diy solar

diy solar

Growatt 3000tl lvm-es N-G screw

@timselectric I'm most likely over complicating things, just checking to make sure I'm understanding correctly.

Add screws into both inverters, pull NG bond out of my breaker panel (not the house panel but inverter AC output panel.)

With the NG bond bring done in the inverter do I need to change anything when I use AC input from the grid?

Any issues with running each inverter separately from eachother but feeding same panel on opposite legs?

Last edited:
@timselectric I'm most likely over complicating things, just checking to make sure I'm understanding correctly.

Add screws into both inverters, pull NG bond out of my breaker panel (not the house panel but inverter AC output panel.)
Correct
With the NG bond bring done in the inverter do I need to change anything when I use AC input from the grid?
No
Any issues with running each inverter separately from eachother but feeding same panel on opposite legs?
No
But don't connect both to the grid. If they are not connected to each other. (As one system)

I'm not sure what the reason is for using them this way. Maybe they are different units? (Not capable of being stacked together)

Correct

No

No
But don't connect both to the grid. If they are not connected to each other. (As one system)

I'm not sure what the reason is for using them this way. Maybe they are different units? (Not capable of being stacked together)

I have them running separate because of the issue of having current on ground when running AC input which is hopefully fixed now, if I switch to having them connected ad one unit for 220 do I keep the NG bond screw in both units? Seems to some confusion on this part from over a year ago

I have them running separate because of the issue of having current on ground when running AC input which is hopefully fixed now, if I switch to having them connected ad one unit for 220 do I keep the NG bond screw in both units? Seems to some confusion on this part from over a year ago
There should not be any current on the ground, as long as everything is wired correctly.
Or at least, not enough for concern.

I will test it another day, also I was curious if I have everything connected correctly so I used my travel trailer EMS to test it and I get no errors, it shows proper grounding etc, I disconnected my earth ground to see if it changed anything and I got no warnings, I'm guessing the NG bond is telling the EMS that the ground is correct

How does dynamic bonding work when two units are wired in split phase and both units have the internal NG bond screw in?

So they should play well together? My mind keeps going back to will prowse but maybe he had older units that didn't have dynamic bonding

So they should play well together? My mind keeps going back to will prowse but maybe he had older units that didn't have dynamic bonding
They all have dynamic bonding. If they can operate stand alone, off grid.

Back