diy solar

diy solar

Install and Operation of the SUNGOLD 10KW 48V SPLIT PHASE SOLAR INVERTER

batteries?
Yes. Pace bms in the batteries. Need to connect to them with a PC to change settings. Assumed the cables would have come in the battery packaging like Dexter noted with the SOKs in the video.

Yes. Pace bms in the batteries. Need to connect to them with a PC to change settings. Assumed the cables would have come in the battery packaging like Dexter noted with the SOKs in the video.
Yeah maybe they come with the SOK batteries, but not with the Sungold but I have seen places say to use that type of connecting/converting cable

Okay couple of hours later....one battery connected and inverter appears to be working... output 120 and 240 as expected. Sun is not up yet so waiting to connect panels.

Call me nervous nelly but I'm a bit afraid to disconnect from my Delta Pro and connect to the Sungold 10K.....

(the way it is currently set up it is just a matter of unplugging and plugging the power cord from the transfer switch....)

If I don't make it back let them know I gave it my best shot! :LOL::ROFLMAO:
Question I am getting the same unit, how did you connect the ac input sence it only hase L/N and ground separate. I was told to use red for L and black for N sence input is 240v is the correct. I have another unit but is european and the ground is bonded to the N was not sure. Any suggestions will appreciated it..

Got my remaining 2 batteries....connected them in and the average SOC immediately dropped from 80 to 67... It's definitely reading info from the batteries....I guess...I'm new here...

But now storage up to 25.5 Kwh - my panels will have work to do to charge them all up. :) :) :)

Just looking at Solar Assistant ... had 8.9 kWh today from the panels

PXL_20231110_232911779.jpg

I gotta get this thing properly installed on the wall! And probably get those batteries in a rack...

Last edited:
Question I am getting the same unit, how did you connect the ac input sence it only hase L/N and ground separate. I was told to use red for L and black for N sence input is 240v is the correct
Depends on how you are wiring it up. If 240 ac input then Black - L1, Red - L2, White - N
If you are only using 120 there is an alternate connection where Black feeds both L1 and L2 and White is N
take a look at the manual - you can download it before you purchase the system. It has the wiring/connection diagrams.

I think you'll love it if you don't rely on the Sungold wifi, best to replace it as I did with Solar Assistant....and as you probably know I'm still trying to work out the battery monitoring 'issues' but it's working fine batteries, charging, AC and all!

Good Choice of inverter in my mind!

Last edited:
Question I am getting the same unit, how did you connect the ac input sence it only hase L/N and ground separate. I was told to use red for L and black for N sence input is 240v is the correct. I have another unit but is european and the ground is bonded to the N was not sure. Any suggestions will appreciated it..
What unit are you buying?
The one referenced in this thread has L1, L2, N and G.

Photos here. https://diysolarforum.com/threads/1mwh-srne-asf48100u200-h-10kw-👍🏻-👍🏻.67809/post-856183

Got my remaining 2 batteries....connected them in and the average SOC immediately dropped from 80 to 67... It's definitely reading info from the batteries....I guess...I'm new here...

But now storage up to 25.5 Kwh - my panels will have work to do to charge them all up. :) :) :)
You might be new but you're not afraid to learn. ?? ??
It's considered best practice to make sure packs are very close to the same voltage before connecting them in parallel, this reduces massive amounts of current transfer when they try to equalize.
(at least that's what I've read and makes sense to me.)

You might be new but you're not afraid to learn. ?? ??
It's considered best practice to make sure packs are very close to the same voltage before connecting them in parallel, this reduces massive amounts of current transfer when they try to equalize.
(at least that's what I've read and makes sense to me.)

As I tell the electricians that I've had in for quotes.... I'm an Electrical Engineer (true) but that only makes me dangerous!

Yeah, I'm sure that could be an issue but they were 'close' -- the system batteries were at 70-80 SOC and the new ones were maybe 60?

You're right though....I'm hoping/trusting that the BMS will manage it if they are reasonably close...

