diy solar

diy solar

Our NEW GO-TO LiFePO4 vendor...09.20.21

"That's one reason why we put the cells in a compression fixture."

Can you show photo ? Or link ?

This is probably the definitive thread on cell compression.

There are a lot of threads on this topic.

"That's one reason why we put the cells in a compression fixture."

Can you show photo ? Or link ?
I have a photo but I haven't finished it yet. I used 1/4 plywood and threaded rods. I probably should have used 1/2 " plywood but it works. Many have used this method. HRTKD posted a link to one of the many threads on this topic. Although that thread is quite extensive and long it's interesting.

Attachments

• Fixture.jpg
    Fixture.jpg
    196.8 KB · Views: 58
I have top balanced the 16 Docan cells. They stay balanced under load and while resting until they drop to low knee, but none are too far apart even then.
Need some sun now to recharge them after my testing.
Screenshot_20220227-193143_xiaoxiang.jpg

Last edited:
i've just ordered 16 EVE 280Ah LFP cell from Jenny WU of Doncan.
First i was a little scared because after the paiement (made last week), she didn't answer to my PM, but i've see the post on the forum that say "forum moderators have remove her account (no sales ppl allowed on the forum)".
I found with google all the contact infos, and if other people like me ordered battery and can't contact her anymore, you can use her email directly : jennywu896@gmail.com. She still here ;)

mine was shipped, and hope it will arrived in France at the end of the month :)

Last edited:
I have a photo but I haven't finished it yet. I used 1/4 plywood and threaded rods. I probably should have used 1/2 " plywood but it works. Many have used this method. HRTKD posted a link to one of the many threads on this topic. Although that thread is quite extensive and long it's interesting.
Hello @Gazoo which inverter and BMS do you use ? Would you mind posting another photo that captures the BMS as well , I am aspiring to do a setup like this one ,so would really appreciate your insights and a proper shot of the whole setup .

Last edited:
the EVE LF280K cells take about 3 days to top balance to 3.55volts using a Riden 6018 power supply. I set them the Riden 6018 charger at 3.55 volts CC (constant current) and the Riden 6018 charges 4 cells parallel-connected with the supplied nickel plated copper busbars in about 3 days... then shuts itself off.... this worked well for me while I do other things...I ordered twice the number of busbars so they could be paralleled 1st....

I also chose to go with the welded on tapped holes(terminals are welded on already tapped) and use the setscrews and serrated flange nut method,,, that way I can change the length of the stud if I need to...

I like the 25mm long set screws/ set screws for the larger 32-cell 4P8S 24-volt builds. the set screws (aka grub screws) are 6mm in diameter and require a 3mm hex key to tighten in place.

I bought a torque wrench but have found that careful tightening does ok without any stripped studs... (cross my fingers) and do not overtighten them.
I will utilize the torque wrench later on...

I also like "Rays Builds Cool Stuff" idea of cleaning the post a bit and using the carbon paste to reduce the resistance at the connections. this is an improved connection for the long haul... test with the resistance tester... great videos Ray!

You make your own mind up what you choose to do with these expensive LiFePO4 cells.... extra effort will likely pay you back in the future..?

I have 96 LiFePO4 cells cycling....without issues hooked to LF inverters running 24/7..... take your time and be careful....

Hello @Gazoo which inverter and BMS do you use ? Would you mind posting another photo that captures the BMS as well , I am aspiring to do a setup like this one ,so would really appreciate your insights
Hi, I don't have a photo but what I did was mount it to the threaded rods on the sides using zip ties. I used a bottle cap for a spacer to keep the BMS separated from the cells.

Hi, I don't have a photo but what I did was mount it to the threaded rods on the sides using zip ties. I used a bottle cap for a spacer to keep the BMS separated from the cells.
Can you get a photo later on, would appreciate coz I also wanted to understand the connection.

Since Jenny Wu and Amy Zheng accounts are wiped out, does any body still have Amy Zheng Email address and also the website called Power???? I do not remember. I do not do FB. Thanks.

Since Jenny Wu and Amy Zheng accounts are wiped out, does any body still have Amy Zheng Email address and also the website called Power???? I do not remember. I do not do FB. Thanks.
I don't either. FB is a giant FAIL
Amy Zheng: lifepo4battery@163.com
Her forum signature no longer has the website links, and I don't remember what it was. If you figure it out please post it back here. Excellent source for big blue prismatic cells. (y)

This is amy zheng website. It is not part of alibaba but is part of docan.

I thought this thread got deleted, but here it is.
There was one with quite a lot of discussion on the reasons - looks like it got deleted too.
Battery resellers making a ton of dough off Will's forum was the main reason. Not happening any longer.

I'm disappointed to see the vendor threads deleted. They were very useful for new forum members looking for a trusted vendor.
There is more to this story. Even if the policy is changed going forward, there was no need to remove all posts. This forum put together vendors and solar enthusiasts, people learned whom to trust and whom not to.

Completely agree, I would never have committed thousands of dollars to an Alibaba seller without this forums reviews, and witnessing how vendors interacted with their buyers.

Most forums allow vendors paid access to advertise and use their services. Seems like a missed opportunity...

Completely agree, I would never have committed thousands of dollars to an Alibaba seller without this forums reviews, and witnessing how vendors interacted with their buyers.

Most forums allow vendors paid access to advertise and use their services. Seems like a missed opportunity...
My guess is that was the exact problem. The lack of monetization.

Back