diy solar

diy solar

EVE LF280K V3 terminal type. Suspect possible trick by supplier?

AshleyL

Solar Enthusiast
1706362046558.png
1706362119232.png
1706362074571.png

So, I had been asking my supplier on why they need to purchase separate terminal for EVE LF280K V3..........above were the given replies by supplier/seller.
I thought this battery model is supposed to come out from EVE factory pre-welded with the new double hole terminal?

I've been around for a wee bit and NEVER heard such malarky...
Blank Top cells are certainly available and those get 3rd party Posts welded on, very few ever tap them for screws anymore.
Honestly, I have to question the integrity of the Seplos Sales Rep.

I've been around for a wee bit and NEVER heard such malarky...
Blank Top cells are certainly available and those get 3rd party Posts welded on, very few ever tap them for screws anymore.
Honestly, I have to question the integrity of the Seplos Sales Rep.
1706363789097.png
The trade assurance is linked to https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Seplos-3-2V-280Ah-lifepo4-Battery_1601015206869.html
Since I requested for double hole LF280K V3, the seller said there no issue except the price will be USD90 per cell. The USD20 is for the accessories such as busbar etc. The only thing is I kinda annoyed because the seller assured me that there will be flexible busbar BEFORE I paid. After I paid, the seller told me that they only have rigid busbar. DUUUUHHHHH. I don't plan to compress the battery which is why I requested for flexibile busbar in first place.

When I asked when the battery will be shipped, I was double surprised with the given "reasons" at first post.

Before placing and making payment, I asking the seller about "relasered, sanding QR stuff" because I don't want any of those nonsense, it it is "B" QR, leave it as it is:
1706364455622.png
1706364479353.png

Will I be getting the stuff I expect?

View attachment 191600
The trade assurance is linked to https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Seplos-3-2V-280Ah-lifepo4-Battery_1601015206869.html
Since I requested for double hole LF280K V3, the seller said there no issue except the price will be USD90 per cell. The USD20 is for the accessories such as busbar etc. The only thing is I kinda annoyed because the seller assured me that there will be flexible busbar BEFORE I paid. After I paid, the seller told me that they only have rigid busbar. DUUUUHHHHH. I don't plan to compress the battery which is why I requested for flexibile busbar in first place.

When I asked when the battery will be shipped, I was double surprised with the given "reasons" at first post.

Before placing and making payment, I asking the seller about "relasered, sanding QR stuff" because I don't want any of those nonsense, it it is "B" QR, leave it as it is:
View attachment 191601
View attachment 191602

Will I be getting the stuff I expect?
My understanding is batteries cells can be A Grade, but not Automotive Grade. They cannot meet the discharge rate to be used for EVs.

Ashley, I'm sorry you have to deal with this nonsense because so many vendors will not or cannot ship to you.
Sadly this further reaffirms my previous suspicions about Seplos.
Charging extra for the proper terminal types = BAD & WRONG
Charging extra for busbars - flexible or other - NO ONE DOES THAT ! Sure as hell not in the past 5 years ! And MOST Especially large vendors... Even the small "mom-&-pop" vendors don't do that...

Too many flags of dubiousness for me.
Honestly, if you can pull out and find another "Real & Credible" vendor who doesn't lie you'll be way ahead.
I live with RULE OF 3 - No 4th chances in general, 1 Lie and all chances are negated... We humans use it all the time without being consciously aware... ie: baseball 3 strikes your out, 3rd time is a charm etc... So many wrapped around "3", syat applying it consciously and your life will be happier as it limits "stoopid" potentials for you and everyone else. Keeps me for getting too deep into things.

My understanding is batteries cells can be A Grade, but not Automotive Grade. They cannot meet the discharge rate to be used for EVs.
:cry: Assuming if I am getting the so called A-Grade cell.
Hart was offering USD85 for EVE 280AH battery with stud. But I requested for EVE LF280K V3 with double hole terminal and he said they have it, but at higher price of USD90. (I am still pissed that Hart told me there will be only rigid busbar available after I paid when he assured flexible busbar is available before the payment was made.)

Ashley, I'm sorry you have to deal with this nonsense because so many vendors will not or cannot ship to you.
Sadly this further reaffirms my previous suspicions about Seplos.
Charging extra for the proper terminal types = BAD & WRONG
Charging extra for busbars - flexible or other - NO ONE DOES THAT ! Sure as hell not in the past 5 years ! And MOST Especially large vendors... Even the small "mom-&-pop" vendors don't do that...

Too many flags of dubiousness for me.
Honestly, if you can pull out and find another "Real & Credible" vendor who doesn't lie you'll be way ahead.
I live with RULE OF 3 - No 4th chances in general, 1 Lie and all chances are negated... We humans use it all the time without being consciously aware... ie: baseball 3 strikes your out, 3rd time is a charm etc... So many wrapped around "3", syat applying it consciously and your life will be happier as it limits "stoopid" potentials for you and everyone else. Keeps me for getting too deep into things.
😭 Not like I can cancel the deal now as I paid with debit card.
Any guide here?

:cry: Assuming if I am getting the so called A-Grade cell.
Hart was offering USD85 for EVE 280AH battery with stud. But I requested for EVE LF280K V3 with double hole terminal and he said they have it, but at higher price of USD90. (I am still pissed that Hart told me there will be only rigid busbar available after I paid when he assured flexible busbar is available before the payment was made.)

😭 Not like I can cancel the deal now as I paid with debit card.
Any guide here?
If you have Alibaba’s trade assurance. There is a cancellation window I believe. And if the product is not what was advertised, I think Alibaba may step in. I went back-and-forth with a vendor once, and Alibaba actually forked over some of the money as a vendor only offered a small amount.

If you have Alibaba’s trade assurance. There is a cancellation window I believe. And if the product is not what was advertised, I think Alibaba may step in. I went back-and-forth with a vendor once, and Alibaba actually forked over some of the money as a vendor only offered a small amount.
Cancel now or wait until the battery arrive?
To be honest, I don't mind paying extra if all cells has same 280ah capacity and internal resistance.
Though I really doubt if I am getting LF280K V3 now.

Back