diy solar

diy solar

Just Place new Order on Alibaba- 280AH x 8 for 1260.00 USD Delivered, Grade A to Canada

Anyone who has these assembled in a 4x2 configuration can I get an exact measurement of LxW ?

I just recieved my order of 8 cells from Zuba. They came in two boxes that looked undamaged. One box had 4 perfect cells. The other box, had 4 cells, every one of which is damaged. I inspected the shipping boxes and there is no apparent damage or evidence of abuse. All 8 cells were very well packaged. To me, it looks like the cells were dropped as every one has corner damage, which is not easy to do with the double boxed shipping setup. I am working with Amy to rectify this situation. I cannot tell if the cells are internally damaged but am reluctant to use them in their current state.

Attachments

• Damaged batteries_1948.jpg
    Damaged batteries_1948.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 75
  • Damaged batteries_1949.jpg
    Damaged batteries_1949.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 77
  • Damaged batteries_1952.jpg
    Damaged batteries_1952.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 72
  • Damaged batteries_1960.jpg
    Damaged batteries_1960.jpg
    156.1 KB · Views: 69
  • Damaged batteries_1961.jpg
    Damaged batteries_1961.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 66
Steve. Besides the damages.. any surprise fees with your sea shipping?

Steve. Besides the damages.. any surprise fees with your sea shipping?

no surprise fees. Everything was fine until I unwrapped the cells. I cannot see how they could have been damaged after boxing since there is no damage to the outside box or the inside box. No dents on the inside box where the cells were damaged either. I post a photo of the inside of the box which is pristine.

no surprise fees. Everything was fine until I unwrapped the cells. I cannot see how they could have been damaged after boxing since there is no damage to the outside box or the inside box. No dents on the inside box where the cells were damaged either. I post a photo of the inside of the box which is pristine.

Wow, that's going to be tough to prove a shipping claim. I'm sorry about the frustration you're going to be going through now.

Ugh. This makes me nervous for my own order! I wonder if I should ask specifically for photos and video of the undamaged cells as they are being packed.

Hey SteveCA, sorry to hear that. Ugly and sad. Cardboard is resilient. Which is good and bad. A cardboard box will deform and spring back into shape without much evidence of crushing while anything rigid (like these cells) inside is crushed. This could happen when the careful Fedex/UPS guy throws the box from the dock into the back of the truck. Or when your box is under a flat bottomed plywood box with a couple of truck engines in it, in the shipping container at sea and the boat hits 30 ft waves and the big wooden box uses your box as cushioning after it bounces up and free falls back down. None of this helps you, but a shipping claim is the way to go.

Pacer, I would respectfully suggest you request, and pay extra if necessary, a plywood wooden box. It may not totally protect your cells from the same problem, but the plywood will have been smashed and you can refuse to accept delivery.

I guarantee you both Amy is not sending out damaged cells, and she personally checks every order going to people from this forum.

Hey SteveCA, sorry to hear that. Ugly and sad. Cardboard is resilient. Which is good and bad. A cardboard box will deform and spring back into shape without much evidence of crushing while anything rigid (like these cells) inside is crushed. This could happen when the careful Fedex/UPS guy throws the box from the dock into the back of the truck. Or when your box is under a flat bottomed plywood box with a couple of truck engines in it, in the shipping container at sea and the boat hits 30 ft waves and the big wooden box uses your box as cushioning after it bounces up and free falls back down. None of this helps you, but a shipping claim is the way to go.

Pacer, I would respectfully suggest you request, and pay extra if necessary, a plywood wooden box. It may not totally protect your cells from the same problem, but the plywood will have been smashed and you can refuse to accept delivery.

I guarantee you both Amy is not sending out damaged cells, and she personally checks every order going to people from this forum.

Thank you for the advice. I am in contact with Amy and she is considering only 2 batteries per box (with more protection), which may make for safer transport. However, in my opinion, this also opens up for the possibility of an incomplete delivered order in the worst case.

I’m hoping the damaged order was a fluke, and Amy has indicated that they will be taking care of that.

I have every reason to believe that Zumba will take care of this issue. They have been great to work with. The cells were very well packaged which made the damage very surprising to find. The batteries were double boxed and individually wrapped in foam.

I would suggest that they should protect the corners with high density foam and the wrap the battery with more foam. I’ve ordered Tesla modules in the past and those came completely encased in high density foam and arrived in pristine condition

Wow, that's going to be tough to prove a shipping claim. I'm sorry about the frustration you're going to be going through now.
Based on my inspection of the box, no shipper would entertain a claim. I’m not frustrated, just dealing with Amy to rectify the issue.

I received 16 pristine cells by train to Sweden. All cells were at 3.29v and once hooked up to my Daly BMS I charged the pack with 10.3 kwh at 30A/48V with my Victron Multiplus at which point one cell hit 3.7. Now waiting for my bench power supply so I can top balance and properly capacity test, but have little doubt they will anything but check out.

They are EVE, I ordered the same cell from Dongguan Billion Electronic Technology

I paid $288.00 for 4 cells and $242.00 (total: $530.00 US) shipped to Canada.

Here is the specification:
Re: your post "They are EVE, I ordered the same cell from Dongguan Billion Electronic Technology" from Jan 2020. I just purchased 8 280 Ah cells April 4, 2020 from Xuba; while seeing Tim at Dongguan Billion Electronic Technology offering better prices. Question: Are you happy with the 280 Ah batteries you obtained? Did you test em for capacity? Wondering for a future reference. ... Bill in Northern California.

The lack of honesty and demands to members. I guess red flags might be an extreme way of phrasing it. Either way it’s concerning.

It's up to you on if you want to take the risk. Personally I don't believe they are EVE cells but I also don't regret buying them yet either. They are appearing to be as advertised AH wise so far and that's what counts to me.

It's up to you on if you want to take the risk. Personally I don't believe they are EVE cells but I also don't regret buying them yet either. They are appearing to be as advertised AH wise so far and that's what counts to me.
EVE Corporate CONFIRMED they are theirs, regardless if they got stupid and wanted the confirmation post removed. They have their reasons, whatever they are, most likely to do with competing vendors complaining about stuff.

Back