diy solar

diy solar

Install and Operation of the SUNGOLD 10KW 48V SPLIT PHASE SOLAR INVERTER

Your bulk charging is much lower then mine I have mine set at 55.3 Off grid garage did several tests on many different lithium batteries and 3.45 per cell seems to be the magic number and it works well for me as well. I set my float to 55.2 help balance them out. After bulk charged is reached and according to my victron shunt I got 399ah out of my 4 batteries before it switched over to grid which I have set to 47 volts which I know is really low but I want all the good I can out of the batteries I think calendar aging will kill them before my deep discharge does and it doesn’t happen very often.
Yes ... agree.... I want to be as Off-Grid as I can!

How’s she lookin this morning? Gonna go back off grid for the day?
No Solar Assistant because of no Internet but looking good... Going to run normal... Off grid...solar and batteries....in USER mode...

Pray for Internet.?

No Solar Assistant because of no Internet but looking good... Going to run normal... Off grid...solar and batteries....in USER mode...

Pray for Internet.?
Might be time to hop on the starlink train ?

I had T-Mobile Home Internet and overlapped with Quantum Fiber for a few months til I knew it was stable..???
I miss fiber. I love my starlink reliability, just disappointed with latency when gaming.
Apparently T-Mobile and starlink have an agreement so by 2025 a T-Mobile user can still have service outside of cell coverage by bouncing signal from starlink.
Has me tempted to drop Verizon at the same time.
When we moved to the woods we lost access to robust internet

Woohoo, lookit that!
(went to Solar Assistant direct via the router)

THIS WAS FROM LAST NIGHT BEFORE I UNPLUGGED SA to Plug in PBMSTools

Screenshot 2024-01-17 090338.png

Last edited:
That didn't see to come through very clearly let's try again...
Lookit that!

THIS WAS FROM LAST NIGHT BEFORE I UNPLUGGED SA to Plug in PBMSTools

Screenshot 2024-01-17 091204.png

Last edited:
Man those cells look a lot better! Largest variance of .003v vs a previous of .01 or more

Unfortunately BMS defaults are all over the place and generally wrong. These box shifters have no idea how to set these up or even what you are talking about.
Once they had taken your payment and shipped your units they really will not talk to you ever again.

Unfortunately BMS defaults are all over the place and generally wrong. These box shifters have no idea how to set these up or even what you are talking about.
Once they had taken your payment and shipped your units they really will not talk to you ever again.
Exactly!!!

Cell 9 most likely triggered HVD.

Today battery 1 (which is now address 2 and no longer the master) again got into OVP and again it is cell 9. So this battery stopped at 54.52V.

The other 4 batteries still accept a small charge. One cell is as high as 3497mV but no OVP. BMS status says "full" instead. All4 batteries show 56.30 to 56.34V (while under charge)

What can I do about the one that goes OVP? Just ignore it?

All 5 will be perfectly balanced at/ after sunset.

Not so balanced right now:
20240117_125823.jpg

Today battery 1 (which is now address 2 and no longer the master) again got into OVP and again it is cell 9. So this battery stopped at 54.52V.

The other 4 batteries still accept a small charge. One cell is as high as 3497mV but no OVP. BMS status says "full" instead. All4 batteries show 56.30 to 56.34V (while under charge)

What can I do about the one that goes OVP? Just ignore it?
Lots of options. Post in thread 'Install and Operation of the SUNGOLD 10KW 48V SPLIT PHASE SOLAR INVERTER' https://diysolarforum.com/threads/i...-split-phase-solar-inverter.71345/post-980170

I'd reduce charging voltage and max charging current to start.
All 5 will be perfectly balanced at/ after sunset.
Will they or will voltages drop to the flat part of the curve?
Not so balanced right now:
View attachment 189558
Don't feel bad, mine aren't either.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240117-162114.jpg
    Screenshot_20240117-162114.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 3
Fully charged by mid afternoon...maybe still a bit of balancing going on...

and btw the changes I made to the bms last night (Balance Threshold (3.5 -> 3.4 and Balance Delta 30 -> 20) did not change in all 5 BMSs as I thought. It has to do with connecting, disconnecting and reconnecting to the new battery... the PBMStools seems to hold the info in the BMS Parameters screen unless you follow the full disconnect the application, unplug and move the rs232 cable , reconnect, re-read the BMS Parameters.
(If you reread them without disconnecting and reconnecting it appears to hold the previous information)

Screenshot 2024-01-17 144300.png

Fully charged by mid afternoon...maybe still a bit of balancing going on...

and btw the changes I made to the bms last night (Balance Threshold (3.5 -> 3.4 and Balance Delta 30 -> 20) did not change in all 5 BMSs as I thought. It has to do with connecting, disconnecting and reconnecting to the new battery... the PBMStools seems to hold the info in the BMS Parameters screen unless you follow the full disconnect the application, unplug and move the rs232 cable , reconnect, re-read the BMS Parameters.
(If you reread them without disconnecting and reconnecting it appears to hold the previous information)

View attachment 189565
I'd be watching packs 2 and 5 closely. They likely won't have full capacity since the cells that are still below 3.3xV aren't full...

I'd be watching packs 2 and 5 closely. They likely won't have full capacity since the cells that are still below 3.3xV aren't full...
I'm not quite sure what you are talking about because they are all above 3.3 in that referenced image.

Oh you probably mean they are not all 3.4

We'll get there eventually.... ?

P.S. I'm just thrilled that it ran normally, charged to 100% and stopped. Yes!!!

Last edited:
This should be pinned at the top of this thread, if the forum software provides such a thing.
Was this relationship not true on yours or was some deviation causing a problem?

I agree it may be important, I'm still not certain though. I'm still learning all this and that and everything.

diy solar

diy solar
Back