diy solar

diy solar

RESOLVED: EG4 6500EX and 6000EX Lights Flickering FIRMWARE

I have three EG4 6000's each one has a different voltage output.....116, 122, 118 etc at the same time. Also the Hz is different on all three 59.8, 60, 60.1.....constantly fluctuating. Don't know what it does to refrigerators and computers but it plays hell with incandescent lights.
Is this the displayed at voltage or actual with a multimeter voltage? Either way that points to a problem as far as I am concerned

A bit more data for whoever is working with SS for a solution for this issue. I put a meter on an outlet for a few hours this morning. It was late morning so the sun was already high and steady. My small inside UPS system had already stopped switching on and off but I wanted to record max and min voltage readings anyway. The readings... Max=123.0V Min=114.6 The system was set to SBU and running off solar but not sure if the battery ever kicked in during a high demand period.

Once again, I'm more interested in how the sine wave looks. I'm assuming this voltage swing is not a big issue (but I don't know for sure).

tsp
PS: The circuit tested had no high demand equipment on it. Normally runs at about 80-100 watts. Of course the 6500 was running 7 other circuits in the house.
That is bad wrong, there is something very up with that inverter.

Scott - is this AFTER you installed the supposedly latest 6000 firmware update of yesterday (which is the same number and size as the one from 2/10/23)????
I did the update now, last night, all three show U1 63 11 but the secondary cpu? the two slaves say U2 61 04 adn the host says U2 61 03.....Message came up each time that update completed. Not sure why the secondary cpu is different....still have massive flicker and all voltages and Hz never match.

I did the update now, last night, all three show U1 63 11 but the secondary cpu? the two slaves say U2 61 04 adn the host says U2 61 03.....Message came up each time that update completed. Not sure why the secondary cpu is different....still have massive flicker and all voltages and Hz never match.
All firmwares need to match for the system to function properly.

All firmwares need to match for the system to function properly.
I have done the updates on each inverter and message comes up that it was successful.....This is only the InfiniVMaster CPU reflash, that is all I see to update on the EG4 6000's ? The Host never matches the slaves....

Is this the displayed at voltage or actual with a multimeter voltage? Either way that points to a problem as far as I am concerned
I just pulled my AC out panel cover off and checked with a multimeter, it confirms what the display says....PV is getting weaker now this time of day and they don't jump around as much as when I am making 3 KW on each inverter.

Interesting... let me look into it and see what could be causing that to happen
Thanks, I did the update Friday after you notified us about it clearing up flicker... I emailed a tech checking to see if I had done something wrong, they said the updates weren't put in till Friday....so I did all three inverters again last night. Host will never change on the secondary CPU numbers, both slaves match.

Interesting... let me look into it and see what could be causing that to happen
I want to tell you to give Ryan a raise.....seriously, I appreciate all his help. Now days no one wants to work and when someone shows up to work and provides me a service or product that I can actually afford, I really appreciate it. My system is providing nearly all my electric needs and my only real problem is the flicker. I suspect it will be able to be worked out. It is only a problem during times of high PV production. Thanks for putting up with all the bitching.

I want to tell you to give Ryan a raise.....seriously, I appreciate all his help. Now days no one wants to work and when someone shows up to work and provides me a service or product that I can actually afford, I really appreciate it. My system is providing nearly all my electric needs and my only real problem is the flicker. I suspect it will be able to be worked out. It is only a problem during times of high PV production. Thanks for putting up with all the bitching.
He got one yesterday! I'm glad to hear that. Ryan works his tail off.

Might it help with that last update if you take that inverter out of parallel and run it alone for the update?

Might it help with that last update if you take that inverter out of parallel and run it alone for the update?
I turned off all PV input, all AC input and output, and turned off each inverter. Ran update with only the inverter that I was updating run off battery power. Left each one off until all were finished. Turned on Host first ( I have had the inverters keep switching between host and slave before....) then the slaves. The slave match firmware, the host does not match...stayed at the old numbers. Perplexing.

For anyone with a 6500 that's performed the firmware update, have you noticed any issues with settings not changing/saving?

It also seems like the transfer times between SBU and SUB are a little bit slower than the 71.60 firmware version. I have option 3 set to UPS and it seems like the switches were much faster before I updated. Anyone noticed this as well?

I turned off all PV input, all AC input and output, and turned off each inverter. Ran update with only the inverter that I was updating run off battery power. Left each one off until all were finished. Turned on Host first ( I have had the inverters keep switching between host and slave before....) then the slaves. The slave match firmware, the host does not match...stayed at the old numbers. Perplexing.
I had that happen with my EG4 6500s - when I updated the firmware on the old inverter (May 2022) and the new inverter (November 2022 replacement) at the same time, the old inverter showed firmware 79.02 and the new inverter showed 79.03.

I repeated the update 3 times and it never got the same version on both inverters. When I updated the firmware again this weekend, it updated both inverters to 79.61 without any problems.

Back