diy solar

diy solar

Post your Ground Mount Setup

This was the quick and easy setup. pallet racks for mounting panels on . one thing I really like about this is you have channels on back side to hide all the wiring inside of pallet rack frame. Im in the middle of going from 250w panels to 400w panels. picture time in evening sun20231023_172134.jpg20231023_172140.jpg

Thanks, I was leaning to a new EG4 18000, 12,000watt. until I seen all the criticism, actually I had one ordered, though it keeps being delayed by battery sticker / government, Lol
It looks real nice but I worry about support....

So are you still getting it?

I haven't used the eg4 18k. It looks great though. I would take the criticism with a grain of salt. People don't chime in on a forum because everything is working perfectly.

Wow all of these ranches... I'm getting jealous. What a great place for a solar array.

I haven't used the eg4 18k. It looks great though. I would take the criticism with a grain of salt. People don't chime in on a forum because everything is working perfectly.

Wow all of these ranches... I'm getting jealous. What a great place for a solar array.
Yes! Envy! But lots to keep up with too on an acreage. :)

Actually I'm kind of peeved at signature, they can't keep stock or get sto k, everything is "well about 2 weeks" so I'm open to suggestions, I want trouble free as possible, Lol don't we all.
All the scare stories about SS customer service and warranty scared me off, but I may have jumped from the frying pan into the fire with SunGold...who knows....Hopefully I'll receive my order in a week or two but who knows....All I got so far is a charge on my credit card and a "we'll let you know when it ships" :)

..and in my email just now the let me know it has shipped. :) :) :)

People went to jail for this ground mount. Welded braces on the panel mount arms so at least the front panels could be mounted lower for less shading of the rear panels. A little sketchy as far as supporting the panel frames widely enough, but send it. The miscellaneous panels on the ground were all free, my favorite are the 5x 64w Solarex from the 1990's still going. Everything is on old used enphase m190/m210 microinverters, on a single 15a circuit back to shed and house. The location in the garden was the cleanest look for the yard, but it's shaded by trees by mid-afternoon. A dream is to make this a two axis tracker: put actuators for tilt, move the back row up for less shading, add wheels to rotate around vertical axis, and drive around the yard where there's clear sun all day. More system pictures: https://photos.app.goo.gl/q1euFhioH266nPvW9

1698438867985.png1698438937330.png
1698439027032.png

Last edited:
Back