools if there is a log or something and check the cells. Inverters are set to eg4 for batt for 2p1 and USE for 2p2.

This just happened to me, 2p1 flashing, no code on inverter, 1 red light on batt 1 of 6. I couldn't get to it for a few days, during that time after a couple days 2p1 started showing a code 69...cell over voltage, all batts were working normal, charging and discharging during those days. Today I was just about to haul a PC out and setup bms tools, and the 2p1 was not flashing, no 69 code and the red alarm batt light is now off...seem like it fixed itself. I still would like to check bms tools if there is a log or something and check the cells. Inverters are set to eg4 for batt for 2p1 and USE for 2p2.
If I recall correctly, 2P1 flashing, just indicates that you have communication set up between the inverter and the batteries.

How cold?
Thermometer in shop read 34*F. SA reported inverters at 66*F. I think the lifepower4s won’t charge until 32*F but will discharge below that. Outside the shop was probably 29*F, and the shop is a bit open at the moment. It was the two bottom batts in the rack reporting alarm. The first one that did this was the very bottom. Yesterday, it was the two lower. I wonder if the 69 is a general can’t charge warning, suggesting cell over charge, but mine occurred in the morning when the batts were 50% SOC so I don’t know how overvolts can occur at 50%. First time it happened after a few days it fixed itself. I need to hook up BMS tools but have some questions on the procedure like if ok when everything is live, or do I need to shut all down, can I just plug into bottom battery or does it need master batt, can I disconnect master batt from inv when they are charging…stuff like that I’m trying to read and find answers to before I attempt.

I should note, the alarm batts still charged and discharged.

Last edited:
Back