diy solar

diy solar

Growatt N-G confusion

What happens if I have no ground in the array? Why would I be getting current on ground with everything off and disconnected?

No separate ground rods.
Only one grounding system for everything.
If your system isn't bonded, you'll always read strange voltages on ground. Because you have the system floating.
The proper way is the jumper from input neutral to output neutral.

No separate ground rods.
Only one grounding system for everything.
If your system isn't bonded, you'll always read strange voltages on ground. Because you have the system floating.
The proper way is the jumper from input neutral to output neutral.

I am bonded at the main panel, growatts have both NG bond screws removed, have input and output neutrald jumped,. turn off all solar inputs, no grid power, turn batteries off etc. Nothing is turned on and when I test from ground wire to mater main I show almost 2 watts

I am bonded at the main panel, growatts have both NG bond screws removed, have input and output neutrald jumped,. turn off all solar inputs, no grid power, turn batteries off etc. Nothing is turned on and when I test from ground wire to mater main I show almost 2 watts
Not sure what you are testing.
Watts?
How?

At work (power plant) we always see stray voltages and typically discount them until recently when a stray voltage wasn't. The company bought us all stray voltage adapters for our meters.

Often that stray voltage is used to verify contacts closed or open on a circuit that might change state while measuring, a hard zero is closed.

Back