diy solar

diy solar

I really like the new powerpro battery..

Can't believe I moved all of those batteries after leg day ? I'm never going back. I thought, what do I really want for a system. Ruixu stack and propower packs are my favorite. Almost 60kWh:
20230812_113350.jpg20230812_113358.jpg20230812_113411.jpg20230812_112549.jpg

I need to rewire this system and make it look cool. But damn, it's beautiful! So much space!

I think if you want to just buy one, or if you need ul, then probably the way to go. But I'll stick with my DIY. Under $3k each, 304ah, only 16" X 24", and around 210 pounds. I really wonder why their battery is so big and heavy. Pretty sure if I can squeeze the cells in this cabinet, they could too.

20230729_151507.jpg

I might buy one of these to test in my auxillary system. I'll have to build a special insulated shed/room I can load this with my tractor fork lift....

I think if you want to just buy one, or if you need ul, then probably the way to go. But I'll stick with my DIY. Under $3k each, 304ah, only 16" X 24", and around 210 pounds. I really wonder why their battery is so big and heavy. Pretty sure if I can squeeze the cells in this cabinet, they could too.

View attachment 162430
Nice! One of my raw cells systems is still running:
20230812_115220.jpg
The videos didn't get many views so I stopped making DIY raw cell systems. I really wish people shared those videos and got more views so I can make more of them. Oh well. I have to do what the people want.

Weight is the problem. They should make it in two cabinets you stack together. Ul9540 allows you to put 2 in the basement, 2 in the garage, and 2 outside. 6x14, or 84kWh.

Weight is the problem. They should make it in two cabinets you stack together. Ul9540 allows you to put 2 in the basement, 2 in the garage, and 2 outside. 6x14, or 84kWh.
Don't they have to be three feet apart? Or would these be tested together in "clusters" of two and three to be permitted that way?

View attachment 162430
Most likely the outdoor rating, and heat sink design contribute to the weight. Not to mention the heaters, and insulation…

I think anybody could figure it out though if they read the whole manual. I think there should be a tutorial on designating the master battery right after the communication protocol set up.
HaHa rtfm lol.
I still would need to see some real-world tests in cold environments
I want to see hot states test's outside.
How would this (and the 18kPV) stand up to hail?
The metalwork is wayyyy thicker than a car, they should be fine. Who is going to do a baseball test !!!!
I think there's a limit of three when using the eg18k per the release thread.
Because of the supplied connectors and cables.
What's needed is to be a UL listed ESS together with the inverter.
Coming in the Autumn I understand.
Don't they have to be three feet apart?
12" per the manual.

Very nice video on this by the way. Might I suggest safety locks on the case in the next release to prevent tampering? Especially if placed outside.

Last edited:
I didn't realize it until last night, but I think this battery is pretty sweet. The look, form factor, busbar with quick connectors, communication ability, internal heaters, outdoor rated and the list goes on.

Now I want to dump my server rack batteries. Which one would you rather have. This setup:
View attachment 162371
Or four of these:
View attachment 162372

I just love the look. I love sci-fi movies and I want to make a system that looks really cool. I'm thinking four batteries and an 18K would do everything I need.

The communication set up was a bit difficult. I should probably make a setup video for beginners. I think anybody could figure it out though if they read the whole manual. I think there should be a tutorial on designating the master battery right after the communication protocol set up.

But besides that, this battery is pretty impressive. I'm going to be asking all of the other companies why they don't have this type of battery. Hopefully we can get some healthy competition into the market.

What do you guys think. Is there anything that you dislike about this battery that I'm missing? I really didn't think I was going to like it but seeing it in my shop in person, makes me want only these batteries now. I think I might move my server rack batteries into my garage today. I only have two power pro batteries but I could run everything I need with them. I'm almost at 5 megawatt hours with my 18K, so I really don't need to push tons of loads through it anymore. Making a beautiful system would be fun. I want to add LED lights behind it and make it pop :)
That would be cool with the lights

I didn't realize it until last night, but I think this battery is pretty sweet. The look, form factor, busbar with quick connectors, communication ability, internal heaters, outdoor rated and the list goes on.

Now I want to dump my server rack batteries. Which one would you rather have. This setup:
View attachment 162371
Or four of these:
View attachment 162372

I just love the look. I love sci-fi movies and I want to make a system that looks really cool. I'm thinking four batteries and an 18K would do everything I need.

The communication set up was a bit difficult. I should probably make a setup video for beginners. I think anybody could figure it out though if they read the whole manual. I think there should be a tutorial on designating the master battery right after the communication protocol set up.

But besides that, this battery is pretty impressive. I'm going to be asking all of the other companies why they don't have this type of battery. Hopefully we can get some healthy competition into the market.

What do you guys think. Is there anything that you dislike about this battery that I'm missing? I really didn't think I was going to like it but seeing it in my shop in person, makes me want only these batteries now. I think I might move my server rack batteries into my garage today. I only have two power pro batteries but I could run everything I need with them. I'm almost at 5 megawatt hours with my 18K, so I really don't need to push tons of loads through it anymore. Making a beautiful system would be fun. I want to add LED lights behind it and make it pop :)
Have you tried it outside yet?

Are there any EG4 Inverters that work outside?

diy solar

diy solar
Back