diy solar

diy solar

Install and Operation of the SUNGOLD 10KW 48V SPLIT PHASE SOLAR INVERTER

I've reached out to Sungold to see if they have windows software that talks directly to their batteries and what cable/connection to use for such.
Looks like the BMS has a good selection of inverters to communicate with. Are there settings on the screen to change the protocol? Might try PACE, SEPLOS and maybe even EG4 software.

Attachments

• IMG_4003.png
    IMG_4003.png
    218.4 KB · Views: 6
Looks like the BMS has a good selection of inverters to communicate with. Are there settings on the screen to change the protocol? Might try PACE, SEPLOS and maybe even EG4 software.
According to the manual, there should be...
It should be a matter of setting the protocol on the display, connecting the correct cable and selecting the chosen protocol in SA.

I wish I could capture/cut paste the list...damn... There's all this on the Solar Assistant Battery Page:

but....
What does the cable look like for connecting from PI to battery? USB one side and RJ45 on the other?
When i say screen, looks like the battery itself can be configured for different protocols. Is the battery config on the SGP protocol?

There should be multiple options that work for you.

Attachments

• IMG_20231110_120236.jpg
    IMG_20231110_120236.jpg
    546.1 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_20231110_120301.jpg
    IMG_20231110_120301.jpg
    474.7 KB · Views: 4
Maybe I'm just doing something stupid, but I've tried with a couple of different attempts at usb to Rj11 as well as a usb to Rj485 into the main rj485 port of battery #1 and none of the selections under Solar Assistant Battery configuration will connect ... dunno...

Here is the usb->Rj485 I got from amazon, (the Solar Assistant RJ485 cable won't be here til next week but I suspect it's the same as the Amazon one dunno...lot's of unknown unknowns in this)

also tried the above with adapter to rj11: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BTHRRRQ1?th=1

and tried this USB->rj11: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B082DFFHVM

and yes I tried all the options in Solar Assistant battery configuration.

I also tried connecting the RJ485 into different ports on the battery (A,B,C) ...

Nada, nothing, no connection, no communication...

(Maybe the SA Cable is different ...)

You'd think, wouldn't you?

The Solar Assistant support person suggest I should get _something_ via the USB Serial RS232/485 ...but nothing...no connection...
What protocol/inverter spec is your BMS set to on the battery?

What protocol/inverter spec is your BMS set to on the battery?
The Solar Assistant says :

Battery settings - edit

Battery type
Lithium 16 cell
Battery BMS type
RS485
Battery BMS protocol
Uz Energy
To grid battery voltage
12.3 V
Back to battery voltage
14.4 V
Shutdown battery voltage
12.0 V
Battery low voltage alarm start
12.4 V
Battery low voltage alarm stop
13.2 V
Battery over discharge voltage
0.0 V
Battery over discharge delay
30 s

but those voltage values can't be right for a 48 v battery eh?

Just went through all the info on the battery display itself and I don't see anything about BMS....communication says 9600 Baud...

The Solar Assistant says :

Battery settings - edit

Battery type
Lithium 16 cell
Battery BMS type
RS485
Battery BMS protocol
Uz Energy
To grid battery voltage
12.3 V
Back to battery voltage
14.4 V
Shutdown battery voltage
12.0 V
Battery low voltage alarm start
12.4 V
Battery low voltage alarm stop
13.2 V
Battery over discharge voltage
0.0 V
Battery over discharge delay
30 s

but those voltage values can't be right for a 48 v battery eh?
Not SA, on the BMS screen on the battery. According to the sales sheet you can modify the BMS for different inverters/protocols. Check and see what the BMS is set to.

Not SA, on the BMS screen on the battery. According to the sales sheet you can modify the BMS for different inverters/protocols. Check and see what the BMS is set to.
It ain't there. There's one selection "Para Setting" when selected says "Non-production manufacturer can not use"
??

As per earlier discussion Sungold said to set the Inverter battery params to:

------
Set the 08 to LFP16,
32 To 485,
33 To PYL.
If no 58 code anymore, that means the BMS has been built successfully.
------

that is 16 cells, 485 communication, protocol Pylontech

a thought just struck me...param 32 default is SLA (PC and remote monitoring protocols)" maybe I have to change that back to the default for Comm to work to the Raspberry Pi/SA...

Oops, Bad Thought....that's only the inverter...wouldn't have anything to do with plugging into the battery directly.

As per earlier discussion Sungold said to set the Inverter battery params to:

------
Set the 08 to LFP16,
32 To 485,
33 To PYL.
If no 58 code anymore, that means the BMS has been built successfully.
------

that is 16 cells, 485 communication, protocol Pylontech

a thought just struck me...param 32 default is SLA (PC and remote monitoring protocols)" maybe I have to change that back to the default for Comm to work to the Raspberry Pi/SA...

Oops, Bad Thought....that's only the inverter...wouldn't have anything to do with plugging into the battery directly.
Check this out. Looks like this person was able to get into the battery BMS using SOK tools and Rs485 cable. I bet something has to be changed in the BMS to get this working, not the inverter or SA.

Check this out. Looks like this person was able to get into the battery BMS using SOK tools and Rs485 cable. I bet something has to be changed in the BMS to get this working, not the inverter or SA.
And a great video from Dexter explaining everything...

Ha! See how they Marked the Cable ends for Battery and for Inverter
The bozo's at Sungold had no idea what I was trying to tell them about their supplied cable!
Remember Dexter said in the video that was for a Voltroic inverter. SRNE may be different. Definitely connect up the battery to a PC and see what the BMS is set to.

Seems to be the first SRNE Sungold. Not sure if the Voltronic settings will work or not.

Remember Dexter said in the video that was for a Voltroic inverter. SRNE may be different. Definitely connect up the battery to a PC and see what the BMS is set to.

Seems to be the first SRNE Sungold. Not sure if the Voltronic settings will work or not.
It's got identical firmware rev number per comparison with @42OhmsPA in his thread.

if only. :) We'll see what Sungold says about PC software for talking to their battery and what cable....

if only. :) We'll see what Sungold says about PC software for talking to their battery and what cable....
Use the SOK PC software as mentioned in that linked thread above. If the battery came with the cables seen in Dexters video for PC connection it should work since it’s a PACE BMS.

Use the SOK PC software as mentioned in that linked thread above. If the battery came with the cables seen in Dexters video for PC connection it should work since it’s a PACE BMS.
I see.....tried that (both the 2022 and the 2023 software) from manual/current connected and with both variations of the usb -> rj11 I have and still nothing. :(

diy solar

diy solar
Back