diy solar

diy solar

Half price electric cars

Found the thread where Will mentions that China could soon be producing EV LFP for lower than $56 per kWh....

I comprehend just fine.

No shit Sherlock but you were whining about such demand for them being sold out everywhere as some sort of EV predictor I thought you should know.
For the last time, There are NO small EV trucks on the market. The success of the Maverick proves there is a demand for SMALL trucks. Yet, Ford decided the only electric truck they would make would be a full size pickup. They put all their eggs into that basket, and once the Ford homers got theirs and demand slowed, folks like you chalked it up to EVs are bad. Ford recently announced development for small EVs, but since they ignored the segment completely, they are going to need a few years to catch up to where they should have gone in the first place.

There are lots of folks like me that have no need for an F150, gas or electric doesn't matter. I would buy a small EV today if it existed. It doesn't. Not sure what else to say. Can't buy what doesn't exist.

I guess I could mention that I've ordered a Kandi Kart (lithium) for use here on our 15 acres and to get us, the paddle boards and the dogs to and from the river access about a 1/2 mile from our house.
For that money you could purchase a Leaf with good battery pack that has far more KWH capacity and a real suspension, unlike a lawnmower-based golf cart. Takeoff the doors and fenders, add a roof rack, mount some oversized mud tires and you have a serious offroad vehicle.

For the last time, There are NO small EV trucks on the market. The success of the Maverick proves there is a demand for SMALL trucks. Yet, Ford decided the only electric truck they would make would be a full size pickup. They put all their eggs into that basket, and once the Ford homers got theirs and demand slowed, folks like you chalked it up to EVs are bad. Ford recently announced development for small EVs, but since they ignored the segment completely, they are going to need a few years to catch up to where they should have gone in the first place.

There are lots of folks like me that have no need for an F150, gas or electric doesn't matter. I would buy a small EV today if it existed. It doesn't. Not sure what else to say. Can't buy what doesn't exist.
So your demanding someone make an EV to fit YOUR need when already so many on the market.

Guess Ford didn’t think that market segment was big enough for small EVs to spend Millions in R&D

Not any manufacturer for that matter.

If there is such a demand where is the product?

Supply side economics.

So your demanding someone make an EV to fit YOUR need when already so many on the market.

Guess Ford didn’t think that market segment was big enough for small EVs to spend Millions in R&D

Not any manufacturer for that matter.

If there is such a demand where is the product?

Supply side economics.
Haven't you heard? "The government" is going to mandate that all of us drive electric F150s. Nothing else will be allowed. Some guy on the internet told me so it must be true.

Some people want to choose to shoot up heroin too, still doesn't go down well with regulators and cops :)
Really? You are going to compare doing drugs to having the right to drive ICE cars? Even then, I don't know how much drugs should be regulated. If people want to ruin their lives, let them. Just as long as strong laws are enforced when it affects others.
It's proven what drugs do. There is no proof that the end result of forcing EVs will have any effect on our planet.

Haven't you heard? "The government" is going to mandate that all of us drive electric F150s. Nothing else will be allowed. Some guy on the internet told me so it must be true.
I don’t have to rely on hearsay.

Government and Activists post their BS proudly.

The Mandate to ban Gas vehicles is still in effect.

Really? You are going to compare doing drugs to having the right to drive ICE cars? Even then, I don't know how much drugs should be regulated. If people want to ruin their lives, let them. Just as long as strong laws are enforced when it affects others.
It's proven what drugs do. There is no proof that the end result of forcing EVs will have any effect on our planet.
Exactly.
Legalize all drugs.
Make them register to get their drugs.
Tax them.

Eliminates Cartels, Black budget ops, gang funding, home theft, etc.

You hurt someone else well you pay the consequences.
Hurt yourself. Oky doky.

You want to screw up your life then go to it.
Darwin Awards for everyone.

One huge problem is nobody works on EVs. I talked to a wealthy guy(one of my customers) the other day that drives a Tesla Plaid. He lives in Wichita Falls where I live. He breaks down on the side of the road just outside of town. Has no idea wth is wrong with it. Has to call a tow truck to send this thing over 140 miles away to a Tesla service facility. Not only is the charging infrastructure not good, but there is no service infrastructure. I'm sure one day the EV industry will get their crap together, but today isn't it. Hell it may be another 10 years before that happens.

For that money you could purchase a Leaf with good battery pack that has far more KWH capacity and a real suspension, unlike a lawnmower-based golf cart. Takeoff the doors and fenders, add a roof rack, mount some oversized mud tires and you have a serious offroad vehicle.
Sir, I’m gonna need you to tone this rhetoric down.
If too many people see this comment then leaf prices will increase and I will be unsuccessful in making a leaf outfit for Mad Max…

So someone get me up to speed on what has happened in the last 12 hours.

So far I see that @Q-Dog and @Nobodybusiness are very close to round 15.

The plan for all of this that I heard over 15 years ago seems to be moving exactly as stated.
In stage one everything Gas powered will be moved over to Electric. Eventually It will become very expensive and undesirable to keep running anything on Fossil fuels. Soon after that it will be very hard and expensive to even get the fuel. Society will see anyone using gas for a private vehicle as a Pariah.
In the end days of Gas they will be using the same marketing campaign they used against the Cigarette companies. Just repackaged as a weapon against Hydrocarbons.

I remember as a kid in the winter driving in the back of my uncles car with my two cousins.
My uncle would have the Window up and go through half a pack of cigarettes during a 3 hour drive.
Today if a person lights up one cigarette and the wind even blows it into someones direction they will give the person a nasty stare and complain about how much it stinks. Things sometimes change very quickly.

Last edited:
One huge problem is nobody works on EVs. I talked to a wealthy guy(one of my customers) the other day that drives a Tesla Plaid. He lives in Wichita Falls where I live. He breaks down on the side of the road just outside of town. Has no idea wth is wrong with it. Has to call a tow truck to send this thing over 140 miles away to a Tesla service facility. Not only is the charging infrastructure not good, but there is no service infrastructure. I'm sure one day the EV industry will get their crap together, but today isn't it. Hell it may be another 10 years before that happens.
Had a friend who had a Model S and someone backed into his hood, took four months to get it fixed

You've not seen one of these in person I suspect. They are far more substantial than a golf cart. And that's no where near the price I'm paying, no way I'd pay MSRP or anywhere near it. A buddy is setting up dealership so we're helping each other out. Still I may be disappointed in 3 years or less if they go away like the GEM or Think did.

Back