diy solar

diy solar

New Supplier for 280Ah cells: Shenzen Basen

It looks like Deligreen and Xuba raised their prices. But I think Basen is still the same.
I was wrong about Deligreen's rating. At the moment Xuba and Basen have a better rating than Deligreen on Alibaba anyway.

Alex just quoted me 77ea for 16 plus 229 shipped to tx. $1461 total. Think I'm going to give them a shot. Still waiting on two other quotes though

What's that $50 ? Honestly even if they added it on after the quote they're still cheaper.
I wanted to buy from Amy at xuba but she just can't match the price. She's at 82 per cell and 320 shipping I think it was. I even offered to buy from her if she could get to within 100 dollars but doesn't appear to be able to.
I'm just a bit worried this company isn't a gold star rated one

I'm just a bit worried this company isn't a gold star rated one

Which company are you referring to here? And what do you mean by Gold Star, is this something different than "Gold Supplier"?

No that's what I meant I guess. And I mean shenzhen basen. It's not listed as one that I saw.

I'm not 100% clear on how Alibaba badges and certifications work. But if you click on the Shenzhen Basen's company name, it shows 'Gold Supplier 4 years', though the 'gold supplier' badge is not displayed in the top right as it is with Xuba, not sure if that has meaning or not.

I also just realized "Shenzhen Basen Technology Co., Ltd." has two Alibaba storefronts.

sibeile.en.alibaba.com (8 years gold supplier, contact: Alex Chen) <-- The one @Haugen linked to (bought from?)
basen.en.alibaba.com (4 years gold supplier, contact: Alex Chen) <-- The one you (@Greybeard) linked to.

Bath have had onsite verifications through Alibaba, both have been Gold suppliers for multiple years, both have pictures of the same offices.

Ready to order the 280ah Haugen linked and then I noticed in the shipping information that it ships DAP: Custom duties and import taxes are NOT included.

Does anyone know what the extra duty/import tax would be?

Last edited:
Yea ask for the door to door. My quote came with no duties or fees door to door shipping. They did add $29 insurance
I'm having a hard time paying but it's not their fault. My credit card wants an approval for a transaction that big and it's texting a code to a phone number I don't anymore

Yea ask for the door to door. My quote came with no duties or fees door to door shipping. They did add $29 insurance
I'm having a hard time paying but it's not their fault. My credit card wants an approval for a transaction that big and it's texting a code to a phone number I don't anymore
I tried many times to get Alibaba to take my credit cards. I finally ended up going direct to Deligreens website where they allowed me to use Paypal.
Paypal lets me use a credit card. I had a problem before and Paypal was investigating. But I reported it to my credit card too and they put the money back in my account while they investigated.
I plan to try making some smaller orders from Alibaba to see if I can get them to let me use credit cards.
It seems like a really bad idea to pay with cash. I trust my credit card purchase assurance much more then Alibaba's trade assurance. If there is an issue, I talk to the seller. If I don't have my money back within a week I report it to my credit card company and they deal with it. The money goes back into my account and I forget about it.

This card is actually an Asian card for Korean air. It had no problem taking the charge it just wanted me to varify I was the one making it but it had my old phone number it was texting the varification to.
Called them this morning and got it taken care of and paid for them

I tried many times to get Alibaba to take my credit cards. I finally ended up going direct to Deligreens website where they allowed me to use Paypal.
Paypal lets me use a credit card. I had a problem before and Paypal was investigating. But I reported it to my credit card too and they put the money back in my account while they investigated.
I plan to try making some smaller orders from Alibaba to see if I can get them to let me use credit cards.
It seems like a really bad idea to pay with cash. I trust my credit card purchase assurance much more then Alibaba's trade assurance. If there is an issue, I talk to the seller. If I don't have my money back within a week I report it to my credit card company and they deal with it. The money goes back into my account and I forget about it.
I've made half a dozen transactions on Alibaba. I have had no trouble whatsoever with using either a credit card or a debit card.
My 2 orders each have an extra $45 added to the price by Alibaba. It doesn't show up in the invoice, but was charged to my account.
Emily is checking in to it. I should know in a few hours.

Nobody on this forum knows how to translate the barcode production date.

87C is July 12th 2018, but it might go up to 87Z.

My just landed Xuba EVE280 cells were produced on 880, 88P, 88R and 891, they undulate on the flat sides and have scratch marks on the terminals. I'm happy with mine so far and believe they're unused Grade A- new old stock.

You are paying a grey market price, not the http://www.evebatteryusa.com/ price.

However my Xuba cells were all very closely Voltage matched, and I received photos and video (with name card) from Amy who shipped the exact cells (with name card).

Also Shenzhen Bassen adds a Alibaba Logistics fee of $25 per 8 cells that Xuba does not.

20200924_183808.jpg
20200924_185135.jpg20200924_185400.jpg

At the 3 second mark of the video in the ad for the 280ah from Shenzhen xuba. The video zooms in on a QR code. (8B6) It doesn't really correspond to the date code format as far as I can tell. I'm not sure if we are interpreting it correctly or if it is even a big deal. Either way my order from Shenzhen Basen will be in soon.

Last edited:
At the 3 second mark of the video in the ad for the 280ah from Sheznahen xuba. The video zooms in on a QR code. (8B6) It doesn't really correspond to the date code format as far as I can tell.

It might be year8=2018, month B=11 November, Day6= 6th

Nobody on this forum knows how to translate the barcode production date.

87C is July 12th 2018, but it might go up to 87Z.

My just landed Xuba EVE280 cells were produced on 880, 88P, 88R and 891, they undulate on the flat sides and have scratch marks on the terminals. I'm happy with mine so far and believe they're unused Grade A- new old stock.

You are paying a grey market price, not the http://www.evebatteryusa.com/ price.

However my Xuba cells were all very closely Voltage matched, and I received photos and video (with name card) from Amy who shipped the exact cells (with name card).

Also Shenzhen Bassen adds a Alibaba Logistics fee of $25 per 8 cells that Xuba does not.

View attachment 23758
View attachment 23754View attachment 23755
Do you have any actual code with Z letter in it? If there is a code with Z in it then we need help to read the code. Otherwise I assume that they start A=10 B=11 C=12 ,........ V=31 Any code containing W, X, Y Z will not make sense

Back