Depends on how you are wiring it up. If 240 ac input then Black - L1, Red - L2, White - N
If you are only using 120 there is an alternate connection where Black feeds both L1 and L2 and White is N
take a look at the manual - you can download it before you purchase the system. It has the wiring/connection diagrams.

I think you'll love it if you don't rely on wifi or replace it as I did with Solar Assistant....and as you probably know I'm still trying to work out the battery monitoring 'issues' but it's working fine batteries, charging, AC and all!

Good Choice of inverter in my mind!
As I tell the electricians that I've had in for quotes.... I'm an Electrical Engineer (true) but that only makes me dangerous!

Yeah, I'm sure that could be an issue but they were 'close' -- the system batteries were at 70-80 SOC and the new ones were maybe 60?

You're right though....I'm hoping/trusting that the BMS will manage it if they are reasonably close...
Thank for replying so the powmr I was looking at is 10k split phase well all three units are the same but I only see L/N is yours the same. So this inverter are not bonded like the 240 European.. I am sorry excuse my ignorance I seen so many post and videos on the inverters and no help..

Thank for replying so the powmr I was looking at is 10k split phase well all three units are the same but I only see L/N is yours the same. So this inverter are not bonded like the 240 European.. I am sorry excuse my ignorance I seen so many post and videos on the inverters and no help..
My understanding is that it can be, depending on your setup. The thing I've been told is that to meet code the bonding should be done at the main AC panel only. But I'm new to this game as well.

The Sungold version is just a rebranding of the same SRNE inverter.

Got the orange pi and sa installed, man solar assistant is an absolutely fantastic build. I am just now digging in. I’ve gone nuts with the liquid tight lines I even ran the usb in a line lmao ED81472D-8EA4-485B-B194-D75C02B69367.jpeg147AA573-C622-48F7-BCA1-AA2579DA1895.jpegB7889DFA-96C3-449E-9D05-2B0F6169C313.jpeg

Something else besides the battery details seems off with solar assistant now.... shouldn't my load watts match my battery watts?
I thought it did before I connected the two additional batteries but now it seems wrong.

for example right now Load is showing about 200 W and battery is showing -38 watts

??

Something else besides the battery details seems off with solar assistant now.... shouldn't my load watts match my battery watts?
I thought it did before I connected the two additional batteries but now it seems wrong.

for example right now Load is showing about 200 W and battery is showing -38 watts

??
This is likely due to the sampling frequency of the inverter vs batteries. If you tap/click the inverter icon you can get raw data. (I think it refreshes faster but I haven't confirmed it).
It could also be the idle consumption if you didn't program it into SA under the inverter settings in the configuration page (you have to disconnect from the inverter, in SA, before you can make the changes.)

I'm not seeing any 'idle consumption' setting/parameter and when I disconnect I can't see/change any settings.... dunno...

I swear it was matching before I connected the two new batteries. I'm afraid I may have screwed something up or maybe it has something to do with equalization of the 5 batteries.

So many questions, so many unknowns. :(

I ordered/re-ordered the Sungold Rack for the batteries. After checking other options I figure it will work as good as any and will get my batteries off the ground and on wheels. :)

I'm unsure whether to order/try the DB9 Type usb -> battery rs232 or not....I'm pretty frustrated with this whole deal.

Maybe I need one of these - https://www.amazon.com/Professional-Through-Crimping-End-Pass-Through-Connectors/dp/B07T69GMCM then I can really go to town! :)
Ha. I used that exact tool when I hardwired my entire house. Every room has two CAT6 drops in it.

Sungold has to have a solution. If anyone else is buying these batteries, there has to be a way to switch protocols via PC since they support so many supported according to documentation.

Ha. I used that exact tool when I hardwired my entire house. Every room has two CAT6 drops in it.

Sungold has to have a solution. If anyone else is buying these batteries, there has to be a way to switch protocols via PC since they support so many supported according to documentation.
You'd think, but my communication with them has been problematic....seemingly mostly due to language barrier... :(

I did go to the inverter and try changing the protocol from Pylontech to Pace and just got an error condition.

diy solar

diy solar
Back