diy solar

diy solar

I don't trust SOK batteries. My experience so far

Kodack

I ordered my batteries which were 'in stock' back in mid April. My credit card was charged immediately, and yet it never shipped. I waited days, weeks, and finally contacted them about it. I was told they would ship May 10th and that they only just arrived at their warehouse. I was then told it would ship within days, it's now 5/14 and now the story has changed and I'm being told they didn't arrive and they want me to wait another 10 days (A month and a half total).

There are several warning signs here. You don't charge somebody's card until you ship. You don't get it last week in your warehouse, and now suddenly you didn't get it and it won't arrive for 10 more days.

This wasn't a pre-order, there was no "we will ship in a month" at the time of purchase, and my receipt said "We're getting your order ready to be shipped" that was back on April 19th.

Buyer beware. I asked for a refund

I ordered my batteries which were 'in stock' back in mid April. My credit card was charged immediately, and yet it never shipped. I waited days, weeks, and finally contacted them about it. I was told they would ship May 10th and that they only just arrived at their warehouse. I was then told it would ship within days, it's now 5/14 and now the story has changed and I'm being told they didn't arrive and they want me to wait another 10 days (A month and a half total).

There are several warning signs here. You don't charge somebody's card until you ship. You don't get it last week in your warehouse, and now suddenly you didn't get it and it won't arrive for 10 more days.

This wasn't a pre-order, there was no "we will ship in a month" at the time of purchase, and my receipt said "We're getting your order ready to be shipped" that was back on April 19th.

Buyer beware. I asked for a refund
I bought 4 myself. They are great batteries. Shipping issues are worldwide. Supply chain is hosed for almost every business. Just be patient. My first two came in two weeks, the second two took 3 months, but they came.

You're welcome to do business like that but I don't like that the expectation was for immediate ship, that they keep changing their story, and that they charged up front before shipping. Those are all huge warning signs. If you don't understand why that is risky to you, or are willing to take the risk then be my guest.

They just replied and agreed to cancel. At least I didn't have to wait long. Hopefully the refund goes smoothly.

Reactions: Luc
I've been refunded promptly. If they set expectations on when something will ship at the time the order is placed, and if they pro-actively communicate updates, and don't charge for an item until it ships, they will inspire more confidence from buyers. And I do agree their batteries seem pretty awesome but I don't regret cancelling.

Reactions: Luc
I fully agree with you that they shouldn't charge anyone's credit card until they ship, but a lot of merchants do that, so it's not unusual or necessarily a huge warning sign. But I don't blame you for not liking being pre-charged, I sure don't.

On the April 2021 pre-order, they never stated that the batteries were in stock and made it very clear that they wouldn't ship until May 10th. I know this because I ordered two in April myself. I was well aware that I wouldn't receive them until May.

I too am still waiting for my batteries to arrive. Given all the recent worldwide issues with shortages and shipping, especially from China, I'm not surprised that they're late. To be realistic, I think it might be a few more weeks before they'll arrive. I don't fully blame this on SOK, I imagine that they're doing their best given the circumstances which are beyond their control. What they should do is simply be open and honest with their customers rather than making any lame excuses or making promises on dates that they can't keep.

However, the fact that they promptly refunded your money upon your request shows that they're not trying to cheat anyone, they simply have supply issues.

I have no intention of cancelling my order at this time because their products and prices are very good and worth the wait. If I still don't receive the batteries within 3-4 weeks, I may then request a refund. I have no concerns about this because even if they didn't agree, I would only need to contact my credit card company to cancel the payment. Non-receipt within a reasonable timeframe of a promised order is grounds for a credit card company to cancel payment to a merchant upon a customer's request.

I don't blame you for cancelling your order but unfortunately, giving what's going on worldwide, if any of us want these products, a lot of patience is probably required.

It's not so much the waiting, but you run out of time to file with credit card by them charging on day 1. So if it is a scam your to late to contest it.
My brother bought a grandfather clock once with a 3 month delivery date, and the company went bankrupt so he was SOL contesting the charge.
7 months later it arrived, he got lucky and they shipped stock to some people while liquidating I guess.

Most credit card companies allow 120 days to file a dispute, but that's just a general figure. If you explained that the shipment alone took 30 days or longer to even arrive, that would be taken into account. Even then, 120 days would still be enough.

I just communicated with SOK a couple of days ago, they actually called me on the phone to apologize for the delay and to inform me that my batteries should ship this week.

Based upon SOK's past reputation, good communication, and excellent products, this does not have the feel of a scam, rather it's simply difficult to get goods and supplies from China right now.

Most credit card companies allow 120 days to file a dispute, but that's just a general figure. If you explained that the shipment alone took 30 days or longer to even arrive, that would be taken into account. Even then, 120 days would still be enough.

I just communicated with SOK a couple of days ago, they actually called me on the phone to apologize for the delay and to inform me that my batteries should ship this week.

Based upon SOK's past reputation, good communication, and excellent products, this does not have the feel of a scam, rather it's simply difficult to get goods and supplies from China right now.
I have to concur. I have had nothing but good experience with SOK and their products so far.

Same here, I ordered 4-100Ah batteries on April 18th and received all 4 on May 14th. I have nothing but good things to say about my only experience with SOK

I received my two SOK batteries yesterday. No one should need to worry about ordering from SOK. Just expect about 3-5 weeks delivery time until supplies improve.

ive seen a few bad reviews, (along with a lot of good reviews), about SOKs on this forum. the number of good do outweigh the number of bad. Could also check the reviews on amazon. At any rate, i would inspect my package/shipment carefully, to be safe.

That said, I don’t think you have to worry about an outright scam. Just be on top of it like anything else you import from china.

I have to concur. I have had nothing but good experience with SOK and their products so far.
Yes, we know the shipping is out of control now...and there is nothing we could do about this, but we would do our best to ship out ASAP. And thank you so much for your understanding and waiting ! I believe SOK battery worth waiting.

I have had a great experience with SOK. Yes, shipping is slow and somewhat unpredictable for them, And literally every other merchant in the US. But they did ship eventually, and I am extremely pleased with my battery. I would not hesitate to order from them again. Re: charging as soon as the order is placed. This has been the same practice as SOK, Overkill solar, and Michael. I am fine with that practice when I am working with a small vendor working with specialized items.

I have a very strict policy" Do not lie to me."
Tell me what it is, and 9999 times out of 10000 I will understand and hang in there. Lie to me, and I am through with the company. That more companies do not understand this is beyond my comprehension.

Back