diy solar

diy solar

Positive Youtube reviews

John.DS99

I love these glowing youtube reviews by certified honest reviewers that include paid promotions.

I wasn't sure what the paid promotion was but Oh Look! Its an amazon link to the 8000W inverter he reviewed in the video.

I clicked on the link to amazon and looked at the customer reviews
There are two 5 star reviews and five one star reviews.

Only the first review has a picture, and it is of the burned out interior of an inverter with the message that the fire department had to come to his home to put out the fire.

Then I remembered that in the video he mentioned as a mere aside that the first unit he received didn't work, so he had a 50% success rate with this junk himself.

Very glowing review, didn't even mention the amateur soldering in the box as he was complimenting it's contents.

On the other hand, I really like Will's reviews, it seems he has slowed down on product reviews the last few months.

I love these glowing youtube reviews by certified honest reviewers that include paid promotions.

I wasn't sure what the paid promotion was but Oh Look! Its an amazon link to the 8000W inverter he reviewed in the video.

Only the first review has a picture, and it is of the burned out interior of an inverter with the message that the fire department had to come to his home to put out the fire.

Then I remembered that in the video he mentioned as a mere aside that the first unit he received didn't work, so he had a 50% success rate with this junk himself.

Very glowing review, didn't even mention the amateur soldering in the box as he was complimenting it's contents.

On the other hand, I really like Will's reviews, it seems he has slowed down on product reviews the last few months.
My one and only purchase based on glowing reviews from a mildy famous YT creator and testimony on this forum was a certain AIO system. Then I noticed a growing number of complaints. Then mine failed. I didn't get mine from the usual reseller and got zero warranty support. Now I have a one in one that doesn't recognize solar input with a side of charge controller.
Funny adendum: Famous YT guy mysteriously replaced both of his within a year.

Last edited:
I have zero complaints about my WZLRB or what have you 12/1500 inverter, but my purchase wasn’t influenced by Poz.

My one and only purchase based on glowing reviews from a mildy famous YT creator and testimony on this forum was a certain AIO system. Then I noticed a growing number of complaints. Then mine failed. I didn't get mine from the usual reseller and got zero warranty support. Now I have a one in one that doesn't recognize solar input with a side of charge controller.
Funny adendum: Famous YT guy mysteriously replaced both of his within a year.
What product was this??

It's sad because they could make a lot more money and help more people if they focused on finding problems with products and sharing them ? and it's more fun!

Yeah I'm not seeing any new products that I like really. If you want me to review something or warn others of a garbage product, share it here. I'm always here.

It's sad because they could make a lot more money and help more people if they focused on finding problems with products and sharing them ? and it's more fun!

Yeah I'm not seeing any new products that I like really. If you want me to review something or warn others of a garbage product, share it here. I'm always here.
IMO you need a new series “will it start?”

Take the inverter or AIO of the day and see if it can power your car lift. Take say 400ah of 48v batteries, connect it to various inverters and see which ones can power the lift.

IMO you need a new series “will it start?”

Take the inverter or AIO of the day and see if it can power your car lift. Take say 400ah of 48v batteries, connect it to various inverters and see which ones can power the lift.
Oh man the car lift is the best ? I need the 5kva victron inverter so bad. The 3kva only lifts it when it's on the ground. It's the best test around lol

My favourite test: 6Hp vertical tank air compressor, cycling between 95-125psi.
When the low pressure point is tripped, that motor from a dead stop has to pump against the 95PSI tank pressure, and come up to speed.
My In-Rush meter has clocked 80+ Amps (240v) to start it!

Last edited:
I have zero complaints about my WZLRB or what have you 12/1500 inverter, but my purchase wasn’t influenced by Poz.
That unit has much higher ratings than the one on the review. It was comical how bad the reviews were for this particular model.

I just want to point out here that reviewing a product that was given free requires the "paid promotions" box to be checked on Youtube. A lot of people think this means the person was paid to promote the product. I suppose you could make the argument that accepting a free battery is "payment"; however, this is quite different (in my eyes at least) from a company saying "Here's a battery AND I'll pay you $2000 for the video". I personally have never accepted payment for any video (and have had to decline on a few occasions).

Also, I have several WZLRB/Reliable inverters and I've never had any trouble with them other than the one I received from "Amazon Warehouse Deals" that was DOA.

Thats the guy that made the 48volt gas generator rig. I remember watching his vids on the generator build.

OK, since you asked @Will Prowse , how about checking out the Ionic 2Kw 12v LF inverter? There aren't a lot of options out there for 12v AIO's for RV's, campers, vans, etc. I think this is the only LF AIO I've seen for 12v.

I just want to point out here that reviewing a product that was given free requires the "paid promotions" box to be checked on Youtube. A lot of people think this means the person was paid to promote the product. I suppose you could make the argument that accepting a free battery is "payment"; however, this is quite different (in my eyes at least) from a company saying "Here's a battery AND I'll pay you $2000 for the video". I personally have never accepted payment for any video (and have had to decline on a few occasions).

Also, I have several WZLRB/Reliable inverters and I've never had any trouble with them other than the one I received from "Amazon Warehouse Deals" that was DOA.
A person should always specify at the beginning of a Review if they received the item being reviewed for free.

There's a guy in Oregon that does towing and vehicle recovery YT videos (Casey LaDelle). He did a video a year or two ago that went over how he and other YT folks make money. Well worth watching. He also has a very entertaining channel if you need something to view between @Will Prowse 's fine educational offerings (which I certainly enjoy and appreciate!).

Back